Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Global Resist Envy

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
So I just started doing some PvP, and as a result, have become kind of stat-conscious. :? I am wondering, specifically, how some people get these insane resist numbers. Like 45-50%. My Level 70 Myth has 32%. This is from WT/ZF crafted gear, and my pet, which has 9% proof. I'd be very interested in hearing from people who have high resist numbers, if they wouldn't mind sharing their gear and/or pet stats. I have to hope that WW gear isn't the only way to get there--3-hour dungeons just aren't possible for me, as a working adult.

Anyway, feel free to brag about your stats, but please satisfy my curiosity as to their origin. :-)

Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I have a level 70 myth also with that resist. Get rid of the zf clothes, all three need to be your WW gear. Then my pet has defy (5) and spell proof (10) and combined with clothes, I have 45 universal resist.

Ashley

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Also the WW dungeon should be less than one hour, or one hour tops if you have a full group. Even with just 3 good wizards you can in an hour or less. Now the Helephant tower dungeon, yes that place takes 3-4 hours. But I have been in water works enough times to get my full WW gear for 4 Level 70 wizards. So trust me on the one hour time :)

Ashley

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I hear that Ice wizards have the highest natural resist in the game.

With their extremely high resist, the Waterworks equipment, and both spell defy and spell proof from the pet talents, I have seen a Ice wizard with over 40% global resist, to all schools. And that is ontop of their incredibly high health of 4,000+.

Important key to note is that both resist talents from the pet are needed to achieve this.

-Spell Proof
-Spell Defy
-Waterworks equipment

I also think this could be taken a step further. From what a wizard had told me about talents, talents' benefit is increased as the stats are increased. Meaning, if a pet also has a 'derby' talent that increases stats, the benefit for any talent that is affected by that stat is also increased.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Re: Waterworks--I just did it with one other person, and it took about 2 hours. So, not as bad as I feared. I got the boots, but my ZF crafted ones are better--more health, more block--I guess you need the whole set of gear to really get the good resist. And from what I've heard, getting a complete set can take forever...my friend didn't get any of the gear he wanted. Sigh...well, maybe I'll try again. Although that last battle is really a pain...