Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Free for all!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Many many wizards have been posting this on 2009. Well, I wanted to bring the idea back! But since AoE's are a bit overpowered now, each wizard is going to have to buy a deck called FFA _____ (Depending what they are e.g: Adept Sorcerer) deck.

This deck would have the same space as any other deck at that same level for each school! Only rank 4 spells and under are allowed! Yes, I know, you want to use your amazing Storm Lord. Well, it would be overpowered getting hit by 7 AoE's! So, what do you think on this re-found idea?

Here's the edit since I had to leave:

I'm expecting to see complaints and such on this idea if it's bad/good. Well, if KI were to let ANY rank spell to be used in a free for all match, the game is done!

So, if the wizard does not have an FFA deck equipped, they will not be able to participate in a free for all duel. The deck will be the item restricting rank spells. I understand that some schools have WEAK spells for rank 4, so here are the exceptions!
Scald
Frost Armor
Frozen Armor
Pet spells WILL be allowed!
Rebirth (an HoE would only heal yourself of course!)
Dryad
Heckhound
Judgement
Storm Hound
Skeletal Pirate
Wraith
Any X rank spell

This would be a very fun and challenging match! Also, the PvP chat feature will block all other players on their other team! There is a way to program this a bit. Just maybe make each symbol where the wizard is at to be its own team.

This would even out the playing field, because each wizard is going to have to use strategy instead of just letting their spells do all the work for them. Rank 4 spell ARE powerful!

Yes, I know, Sun trained wizards do have an advantage in this, but Moon can polymorph! They can just use the Gobbler again and again to stall until there is 1 enemy left! Also, this will make each wizard want to prepare their deck well, get the best gear possible, make their pet max out their stats, so this will bring many wizards to their top amount of skill.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi joujou11cool,

I would like more details, level of the wizard, gear, pet, etc?

Thanks,
Joe.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Many many wizards have been posting this on 2009. Well, I wanted to bring the idea back! But since AoE's are a bit overpowered now, each wizard is going to have to buy a deck called FFA _____ (Depending what they are e.g: Adept Sorcerer) deck.

This deck would have the same space as any other deck at that same level for each school! Only rank 4 spells and under are allowed! Yes, I know, you want to use your amazing Storm Lord. Well, it would be overpowered getting hit by 7 AoE's! So, what do you think on this re-found idea?
Seems like a strange idea. Strange, and bordering on the realm of a complaint about Storm Lord.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Seems like a strange idea. Strange, and bordering on the realm of a complaint about Storm Lord.

Well, imagine how fast a PvP match would be if you got hit by 7 Storm Lords. Too fast wouldn't it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Well, imagine how fast a PvP match would be if you got hit by 7 Storm Lords. Too fast wouldn't it.
How could you be hit by 7 consecutive Storm Lords?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

If all enemies in the playing field were to attack in a 4v4 match.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I see. So you designed an optional Spell Deck for the sole purpose of making your life easier? Here's the deal:
When viewing something in these forums, you absolutely must see them from a neutra standpoint. Try doing 1v1, makes it harder and pointless for Storm Wizards to use Storm Lord.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I mean free for all match.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I see. So you designed an optional Spell Deck for the sole purpose of making your life easier? Here's the deal:
When viewing something in these forums, you absolutely must see them from a neutra standpoint. Try doing 1v1, makes it harder and pointless for Storm Wizards to use Storm Lord.

I don't care at all how much my opponent attacks me due to my resist. I can survive 8+ Storm Lords for goodness sake! I'll clear up the free for all thing:
All players are against each other, so due to the damage of the higher rank spells, it would be the first person to use an aoe to win. Free for all again, means all players against each other, it's not a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4. It's 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1. So that's why I'm restricting too high of rank spells, or this type of pvp will NOT be fun at all, but just a nuisance to computer memory.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hmm, I see now. I thought it was a type of spell deck. I also think that it could be edited a bit. How about no AoEs? If there were attack all enemy spells in that kind of match, it could grant an instantaneous win to the caster. So any spell that is AoE will be replaced with a copy of the wizard's school's blade for the duration of the match.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Hmm, I see now. I thought it was a type of spell deck. I also think that it could be edited a bit. How about no AoEs? If there were attack all enemy spells in that kind of match, it could grant an instantaneous win to the caster. So any spell that is AoE will be replaced with a copy of the wizard's school's blade for the duration of the match.

Well, there is a deck restriction to this type of pvp, and you'll only be able to join if you have the certain free for all deck on. The max rank of spells would be 4, excluding the exceptions above, so spells won't be too powerful in damage, even in AoE, but some people enchant, so I see why your reason of no AoE's is fair.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Well, there is a deck restriction to this type of pvp, and you'll only be able to join if you have the certain free for all deck on. The max rank of spells would be 4, excluding the exceptions above, so spells won't be too powerful in damage, even in AoE, but some people enchant, so I see why your reason of no AoE's is fair.
Sorry if I am being redundant, but why rank 4 and below? A lot of schools have only very weak attacks below rank 4, and sometimes enchantments won't help. So, I think no AoE attacks are a good medium, the spell deck restriction part I don't quite get.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Hi joujou11cool,

I would like more details, level of the wizard, gear, pet, etc?

Thanks,
Joe.

I edited it for you ;)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Sorry if I am being redundant, but why rank 4 and below? A lot of schools have only very weak attacks below rank 4, and sometimes enchantments won't help. So, I think no AoE attacks are a good medium, the spell deck restriction part I don't quite get.

Ok, I'll tell you why. It's a free for all, meaning that people could team up to focus on one certain enemy, and that likely happens when fighting a powerful wizard. The rank 4 restriction rule is good, because it will still allow you to use these AoE's:
Blizzard
Sandstorm
Meteor Strike
Humongofrog

And then the exceptions as said above:
Dryad
Any heal
Judgement
Storm Hound
Heckhound
Stormzilla
Centaur
Frozen Armor
Ice Armor
Frostbite

This would still allow wizards to use strong spells, and you can always expect wizards to ally and kill the other half of the field and such, so if these spells were allowed:
Triton
Leviathan
Efreet
Chimera
Gnomes!
Dr. Von's Monster
Hydra
Wraith
Skeletal Dragon
Skeletal Pirate

So on, then you'd get hit by 1000 damage quite a lot, and you'd get annihilated very shortly, so that type of pvp won't be fun at all and would just be a stress bomb to adults after work. I understand that some schools have terrible rank 4 spells, but that's why some restrictions are there to let those spells in that deck, so it evens out the playing field.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Schools like Storm or Fire might get annhialated very easily with the set up you suggested as well. Storm wizards occasionally rely upon their higher rank single hit spells, as do Fire wizards. Doesn't even stop there, as Death, Life, and Ice also rely upon spells that you have excluded. I can see where you're coming from, I just hope you can see where I am.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Schools like Storm or Fire might get annhialated very easily with the set up you suggested as well. Storm wizards occasionally rely upon their higher rank single hit spells, as do Fire wizards. Doesn't even stop there, as Death, Life, and Ice also rely upon spells that you have excluded. I can see where you're coming from, I just hope you can see where I am.

Alright, maybe the rank exception could be 5 or lower, and Centaur will be allowed for Life. Is that good, or will it have to be only some certain spells to be restricted, because when you get defeated, you're defeated.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Alright, maybe the rank exception could be 5 or lower, and Centaur will be allowed for Life. Is that good, or will it have to be only some certain spells to be restricted, because when you get defeated, you're defeated.
Yes, I think certain spells allowed is better. Centaur for Life I think is right, but Triton for Storm and Efreet for Fire as well as some others. Myth needs Medusa too, and Ice will probably require Mammoth. Anything anyone wants to add?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Yes, I think certain spells allowed is better. Centaur for Life I think is right, but Triton for Storm and Efreet for Fire as well as some others. Myth needs Medusa too, and Ice will probably require Mammoth. Anything anyone wants to add?

Wow, wow, wow. Level 58 and 68 spells in a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1? There are team-ups, and by making a level cap for rank 5 spells final, and the exceptions, that would make a free for all fair. Imagine getting hit by a level 58 spell then getting impaled by another one following after another, because that would likely happen against a warlord.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Wow, wow, wow. Level 58 and 68 spells in a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1? There are team-ups, and by making a level cap for rank 5 spells final, and the exceptions, that would make a free for all fair. Imagine getting hit by a level 58 spell then getting impaled by another one following after another, because that would likely happen against a warlord.
I see your point. Maybe rank 6? Fire gets Helephant, Life gets Centaur, everyones happy.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

I see your point. Maybe rank 6? Fire gets Helephant, Life gets Centaur, everyones happy.

Rank 6 is good actually, it would leave a good overall damage difference going along with the health of each school.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Rank 6 is good actually, it would leave a good overall damage difference going along with the health of each school.
Ok, that should stem the majority of complaints that might have come from this. 6 it is, everyone's happy. Perhaps could be the "morale booster" people need. Some of my friends have been growing bored lately, so i'd assume that this also afflicts a healthy number of players.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
In ranked?

So 7 wizards would lose ranking, 8 would win the bounty?

Kinda unfair... x_x Maybe a house that allowed this only? Imagine

Number 1 House for holding the most parties: FREE FOR ALL HOUSE.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

Yes, 7 wizards will lose rank, but 1 will gain:
8th: -8
7th: -7
6th- -6
5: -5
4: -4
3: -3
2: -2
1: +8

If 2 wizards die in the same "round", then they would both count as 8th...
The person that survives last will gain xp no matter what. This will not be a type of battle in a house, only in the arena.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

Arenas are normally bonuses, not the point of buying a house itself.

Defender
May 29, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

Yes, 7 wizards will lose rank, but 1 will gain:
8th: -8
7th: -7
6th- -6
5: -5
4: -4
3: -3
2: -2
1: +8

If 2 wizards die in the same "round", then they would both count as 8th...
The person that survives last will gain xp no matter what. This will not be a type of battle in a house, only in the arena.

Wouldn't this unbalance points? How bout this.

8th -18

7th -17

6th -16

5th - 15

4th +15

3rd + 16

2nd + 17

1st + 18

This way points will be balanced and you can earn more.