Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50% mounts

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2011
I think for more gold and crowns of course, we should have 45 or 50% percent mounts by now. Maybe school mounts? Maybe a mount from a new pack? I really want 50% mounts

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, um I am gonna hate myself for asking this, but, what is a 50% mount?

Is that half a mount, half an outfit?

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:

he likely meant +50% speed like how other mounts are +40% speed

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
darthjt wrote:

It means the mount travels at 50% more speed then normal.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Then when you follow someone, you must keep stopping so you don't pass them... and if you lead they will get left behind..

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Defender
May 29, 2011
magicintheair wrote:
Then when you follow someone, you must keep stopping so you don't pass them... and if you lead they will get left behind..

Isnt that the same thing if you have a mount and they dont? You cant honestly be saying thats a reason not to have 50% mounts

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
LOL i think the people took this and thought you meant 50% off cause they did that awhile ago.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Hmm a 50% mount is going to be really fast, and you might bump into stuff, but I think it's a good idea. Like the Kirin mount, it is already fast on 40% but 50% might be a little too much on my opinion. :D

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
magicintheair wrote:
Thats true I follow his reply. lol

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, if a 50% mount does come out, everybody will be riding it, and there will be no more mount variety. xD

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
mkt3 wrote:
magicintheair wrote:

Isnt that the same thing if you have a mount and they dont? You cant honestly be saying thats a reason not to have 50% mounts

Yes but most people past WC have a mount... but if they do that it will be everyone and it would be annoying and you'd get there at the same time anyway, just with stops to wait up.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
darthjt wrote:

it's 50% more speed but half mount half outfit would be really really awesome i think you should make that as a suggestion or let me use it, a centaur mount outfit would be cool plz either suggest that plz plz or let me because that is an awesome idea does anyone agre so plz plz pzl plz plz suggest that or let me and plz plz plz respond soon

Nicholas Deathbringer grandmaster pyromancer LV. 54

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
You can already achieve up to 48%.
A mount +Shoes of the comet (I think thats the name?)
Gives +8% more speed. Just switch in and out before going in battles.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
magicintheair wrote:

No kidding, this is why the meoden was upped from its initial 30% to 40%. Difference in speeds makes playing with others a pain.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ronster55 wrote:

Only reason I never bought those is .. who the heck wants to switch in and out of shoes every single time they get in and out of battle? lol.

Especially when one accidentally gets sucked into something, or teleports to someone in a fight. Shoes can add quite a good stat boost, every time one accidentally found themselves in a fight they'd be not fighting at their fullest.

Defender
May 17, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:

i do that. and there are boots that give you +4 speed too, in case 8 is to fast for you.

Defender
May 29, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:

I know that, but that is still 40%. How bout this? 50% mount plus 8% = 58%
Now do you understand?

Defender
May 29, 2011
magicintheair wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
magicintheair wrote:

Yes but most people past WC have a mount... but if they do that it will be everyone and it would be annoying and you'd get there at the same time anyway, just with stops to wait up.

What if they have a 50% mount too? I didnt say there would only be one, i said i wanted 50% mount(s). And honestly, if you think its too fast you dont have to wear it.

Defender
May 29, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Well, if a 50% mount does come out, everybody will be riding it, and there will be no more mount variety. xD

Who said there would be one 50% mount? Who said everyone will get it a free? Not me. I said 50% mount(s) not just one 50% mount. This would not ruin variety of mounts cause not everyone would be able to get it and it wouldnt be the only one.

Defender
May 29, 2011
honeyhon wrote:
Hmm a 50% mount is going to be really fast, and you might bump into stuff, but I think it's a good idea. Like the Kirin mount, it is already fast on 40% but 50% might be a little too much on my opinion. :D

If you think its too fast then simply dont wear it. It is an option you know.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:

like 1/2 human 1/2 kirin? lol i think he meant 50% speed boost. most mounts are 40% or 20% i think he wants a 50% one.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I think more speed mounts are a GREAT idea. Some people say its too fast, but mounts are an OPTION. If you think its to fast then dont wear it! Its common sense!

I for one would love a faster mount.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I like the school mount idea it should be at lvl 75 quest where you have to go to a life dungeon and all you can have there is only life school people and you would have to deafeat for example a bunch of corrupted green men that have 5000 health each and resist everything and theres a king green man " for example" that has 10000 health with everything else. after that you have to go to WizardCity and go to nighshade kill him and his soul is the power to make this " speical " mount.

Matthew lifecrafter lvl 46 lvl 80 wanna be Life