Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does PvP Ranking Even Matter Anymore?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
I've seen people with all kinds of ranks, 3300, 2000's, all of those kinds of high numbers. Does it even matter anymore though? With all of the exploits, especially 3v3 4v4 Transcended + Three Rank 0, Level 1, I'm wondering if being a high rank is worth it. I've seen people with a rank 3000 that me (a rank 1200) could easily beat in 1v1. Guess how they got that rank... teaming up with 3 Rank 0, Level 1 people.

While these exploits are getting out of hand, PvP is kind of boring me, thinking to myself, "No matter how long you 1v1, what's the point? You'll never be as high as the exploiters."

Eh, maybe I should just ignore them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
lucara wrote:
I've seen people with all kinds of ranks, 3300, 2000's, all of those kinds of high numbers. Does it even matter anymore though? With all of the exploits, especially 3v3 4v4 Transcended + Three Rank 0, Level 1, I'm wondering if being a high rank is worth it. I've seen people with a rank 3000 that me (a rank 1200) could easily beat in 1v1. Guess how they got that rank... teaming up with 3 Rank 0, Level 1 people.

While these exploits are getting out of hand, PvP is kind of boring me, thinking to myself, "No matter how long you 1v1, what's the point? You'll never be as high as the exploiters."

Eh, maybe I should just ignore them.

Lucara,

Your right, the rank doesnt' really mean a thing anymore, cause you never know how they got it. Plus when you see the Warlords above 1500, that is becoming a key, as to what they may really be nowdays.
I don't care about Rank, it's just the Challenge of trying to come up with a better stratergy and try to out-think the person accross from you.
The friends I make, the conversations, the fun I have, is what its all about to me.

Joe.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
What school(s) are you? balance, myth, and ice i find are most often 1v1 warlords (others may have seen differently). find a warlord of your school then ask for their strategy, and these "exploits" well I cant do anything about them. If you get frustrated IGNORE NOT REPORT is a good idea. use reporting for legitimate reasons. i appologize if i sounded rude i do not mean to.