Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown of Fire~ need some suggestions.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So, Valerian (my Death wiz) is almost finished in Mooshu and is getting ready to face Malistaire...

*cues epic fight music*

I've already beaten him with my sorcerer, so I know what to expect. That said, because Val is a necromancer as well, I'll probably have to rely on prisms a lot- I don't know much about them (because sorcerers don't really have to worry about that), so I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. Prisms: is it a good idea to use them? I don't think Malistaire has a -80% Life shield (I've never seen him use one, anyway); should I pick up a Life wand, or just stack my deck with dispels?

2. Val's secondary is Myth (up to Minotaur), but he has a few extra training points left- where should I put them? Ice (to Tower), or Balance for the blades/extra AOE spell (since Death has no AOEs at that level, I'm counting on Humungofrog to off the minions).

It's a bit early yet, but any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. :-)

Peace, love & brimstone!
El Veeb (& Vampire Val, the friendly necromancer)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
So, Valerian (my Death wiz) is almost finished in Mooshu and is getting ready to face Malistaire...

*cues epic fight music*

I've already beaten him with my sorcerer, so I know what to expect. That said, because Val is a necromancer as well, I'll probably have to rely on prisms a lot- I don't know much about them (because sorcerers don't really have to worry about that), so I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. Prisms: is it a good idea to use them? I don't think Malistaire has a -80% Life shield (I've never seen him use one, anyway); should I pick up a Life wand, or just stack my deck with dispels?

Malistaire has very good death resistance, so using a prism is an excellent idea as it will make your death attack into a life attack and instead of being resisted, it will boost on him. No, Death does not use life shields, so you don't really need a life wand, except that it does boost on death enemies. All of the minions are death with Malistaire, so it would be hard to dispel, especially since they use small attacks. Best to just use froggy to take out minions, then use a prism and feint on malistaire and attack to gain your health back.

2. Val's secondary is Myth (up to Minotaur), but he has a few extra training points left- where should I put them? Ice (to Tower), or Balance for the blades/extra AOE spell (since Death has no AOEs at that level, I'm counting on Humungofrog to off the minions).

Ice to tower is always a good idea. Since you have myth's humongofrog, I dont see a need for Balance's sandstorm, especially since spiritual blades also come with a myth blade. Best idea is to save as many training points as you can, for who knows what is next to come out. As you go farther, investing in spells such as gargantuan and colossal is a wonderful idea.

It's a bit early yet, but any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. :-)

Peace, love & brimstone!
El Veeb (& Vampire Val, the friendly necromancer)

You should have an easy enough time, even if you solo malistaire. Good luck and hope my suggestions helped.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I didn't even think of the Mythblade thing~ thanks, that helps a lot. :-)