Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Breaking my silence on the stun issue

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yeah yeah I'm months late but I have been holding onto this for a long time.
And it's more of a simple suggestion more than anything else. I'll spare the background of how I feel about chain stunning. This was an idea that came to me after seeing the different ways Kingsisle could try and help fix for good the stunning issue. Now that I know what they are capable of doing for the sake of fair PvP I can suggest this idea because it will be entirely possible and wouldn't really negatively affect anyone and will reduce the feeling of being penalized for having multiple stun spells. So here we go:

Remember when KingsIsle were toying with ways to fix the stun issue? Remember the old stun block shield that looked like this { }? Remember when that shield was breakable to spells like earthquake and pierce as well as a stun spell?

Well now we have this: {w}. This version of the stun shield cannot be broken by earth or anything other than another stun spell. We now have a spell that gives us two of {w}. Why not change that to { }?

Why not have two different stun block spells? One being a block :{ }
and one being a lock {w}

The block is the spell you must place on yourself as a spell. This spell should return as the spell that must be placed on you as a shield. This is the one, that, as a shield, or a block, can still be removed by spells like earth. Whereas if you use an actual stun spell on someone, the stun placed on you is the lock ! This way you cannot chain stun with stun spells since the {w} is the stun shield that can only be removed by more stuns. And players who do happen to use stuns are not left out and easily locked out when someone uses a stun block spell instead! It's fair and helps block chain stunning while also allowing a player to bypass shields to make use of their own strategies without having to resort to stunning ten times to get through an opponent!

How about that?