Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Answer me This.....

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
This question goes out to anyone with strong knowledge of PvP, but I am especially calling on Darthjt and Lion359.

Answer me this: Why does everyone say Storm has been getting nerfed? I am a Storm, but I have ok Health, 36% Resist, and 95% Damage. I recently defeated an entire team of opponents with Sirens in 4v4 when they hadn't even taken a hit, and yet people think it is weak? Please respond, this doesn't make sense to me and i'm tired of being confused all the time....

Historian
May 01, 2010
My guess is that they are really comparing it to the strength storm had for the short while, and while newer storms wouldnt be bothered by this, the ones that have been with the school for a while, are getting annoyed by these changes.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The reasons people say that storm is being nerfed:

1. All new gear, meaning any gear above level 60, takes away more damage boost from storm, than any other school. (now, some will say, that according to percentiles, the most is taken from Ice, since they are the lowest damage boost. But in terms of actual amount of damage boost, no school loses the damage boost that storm does.

2. Sirens was changed before being released to live. In test realm, Sirens did 915 damage, removed 2 blades and placed 2 -50% accuracy modifiers. Granted, that was a lot, but to take both the damage down and remove 1 disarm and 1 accuracy modifier, is quite a significant nerf.

3. Storm resistance is out of this world for an Ice Wizard, can be up to 70% storm resistance.

4. Storm did not get any good addition to health or critical block, while being hit with this nerf bat.

These are the reasons why people are saying that storm is being nerfed more than other schools. Other schools got increases in damage on their spells, got increases in resistance, increases in critical block, etc.

Hope this helps!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Why do you guys always start beefs?

Storm hasn't been nerfed at all really. Sirens is still quite powerful, people seem to forget about blades and enchantments. All what was changed before that was Wild Bolt. A good Storm can get over 40 resist and 2900 health, and 85 attack. Storm isn't weak at all. Sirens is effective as ever, just add a smoke and you'll be sure that the other team fizzles. As far as I know it's just Wild Bolt and Sirens. But who really spams Bolt anymore? No one. There's more storm spells too. I don't know that much about Storm as a matter of fact. But in conclusion, Storm really hasn't been nerfed.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
darthjt wrote:

1. All new gear, meaning any gear above level 60, takes away more damage boost from storm, than any other school. (now, some will say, that according to percentiles, the most is taken from Ice, since they are the lowest damage boost. But in terms of actual amount of damage boost, no school loses the damage boost that storm does.

2. Sirens was changed before being released to live. In test realm, Sirens did 915 damage, removed 2 blades and placed 2 -50% accuracy modifiers. Granted, that was a lot, but to take both the damage down and remove 1 disarm and 1 accuracy modifier, is quite a significant nerf.

3. Storm resistance is out of this world for an Ice Wizard, can be up to 70% storm resistance.

4. Storm did not get any good addition to health or critical block, while being hit with this nerf bat.

These are the reasons why people are saying that storm is being nerfed more than other schools. Other schools got increases in damage on their spells, got increases in resistance, increases in critical block, etc.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, Darthjt, and everyone else posting on this thread. This input has helped me understand this outbreak of posts. I don't consider myself affected too much by the items listed in this thread, but I guess i'm just lucky. Thanks guys,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Hope this helps!

Also, their resist from waterworks gear HAS dropped.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
This question goes out to anyone with strong knowledge of PvP, but I am especially calling on Darthjt and Lion359.

Answer me this: Why does everyone say Storm has been getting nerfed? I am a Storm, but I have ok Health, 36% Resist, and 95% Damage. I recently defeated an entire team of opponents with Sirens in 4v4 when they hadn't even taken a hit, and yet people think it is weak? Please respond, this doesn't make sense to me and i'm tired of being confused all the time....

Hi Bionaknight,

Don't think you should have included me, as I am not in the same class as Darthjt, Gatar, and a host of other guys that post here.

I think Darthjt got it right, all schools have moved up in several ways, but Storm still has it's two serious flaws. Lack of Health and limited resist.
My Level 70 Storm health sits at 2525, and his resist is at 40%.
If his health was higher, and I could survive more than two solid hits, I would have a dominating force, that almost no one could stop.
The problem is, with the new spells, add in Infalliable, and the the new boost, and I can hit 2525 in one combo on most of my other wizards.
I have fought many Storms, and it's really hard for a storm to take out almost any of my wizards, before I can take them out.
So it's not just that they got nerfed to some degree, but that the other wizards gained.
These huge hits released in Zafaria have changed the 1v1 game, and in PvP, I think that it hurt Storm the most.

Joe.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
My current post also talks about how is Storm being nerfed down.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/46040.ftl

Yet, majority agree and some don't because they always opposing storm.

Storm isn't my only school, I have a Balance and Myth.

Both my Storm and Balance are commanders at PvP, but I do have a harder time when I go with my storm 1v1 than 4v4, but if you have no team, Storm cant actually PvP.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Daviato wrote:
My current post also talks about how is Storm being nerfed down.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/46040.ftl

Yet, majority agree and some don't because they always opposing storm.

Storm isn't my only school, I have a Balance and Myth.

Both my Storm and Balance are commanders at PvP, but I do have a harder time when I go with my storm 1v1 than 4v4, but if you have no team, Storm cant actually PvP.

I know you have that post, i've commented on it. You see, I don't personally feel affected by these changes that the posters listed, but that's just me. I do enjoy 1v1 a lot, and I am quite proficient at it, if I do say so myself. Storm got a bad reputation from Bolting, everyone else wants to cut down all our damage so that they can have an easier time of it.