Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buy area forever? I'm confused.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
OK,if you purchase an area with crowns,does it mean you can go to that location forever? please tell me---I wanna know.

Administrator
Free to Play Players can choose to purchase individual Pay as you Go Zones of Wizard101 without a Membership. It allows you to purchase just the next zone you need to progress, and once you've purchased a zone, it's accessible forever, to all your characters on that account who have completed the quests to enter that zone.

In short, Membership rents time in the game, Crowns buy areas in the game.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Free to Play Players can choose to purchase individual Pay as you Go Zones of Wizard101 without a Membership. It allows you to purchase just the next zone you need to progress, and once you've purchased a zone, it's accessible forever, to all your characters on that account who have completed the quests to enter that zone.

Does that mean even if KI quit running this game (god forbid) or I no longer had internet that i could still play?

just wondering...

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Talk about your double dipping .... Memberships rent Wow.... just think .... if you have a membership for 10 years you would of spent over 1100 dollars on this game in 10 years.... not to mention the crowns you bought over those years for in game items.... and if you quit then you lose those areas.... but if you buy a area for crowns with out a membership it's yours for life.... hmmmm one would have to rethink this again.... cause who's the real winner here....

Thanks for reading....

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jfiske1983 wrote:

Does that mean even if KI quit running this game (god forbid) or I no longer had internet that i could still play?

just wondering...

How are you going to play an internet-based game without the internet?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
jfiske1983 wrote:

just wondering...

How are you going to play an internet-based game without the internet?

Pen and paper.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
jfiske1983 wrote:

just wondering...

No. If KI stopped running the game then the game would be shut down and unaccessable by regular means. If you have no internet then you still cannot play due to the fact that Wizard 101 is an internet based game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
Talk about your double dipping .... Memberships rent Wow.... just think .... if you have a membership for 10 years you would of spent over 1100 dollars on this game in 10 years.... not to mention the crowns you bought over those years for in game items.... and if you quit then you lose those areas.... but if you buy a area for crowns with out a membership it's yours for life.... hmmmm one would have to rethink this again.... cause who's the real winner here....

Thanks for reading....

Personally what I have found is - we started with 3 memberships, am now down to 2 after a year an a half, will probably be down to 1 or none next year, do I really need lifetime access to any area?

On the other hand you are totally right about the double dip - I think after all I have invested into memberships if I do stop it tomorrow and now am only allowed to walk around Wizard City a little unfair has gone on here just because I have decided to "rent" the game and in the end probably paid more then the person who buys the areas.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Membership is so much better. It gives access to all the game has to offer. Though yea, it does probably cost more. Not with monthly though! Crowns I only use for buying stuff. Like, an example. My friend needs urgent help and I use crowns but I can't get to the area. My friend gets so mad that I didn't have crowns at the time that he deletes me. Membership, always ends with a big fat