Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter it should be gone.

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
so what your saying is it would be logical for a wizard calss to get a spell that in effect is better for other wozards and makes pvp more dangerours for them..

just because myth can remove shields does not mean they should get this spell, logic is wrong here.

That's not what I'm saying at all. One of the primary ways to negate a Myth is to spam Myth shields. They have double attacks, so multiple shields are necessary. This is the perfect spell for them and it assists your teammates since it leaves their traps (unlike Earthquake). I don't get your argument about Shatter at all. A better arguement would be against Pierce, since Myth already has the tools to defeat single Myth shields, making Pierce less useful to a Myth, but better for other schools. Shatter is the perfect spell for both Myth and Balance.

sparklebottom wrote:
ice stuns and so does fire, why do they get other spells. my point.

wizards should not get a spell the exploits them.

And storm stuns too. I'm not sure what the stun comment has to do with this discussion. You were talking about removing Shatter from Myth's arsenal, not the prevalance of duplicate spells among schools. Are we now talking about giving Shatter to additional schools? Yes, multiple schools can do multiple "specialities." If another school gains the ability to remove shields, I wouldn't be surprised. Still doesn't change the fact that Myth already does this specialty.

sparklebottom wrote:
since everyone one else wants shatter keep but most myths i think it is far to remove it from myth and get them a spell the will aid them and not make them dead with one hit from a diffrent wizard.

I honestly don't think your speaking for the Myth community. I'm sure there are far more Myth players that want this spell, than want to get rid of it. You may not like, nor need it, but why ask KI to remove it? Simply don't use it and go use training points in another school that has something you like. What if I didn't like Humongofrog? Should I ask KI to remove one of Myth's only AoEs? By all means, suggest new spells that you want to be implemented in the game, but let's all try to limit the amount of nerfs we ask KI to conduct daily.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
sparklebottom wrote:
kingurz wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
CorbinW wrote:
Darth, I tried giving an explanation for shatter but Sparkle can't seem to distinguish traps from shatter. Until he can see the different uses for shatter, there isn't much that can be done to convince him otherwise, that he should appreciate shatter and take advantage of its benefits...

it is funny you aid this because it shows you did not read what I said lol.

I said it leaves traps, never did i say it removes them.
I said wizards with more traps can use this spell better than myth.
the advatage of having a spell that is better for other wizards is insane.
the point of the game is to have spells that are better for your wizard.

you need to read what people are saying before you make such rude remarks.

thanks

Just because Myth doesn't take advantage of traps as much as other classes hardly classifies the spell as useless. Wizard101 is still an MMO designed to encourage people to group up and take advantages of school strengths and overcome school weaknesses.

Myth is a shield removing class (Shatter, Earthquake, Pierce), plain and simple. Myth is simply the most logical school to receive such a spell.

so what your saying is it would be logical for a wizard calss to get a spell that in effect is better for other wozards and makes pvp more dangerours for them..

just because myth can remove shields does not mean they should get this spell, logic is wrong here.

since everyone one else wants shatter keep but most myths i think it is far to remove it from myth and get them a spell the will aid them and not make them dead with one hit from a diffrent wizard.

in my option this game has growing pains and we can all say that.

storm has gone threw it fair share of pain, myth has too with stun.

stun now so much more hard to use, when you stun for one round you leave a sheild that stun blocks for 2.

fact.
myth has 2nd to the weakest damage.
myth has second to the lowest health more of a reason to get rid of shatter.
myth has lowest pip chance in game, making double spell attacks harder than other schools.

myth has 2nd higest defense by 2 percent so if we take that math 100 is 2 point of life from damage. so if a player hit for a thousand points that leave you with 20 extra life points does not come close to the 164 the next closet wizards has.

so again, this is not a ramdon thougt, this is a fact this spell is better for all other wizards that use it. more than myth. why would myth want a spell like that.
Shatter does NOT ruin or drag down Myth in any way when used correctly! If anything, this spell actually foils the opponent's defense so that there's a guarantee that next turn you can get that minotaur or orthrus in without fear of a double shield that would certainly render the spell quite a bit weaker than preffered. There is the classic Double-Trap (prefferably feint) strategy for those 2-hit spells that some Myth PVP'ers use along with shatter the following round. Of course, it is inconvenient spending all that time trapping and then a Shatter, I am aware; this is where i agree that Myth should have a double trap, similar to the Fuel spell for Fire. But in the end, it's worth-while if you plan your strategy accordingly. If Death or any other school were to naturally gain this spell within their school, it would be as overpowered as giving Storm or Life a Damage Over Time, which is currently non-existent (storm hound and storm elf are only given by a pet, in a single quantity as far as I am aware, so that is an exception). Simply because it is more useful to other schools DOES NOT mean they should have it automatically as a natural spell to them.

Myth has the second lowest attack? You could be right. But Myth is a special school that incorporates double hits and stuns, which can more than make up for its loss of damage.

Myth has the second lowest health? It MAY be true, but it is still comparable to Fire. Low health is no reason to get rid of shatter. If you shield correctly, it shouldn't be a problem, as with the Storm/Fire/Myth Warlords out there.

Myth with the lowest pip chance? This statement is variable from true and false. Each and every character, no matter whatever school, has the same base pip percentage of 40% by Legendary, if not earlier. There are only three schools in Ravenwood with bonus pip percentage with their school-specific clothing: Death, Balance, and Life. Anyone can get better pip percentage with rings, athames, pets, and crowns gear, therefore anyone's pip chance can vary.

I'm assuming you're talking about Waterworks gear. If so, then look at the Waterworks gear for other schools. The range of global resist isn't that far, from 26% to 34%, which is an 8% difference. Only a few percent can be a big chunk of that range. Where did you get 164 from? From what I can tell, something's gone wrong in your math.

This is not a random thought, but it is far from fact; ironically, it is OPINION. Just because you see no use for it does not mean others feel the same. The title should say "I think Shatter should be Gone."

Just my 2 cents

Alex
Legendary Conjurer
Soon-to-be PVP Warlord

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Shatter does what Earthquake does; except without the damage. This means you can conserve some pips, and your blades. Plus, traps do not get taken with Shatter. If anything, Shatter adds some more strategy to the playing field. If you dislike Shatter, then you can remove it from your deck at any time and pretend it doesn't exist. Use Earthquake; you'll just have to be careful with blades any any traps that your team mates placed on the enemies.

If there's only one enemy, there's no reason to waste 6 pips on an AoE just to remove all their shields. If your looking to diminish their blades, then you can consider the risk. But if your an avid PvPer, or a fan of strategy, then Shatter is one of the best maneuvers for efficiency. Consider the risks.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
kingurz wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:

That's not what I'm saying at all. One of the primary ways to negate a Myth is to spam Myth shields. They have double attacks, so multiple shields are necessary. This is the perfect spell for them and it assists your teammates since it leaves their traps (unlike Earthquake). I don't get your argument about Shatter at all. A better arguement would be against Pierce, since Myth already has the tools to defeat single Myth shields, making Pierce less useful to a Myth, but better for other schools. Shatter is the perfect spell for both Myth and Balance.

sparklebottom wrote:

And storm stuns too. I'm not sure what the stun comment has to do with this discussion. You were talking about removing Shatter from Myth's arsenal, not the prevalance of duplicate spells among schools. Are we now talking about giving Shatter to additional schools? Yes, multiple schools can do multiple "specialities." If another school gains the ability to remove shields, I wouldn't be surprised. Still doesn't change the fact that Myth already does this specialty.

sparklebottom wrote:

I honestly don't think your speaking for the Myth community. I'm sure there are far more Myth players that want this spell, than want to get rid of it. You may not like, nor need it, but why ask KI to remove it? Simply don't use it and go use training points in another school that has something you like. What if I didn't like Humongofrog? Should I ask KI to remove one of Myth's only AoEs? By all means, suggest new spells that you want to be implemented in the game, but let's all try to limit the amount of nerfs we ask KI to conduct daily.

for the record you do not use traning points for this spell when your myth, you are so far off from what I'm say it is clear you do not understand.

go ahead ask them to remove what ever you want, it is free speach.

I'm asking as a myth to have it become at least a none pvp treasure card.

the use is less effective for a myth than other schools it give them a advantage, having a spell from your school that makes you more weak is bad.

I think myth would better recive a double trap vs shatter.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Jude370 wrote:
Shatter does what Earthquake does; except without the damage. This means you can conserve some pips, and your blades. Plus, traps do not get taken with Shatter. If anything, Shatter adds some more strategy to the playing field. If you dislike Shatter, then you can remove it from your deck at any time and pretend it doesn't exist. Use Earthquake; you'll just have to be careful with blades any any traps that your team mates placed on the enemies.

If there's only one enemy, there's no reason to waste 6 pips on an AoE just to remove all their shields. If your looking to diminish their blades, then you can consider the risk. But if your an avid PvPer, or a fan of strategy, then Shatter is one of the best maneuvers for efficiency. Consider the risks.

in the basic though you are right but, when in PVP other schools get bigger benfits form this spell. they have more trap options. with shatter then can kill a myth with 2nd to lowest health point in one hit.

so you think it is fair that myth makes a spell that in effect is the ultimate weapon against them.

the befits for myth are not here. Myth can not kill with one hit easy.
they have 1 weak trap and one blade most wizards can surive a myth spell attack. even when bladed and traped.

Shatter is one of the best moves for other schools. it would be great for myth if it was a myth only spell.

listen it is very simple. this spell weakens myth more than adding strength in pvp when anyone can use it.

you might say it is the same for any spell we know that is not true.

one shatter does not use any myth damage boost or anything it is the same for each school. most wizards use myth and life amulets in PVP.
they use earth and shatter, at the same lvl as a myth.

if myth used a schools strong spell from other schools like storms attack. they do not get the boost or the accuracy boost.
same with fire. they could use smoke but that is not nearly effective as shatter lets face it. nothing else is.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
Jude370 wrote:

in the basic though you are right but, when in PVP other schools get bigger benfits form this spell. they have more trap options. with shatter then can kill a myth with 2nd to lowest health point in one hit.

so you think it is fair that myth makes a spell that in effect is the ultimate weapon against them.

the befits for myth are not here. Myth can not kill with one hit easy.
they have 1 weak trap and one blade most wizards can surive a myth spell attack. even when bladed and traped.

Woah? 1 blade and 1 weak trap? See, this is where your knowledge is seriously lacking.

Myth can have: +35% myth Blade, +40% Equipment myth Blade, +40% myth tc blade, +35% spiritual blades, +40% tc spiritual blades, not to mention equipment spiritual blades, or tc dark pact blades or tc balance blades.

Then there is 70% feints, tc feints, amulet feints, pet feints, not even mentioning 35% myth traps, 30% myth traps, normal 25% myth traps. And any curse or hex treasure cards.

One shatter to take out any and all shields and Medusa with gargantuan can take out any school, even ICE.

Shatter is one of the best moves for other schools. it would be great for myth if it was a myth only spell.

listen it is very simple. this spell weakens myth more than adding strength in pvp when anyone can use it.

In your opinion it does, which your opinion is wrong. Just because you do not use myth properly, does not mean everyone does.

you might say it is the same for any spell we know that is not true.

one shatter does not use any myth damage boost or anything it is the same for each school. most wizards use myth and life amulets in PVP.
they use earth and shatter, at the same lvl as a myth.

As others use Satyr at the same level as life. You have not made a single point yet that has been justified.

if myth used a schools strong spell from other schools like storms attack. they do not get the boost or the accuracy boost.
same with fire. they could use smoke but that is not nearly effective as shatter lets face it. nothing else is.

Satyr is not effective at healing? Pierce is not effective at removing shields? Steal ward is not effective at stealing shields? Doom & gloom is not effective at preventing healing?

What are you saying? Please clarify

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
for the record you do not use traning points for this spell when your myth, you are so far off from what I'm say it is clear you do not understand.

I know that. I have a level 70 Myth. Please reread my post. Especially the part where I say, "Simply don't use it and go use training points in another school that has something you like." In other words, you have to use training points to use spells in another school, since it wouldn't make any sense for me to say to go train in free Myth spells and you probably already have most of them anyways.

sparklebottom wrote:

Again, this doesn't make sense. If your post was about how Shatter is overpowered or harmful for PvP your bottom line might have merit. However, your entire post is about how useless the spell is (especially for Myth), so the logical advice is to not use it. If it is only harmful to you, don't use it!!!!!!! And if you want something instead of Shatter, see paragraph one above about spending training points in another school or ask KI to create a new XX level spell for Myth. No reason at all to have the spell removed from PvP or the game in general.

sparklebottom wrote:
The use is less effective for a myth than other schools it give them a advantage, having a spell from your school that makes you more weak is bad.

Okay, what if the next spell Myth receives is a double trap spell? Is Shatter less effective for Myth then? Why don't you ask KI for more types of Myth traps? Again, if you don't use Shatter.....it won't make you weak (but for the rest of us Myth folk, it's a different story).

sparklebottom wrote:

Out of all your posts, this is the one thing I partially agree with. Should a double trap spell be given to Myth? Yes. Should Shatter be replaced with it? No. Why not ask KI for the double trap spell and remove Shatter from your own personal deck?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
kingurz wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:

I know that. I have a level 70 Myth. Please reread my post. Especially the part where I say, "Simply don't use it and go use training points in another school that has something you like." In other words, you have to use training points to use spells in another school, since it wouldn't make any sense for me to say to go train in free Myth spells and you probably already have most of them anyways.

this is a free spell and does not use points. you have lost me here.
I do not get your point, you do not get a extra training point if you do not train in it. other schools can not train in it. it is a treasure for them and overpowered by other wizard schools and take myth advantages away. puts them in a more effective wizard.

School:
Pip Cost: 3

Accuracy: 100%

Type:

Text: Removes all positive from enemy

Received From:Thief of Spells

Training Points CANNOT purchase this spell

Requirements:
Level 35
Spells:

None
Prerequisite for:
Spells:

File:(Spell Animation) Shatter.gif
Shatter Spell Animation

sparklebottom wrote:

Again, this doesn't make sense. If your post was about how Shatter is overpowered or harmful for PvP your bottom line might have merit. However, your entire post is about how useless the spell is (especially for Myth), so the logical advice is to not use it. If it is only harmful to you, don't use it!!!!!!! And if you want something instead of Shatter, see paragraph one above about spending training points in another school or ask KI to create a new XX level spell for Myth. No reason at all to have the spell removed from PvP or the game in general.

that is my point it is OVER POWERD. the other stuff was just think. from the very start of myth thread is it is over powered.

the other part of it begin harmful to me if i use it, really come on. How did you make that up.

the trainning point statment shows you do not understand this thread and spell, myth gets this spell free. other wizards use treasure cards. how did you get training points for this spell?

sparklebottom wrote:
The use is less effective for a myth than other schools it give them a advantage, having a spell from your school that makes you more weak is bad.

Okay, what if the next spell Myth receives is a double trap spell? Is Shatter less effective for Myth then? Why don't you ask KI for more types of Myth traps? Again, if you don't use Shatter.....it won't make you weak (but for the rest of us Myth folk, it's a different story).

shatter would be more effective for myth with a double trap really your asking , I though it was clear, since myth did not befit as other schools did because of the low traps. but I still think the spell is OVERPOWRED.
when used by other wizard schools.

sparklebottom wrote:

Out of all your posts, this is the one thing I partially agree with. Should a double trap spell be given to Myth? Yes. Should Shatter be replaced with it? No. Why not ask KI for the double trap spell and remove Shatter from your own personal deck?

I do not want special treament tha is unfair. I'm asking to make the game more fair.