Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter it should be gone.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Listen I'm a lvl 70 myth been playing myth for 4 years.

the shatter spell is not a good spell for myth.
it hurts us more than helps us.
1 myth does not have many traps in the first place, we have one.
2 the only time to use it is if someone else has traped aka balance death. someone with traps. not myth.
3. it has unballance the game in pvp for other schools.
4 myth has the second lowest health points in game it is dangerous for us to feint.
5 we have a weak trap 25 really that stinks.
6 we have low damage spells we have to work hard to do damage.
7 we already break sheilds with double attack and earth.

it seems KI is turning my into a suport wizard for other schools, if they want to know why the are the rarest wizard it is because who wants to be the side kick. myth was great before. not so much now make me sad as I have worked so hard to make him great.

please KI give myth a spell that hits and does something else besides stun.
fire storm ice they stun and do so much more.
fire can hit and heal not myth.
we have weak blades.
everyone cries about stun so you changed it.
earth removes shields and blades, everyone hates that because they can not kill you with one hit.
myth needs some love.
first remove shatter.
give us a weakness of a Aoe that heals us. we need something diffrent a new trick.

also please do not give us a minion like talos, I know lots of people love it.
but he is slow and does not heal or shield. that leaves us out in the open as we work hard to shield him. with myths low life a easy kill.

give us a remove stuns block not one at a time but all if we are only going to get stun.

but no more shatter, some spells only the school should get.
like earth I see wizards not wanting to be myth but want shatter, the same for life. I bet life and myth are the second schools of choice. that said think about it. fire life and storm really stand out in power and defense, but not the other schools.

please make a change here.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Wow. That's new. You're probably the first Conjurer to complain about this one. Now down to business. Last I checked, Shatter removes all shields only. Not Traps. Myth doesn't really have to be a "sidekick", when you have spells like Medusa and Basilisk. Stuns and Henchman are Myths specialty, that's why you get it so much more then the other schools. Also, the community was not complaining about simple Stuns, it was Chain Stunning, an exploit abused by many Conjurers, that was changed. If Myth isn't your favorite school anymore, try making another school, like an Ice or a Fire, or even a Storm, but the health decrease would be a culture "shock" lol.

In my opinion, Shatter should remain, and they should just give Myth an AoE for their Rank 10 spell. Maybe 750 to and 20% Weakness to all enemies?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1 thing you should know, Myth Trap and Myth Blade was the same since 2008, I don't know why you want to decide to change it now. Also, Shatter was out for what, around a year now? These spells have been okay since they were out, and if you don't like Myth, then it's because you're not for Myth.

When you said that Fire, Life and Storm really stand out in front of the other schools, I seriously don't get how. If Storm stood out, why would they complain about a DoT? If Fire stood out, why would they complain about Ice's resist?(This would also pair up with Storm). And now for Life, they don't want another heal because all they want is power, so why would they argue with getting a heal soon or not?

Every school has its pros and cons now and then, and if you think that Myth is weak, try the Basilisk.

1 other thing, is this post about Shatter being overpowered or about Myth being too weak?

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Shatter should be gone, couldn't agree more. Completely undermines the tempo-based aspect of a skilled pvp match and turns it over to 'who has the better sideboard.'

Terrible plague on a fragile pvp system.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
Listen I'm a lvl 70 myth been playing myth for 4 years.

the shatter spell is not a good spell for myth.
it hurts us more than helps us

Shatter exposes your opponent, leaving them open for a heavy strike. If not, if they continue to frantically shield, they can only place one per turn and are still vulnerable to Orthrus and Minotaur. For those stuck moments where your opponents shield faster than you can break, Shatter is your key inside. How can this hurt us?

1 myth does not have many traps in the first place, we have one.
2 the only time to use it is if someone else has traped aka balance death. someone with traps. not myth.

I am assuming you mean using shatter to help a friend who traps, right?
That's just another positive use for myth's shatter in any style of play.

3. it has unbalanced the game in pvp for other schools.
No way. Balance can sneak through defenses in a variety of ways using a variety of elements. And Balance and life and others have made use of Shatter to expose me when they needed it most. Shatter has become another staple treasure needed for crafty players.

4 myth has the second lowest health points in game it is dangerous for us to feint.

I kind of agree with this since fires health stats are now passing by myth, which I've seen frequently, but what does this have to do with shatter?

5 we have a weak trap 25 really that stinks.
What does this have to do with shatter, as well?

6 we have low damage spells we have to work hard to do damage.

Yes we do have to work hard to do big damage because of our awkward yet strategic set up. But this is why shatter is around. it is cleaner than earthquake and preserves your traps for your big medusa or ninja pig strike.

7 we already break sheilds with double attack and earth.

But shatter can help you if you cant find attacks fast enough to break your enemies shields before they close you out. And it is cleaner than earthquake as it will preserve all your traps.

Shatter makes Myth look even better than it is.

The only thing I do agree with is your call for a different effect other than stuns. Ever since the whole chain stunning issue, it has become increasingly easier to block our stuns. Earth has its uses, but those are limited and force you to either take your fight in a different direction defensively, or forces you to rebuild your infections dispels, etc if you had no choice but to earth early. So yes, we could use a spell that either debuffs damage or something, because as the game progresses and everyone else finds their way in, it becomes trickier for myth to defend well. But that's another topic. You've been playing myth longer than I have. But this whole negative thing on Shatter, it is just not correct.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
Seriously lol.

Shatter is a great spell and how does it even hurt you that bit I don't get.

Secondly i dont think you even know what shatter does lol.

In other words I DISAGREE!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Robertd3200 wrote:
Seriously lol.

Shatter is a great spell and how does it even hurt you that bit I don't get.

Secondly i dont think you even know what shatter does lol.

In other words I DISAGREE!

your funny Robert I bet your not even myth, you missed all my points to as why myth and this spell does not mix.
myth has one trap
myth would have been better off with a double trap like fuel but 2 only.

we already have good shield removing tools, shatter is more for a wizard that has lots of traps and myth does not.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Actually, Shatter can be a beneficial move if you are looking for an excellent 1v1 myth strategy.

By shielding and blading against your foe up to 6-7 power pips, you actually will be granted four options:

-If the opponent does nothing to hinder you, go straight to Basilisk and back it with traps and minotaurs.

-If the opponent uses weakness on you, ward it off with a wand or something then proceed to wrecking your opponent with basilisk or medusa.

-If the Opponent Shields, use that shatter you are complaining about to wipe out the shields, then follow with a Basilisk or Medusa.

-If the opponent uses weaknesses AND shields, bring out an earthquake then follow up with orthrus or medusa.

If anything, shatter can prove to be useful in a strategy as shown above, yet no myth wizard (at least none i have encountered) really considers building with it (that doesn't make it a bad spell.)

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Robertd3200 wrote:
What does shatter have to do with traps?

what it does is show that it is not a true myth spell. myth does not have a effective way of using it. shatter makes school like death with feint and 3 other types of traps a more effective spell. this is where it make myth weak. if KI is going to make spell like this then it needs to be only used by the main school.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
Robertd3200 wrote:

what it does is show that it is not a true myth spell. myth does not have a effective way of using it. shatter makes school like death with feint and 3 other types of traps a more effective spell. this is where it make myth weak. if KI is going to make spell like this then it needs to be only used by the main school.
Shatter does not remove traps. Card description says it only removes positive Wards (aka Shields). I've cast it as a Treasure Card myself. Not to be antagonistic, but my first guess would be your an Ice trying to remove Shatter, and disguising yourself as a Myth to do so. I don't really seriously think that, but other people might. It is an odd request after all.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
Robertd3200 wrote:

Shatter does not remove traps. Card description says it only removes positive Wards (aka Shields). I've cast it as a Treasure Card myself. Not to be antagonistic, but my first guess would be your an Ice trying to remove Shatter, and disguising yourself as a Myth to do so. I don't really seriously think that, but other people might. It is an odd request after all.

Far from a ice my only lvl 70 wizard is myth, spent over 4 years working on him I like myth amd all the other wizards up to lvl 50 after that it got weird and unballanced, I do think shatter should be gone or removed from treasure. it is not the nest spell for myth as i had stated myth only has one trap. most people do not shield myth as the biggest real hit is medusa. it does 770 and stuns for 2 rounds, the problem with this stun is when you hit again it only removes one block. it should do 2 to be fair.
basilisk Deal 325 + 825 and Stun. it is over 3 rounds easy to triage without taking much damage. also this spell only hit one person most people block stun or have been hit by one from a myth so stun is useless the second time.

look at spell likerain of fire Deal 300 and 800 50 less points than myths single attack and can hit everyone, kinda shows how weak myth really is.
fire can stun, -40 smoke screen, efreet Deal 895 and -90% to next this is more powerfully than medusa for one it is easy for a fire to stun you while you need to take off the -90 lucky if you get a wand or use a treasure.
look at ice woolly mammoth Deal 800 to 900, Stun for one round. does more damage than medusa and still stun. lets no mention how high of life ice has and how high it defense is not to mention their blase pack a +40 vs myths +35 the big diffrence is ice can take the blows to blade up while myth can not.

ortrus Deal 50 and 730 is king of double attack, but who is going to spend 2 rounds to add a plus 25 trap? that is a give away and most people carry myth dispel not to stop strong attacks but so they can keep their shields and blades.

so I ask again why is shatter a good myth spell? it is not.

it is a awesome spell if your death, i could not think of a better spell.
it is better for all the schools over myth.

why i aske to remove it simple why give a school a spell that makes them weaker with little to no atvantage.

myth would love a spell like fuel, give 3 traps at one pip only
this would make it hard for you oppoint to defende, but one trap at a time no way.

shatter in other wizards hands makes myth a more exposed to single hit deaths than before. that is why i think it should go.

I'm ready to retire from a game i love. it is becoming very unballanced. someone needs to lay out all the spells and decided what spells can be treasure. but as a myth i would rather not have shatter at all but a more usefully spell like a hit and heal, or a block weakness. something new.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Robertd3200 wrote:

it is called building a attack, if you can trap someone then shatter the spell that reoves shields but not traps works. lol.

myth would be better with a double trap over shatter.

shatter is better for other schools. not so much myth as myth has double attacks.

you need to think about how spells work with each other.

if I had a death I would think shatter was the greatest spell ever.

you have 3 types of traps on death you shatter and hit with frankie the other person dead.

myth does not have the power to do that. so do you understand?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Wow. That's new. You're probably the first Conjurer to complain about this one. Now down to business. Last I checked, Shatter removes all shields only. Not Traps. Myth doesn't really have to be a "sidekick", when you have spells like Medusa and Basilisk. Stuns and Henchman are Myths specialty, that's why you get it so much more then the other schools. Also, the community was not complaining about simple Stuns, it was Chain Stunning, an exploit abused by many Conjurers, that was changed. If Myth isn't your favorite school anymore, try making another school, like an Ice or a Fire, or even a Storm, but the health decrease would be a culture "shock" lol.

In my opinion, Shatter should remain, and they should just give Myth an AoE for their Rank 10 spell. Maybe 750 to and 20% Weakness to all enemies?

you did not read what I said, the reason for not liking shatter is not because it leaves traps lol. but becasue schools that have great traps like death can trap you shatter and kill you with one hit same with balance. shatter is not a spell myth wizards even use that much. the reason are clear we have few trap like 1 and it is plus 25 and takes 2 rounds to get setup for a double attack. at this point it is clear and easy to defend. taking away what made myth great. our double attacks are faster than shatter at getting strong hits it takes only 2 pips more to attack..

also I do have other wizards so i know what their stats are. fact myth has the lowest power pip chance in game 2nd to lowest life. near obttom boost on damage. we do get a fair amout of accuracy but not like storm who start low but when get the right gear they are just as good.

I will make a chart so you can understand.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
classact21 wrote:
Shatter should be gone, couldn't agree more. Completely undermines the tempo-based aspect of a skilled pvp match and turns it over to 'who has the better sideboard.'

Terrible plague on a fragile pvp system.

so glad you see this, it really does it makes schools with traps like death into a killing one hit wizard I'm surprised more deaths are not using it. same with balance.

shatter should be removed so a usefully spell for myth can replace it. like a double trap, or something new like block weakness or plauge. something new.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Robertd3200 wrote:

it has everything to do with traps, shatter leaves them that is the point of shatter.

so wizards with traps like death and blance can kill you with one hit.

shatter is great for killing.

if myth had traps not one at a time but something like fuel than shatter would be a better myth spell but even stil it is better for other wizards over myth. making it a bad spell coming from the myth school. it is like we made a spell to hurts us over helping us.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
Robertd3200 wrote:

Far from a ice my only lvl 70 wizard is myth, spent over 4 years working on him I like myth amd all the other wizards up to lvl 50 after that it got weird and unballanced, I do think shatter should be gone or removed from treasure. it is not the nest spell for myth as i had stated myth only has one trap. most people do not shield myth as the biggest real hit is medusa. it does 770 and stuns for 2 rounds, the problem with this stun is when you hit again it only removes one block. it should do 2 to be fair.
basilisk Deal 325 + 825 and Stun. it is over 3 rounds easy to triage without taking much damage. also this spell only hit one person most people block stun or have been hit by one from a myth so stun is useless the second time.

look at spell likerain of fire Deal 300 and 800 50 less points than myths single attack and can hit everyone, kinda shows how weak myth really is.
fire can stun, -40 smoke screen, efreet Deal 895 and -90% to next this is more powerfully than medusa for one it is easy for a fire to stun you while you need to take off the -90 lucky if you get a wand or use a treasure.
look at ice woolly mammoth Deal 800 to 900, Stun for one round. does more damage than medusa and still stun. lets no mention how high of life ice has and how high it defense is not to mention their blase pack a +40 vs myths +35 the big diffrence is ice can take the blows to blade up while myth can not.

ortrus Deal 50 and 730 is king of double attack, but who is going to spend 2 rounds to add a plus 25 trap? that is a give away and most people carry myth dispel not to stop strong attacks but so they can keep their shields and blades.

why i aske to remove it simple why give a school a spell that makes them weaker with little to no atvantage.

this would make it hard for you oppoint to defende, but one trap at a time no way.

shatter in other wizards hands makes myth a more exposed to single hit deaths than before. that is why i think it should go.

I'm ready to retire from a game i love. it is becoming very unballanced. someone needs to lay out all the spells and decided what spells can be treasure. but as a myth i would rather not have shatter at all but a more usefully spell like a hit and heal, or a block weakness. something new.

Most people do shield, actually. If you don't think so you must be very, very lucky. I won't object to a Fuel type of blade, but I also don't think Shatter should be removed. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Problem solved.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
Robertd3200 wrote:

This is about the only thing in your post I agree with. If Medusa is used, it should remove 2 stun blocks, 1 for each round. If 2 stun blocks are not present, say only 1 stun block is present, it removes 1 stun block and then stuns for 1 round.

Now, time to set the records straight. Myth has so many options, it can use individual stuns, so, if stun shields are present, while building up, you can cast stun for 0 pips to remove those stun shields. Basilisk is not easy to Triage at all, especially since it stuns. You put a myth blade, treasure myth blade, spirit blade and treasure spirit blade with an infallible and colossal enchantment and your enemy is pretty much defeated, no matter whom you are facing.

Fire also does not have as good of resistance as myth does. Fire also does not have as good of accuracy as myth does.

Myth can stun an individual and stun all, while fire can only stun all. All spells have different effects, Myth is the only school with earthquake that removes all charms and wards. Myth also has pierce, cleanse ward, and shatter(which I will address shortly),

Myth has the second best global resistance, only behind Ice. Ice also only has a very low damage boost, unlike Myth who is at 65% with pain giver on pet. Myth can also remove all those blades Ice needs to deal a strong attack with an earthquake, while Ice cannot. What good is a +40% blade if they never get to use it?

Myth traps are optional for every user, some like them, while others do not. There are also treasure traps of 30% and 35%. While most of the time, a myth blade, treasure myth blade, spirit blades and treasure spirit blades with tc infallible and colossal enchantment is enough to take anyone out.

Here is where you are totally wrong. No offense, but just because you did not get feint for your myth, most people do get feint. My myth loves his feint card. And while I am building up all my blades, if I see one too many myth shields up, shatter is such a wonderful friend, especially if I am second. Why you ask? Because even if they shield once, Orthrus will pound my enemy. Also, when using feints, you can use 2, making that attack even more devastating, especially on ice. Can ice do that? Nope, they get steal ward, which they dont always take the correct shield.

But the spell belongs to myth. Myth is the school with pierce and earthquake, not death. I love my myth and I love that it has shatter.

Shatter by no means makes myth weaker, it actually makes myth stronger! It adds a whole new dimension and aspect to myth that makes all schools wonder what myth will do next.

I agree with this, myth could use a trap like fuel or even a dual convert. The game is not over, more spells and booster spells will come out.

Oh, so your not against myth having shatter, you are against the shatter spell altogether because it removes all your shields and not traps. It is something you need to think about and strategize for. Same as all the other schools do when they face your myth.

The game is not very unbalanced and trust me, myth has nothing to complain about. Other schools have a lot more to complain about than myth does and have gotten worse spells than shatter, so consider yourself lucky. Just prepare and be ready for anyone to use the spell, because it is a great spell.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Darth, I tried giving an explanation for shatter but Sparkle can't seem to distinguish traps from shatter. Until he can see the different uses for shatter, there isn't much that can be done to convince him otherwise, that he should appreciate shatter and take advantage of its benefits...

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Darth, I tried giving an explanation for shatter but Sparkle can't seem to distinguish traps from shatter. Until he can see the different uses for shatter, there isn't much that can be done to convince him otherwise, that he should appreciate shatter and take advantage of its benefits...

Nice, I think your not reading.

you missed my point and your not getting it, lol

then you would not mind if shatter was myth only. the advantavges of shatter for other schools it bigger than it is for myth end of story.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
Robertd3200 wrote:

you really did not read what I posted before you said this, for one I never said shatter removed traps, ever. what I said was shatter removes shields and leaves traps. so get that straigth. with that said if you understand. shatter is best for wizards with lots of traps. they will have the best use of this spell. please read this before you say something i did not.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
CorbinW wrote:

it is funny you aid this because it shows you did not read what I said lol.

I said it leaves traps, never did i say it removes them.
I said wizards with more traps can use this spell better than myth.
the advatage of having a spell that is better for other wizards is insane.
the point of the game is to have spells that are better for your wizard.

you need to read what people are saying before you make such rude remarks.

thanks

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

thanks

Just because Myth doesn't take advantage of traps as much as other classes hardly classifies the spell as useless. Wizard101 is still an MMO designed to encourage people to group up and take advantages of school strengths and overcome school weaknesses.

Myth is a shield removing class (Shatter, Earthquake, Pierce), plain and simple. Myth is simply the most logical school to receive such a spell.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Nice, I think your not reading.

you missed my point and your not getting it, lol

then you would not mind if shatter was myth only. the advantavges of shatter for other schools it bigger than it is for myth end of story.

Imagine if other spells were also classified as school only spells then, such as feint, satyr, triage, weakness, tower shield, and the list goes on and on.

Do you see where I am going with this?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
kingurz wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

thanks

Just because Myth doesn't take advantage of traps as much as other classes hardly classifies the spell as useless. Wizard101 is still an MMO designed to encourage people to group up and take advantages of school strengths and overcome school weaknesses.

Myth is a shield removing class (Shatter, Earthquake, Pierce), plain and simple. Myth is simply the most logical school to receive such a spell.

so what your saying is it would be logical for a wizard calss to get a spell that in effect is better for other wozards and makes pvp more dangerours for them..

just because myth can remove shields does not mean they should get this spell, logic is wrong here.

ice stuns and so does fire, why do they get other spells. my point.

wizards should not get a spell the exploits them.

since everyone one else wants shatter keep but most myths i think it is far to remove it from myth and get them a spell the will aid them and not make them dead with one hit from a diffrent wizard.

in my option this game has growing pains and we can all say that.

storm has gone threw it fair share of pain, myth has too with stun.

stun now so much more hard to use, when you stun for one round you leave a sheild that stun blocks for 2.

fact.
myth has 2nd to the weakest damage.
myth has second to the lowest health more of a reason to get rid of shatter.
myth has lowest pip chance in game, making double spell attacks harder than other schools.

myth has 2nd higest defense by 2 percent so if we take that math 100 is 2 point of life from damage. so if a player hit for a thousand points that leave you with 20 extra life points does not come close to the 164 the next closet wizards has.

so again, this is not a ramdon though, this is a fact this spell is better for all other wizards that use it. more than myth. why would myth want a spell like that.