Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfairness to Storm.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
zebulous wrote:
The other schools are catching up to storm damage wise, because storm is the damage cap. They won't raise storms base damage because it is at the top of the scale. If they give storm pierce then it is just like raising the base damage. Yes I know that if the target has no resistance to storm then pierce does nothing, but if it has no resistance, then it is probably dead!
Can't give storm high crit either, that is almost like increasing base damage, well some of the time anyway.

Because of storms' awesome base damage(which is so high that it cannot be raised further) storm has the lowest life and accuracy. A storm wizard's life must be noticeably lower than a fire wizard's, or a death wizard's for that matter...
Storm can't get more resistance because that is like raising their life total, just ask an ice wizard. Storm can't be given more block because it almost raises their life total, well some of the time anyway.

So yes storm is stuck. KI can't raise storm's damage or life, crit or block, pierce or resistance, and can't raise storm's accuracy. Would you like more pet energy and mana?
You folks are bummed out because the company said that storm is so perfect it didn't need an upgrade. The other schools still aren't quite right, and are still being tinkered with, and this makes you jealous? Storm is perfect the way it is, it cannot be changed without breaking.
My storm wizard is quite a refreshing change from my necromancer.

I can understand where you are coming from. But hear me out. If other schools get high Critical rating and all these spells with high base damage (kill spells) and we have low block and low health then we'll die in the first hit from A: High rank bosses & B: PvP. So it is still unfair to Diviners that everyone else has such amazing Critical & Resist to their stats. High blocking we could at least have that I mean come on.
Other schools gear can have just as much Damage% as us. Have you seen the gear for people out there? Ice Wizard 50% global Resist? Plus it's the school with the highest health. Spells with DOT like Snow angel to knock out shields. All the schools in their own right have great damage potential. Storm is the only ones with great damage but nothing else. I think maybe that's why when I'm looking at this i'm thinking it's a matter of just that. I don't care about another high damage spell or high damage% gear. I just care about being fair and balance to other schools. ICE having 50% global resist and highest health plus high base damage spells isn't balanced. Storm having high damage and Low everything else and no other spells to help them with low everything else isn't balance man. I just can't agree to that. I'm sorry for nagging everyone and Ranting but these are my feelings and opinions. :(

Good things about Storm However is we rock and spark :P

Explorer
May 09, 2010
zebulous wrote:
The other schools are catching up to storm damage wise, because storm is the damage cap. They won't raise storms base damage because it is at the top of the scale. If they give storm pierce then it is just like raising the base damage. Yes I know that if the target has no resistance to storm then pierce does nothing, but if it has no resistance, then it is probably dead!
Can't give storm high crit either, that is almost like increasing base damage, well some of the time anyway.

Because of storms' awesome base damage(which is so high that it cannot be raised further) storm has the lowest life and accuracy. A storm wizard's life must be noticeably lower than a fire wizard's, or a death wizard's for that matter...
Storm can't get more resistance because that is like raising their life total, just ask an ice wizard. Storm can't be given more block because it almost raises their life total, well some of the time anyway.

So yes storm is stuck. KI can't raise storm's damage or life, crit or block, pierce or resistance, and can't raise storm's accuracy. Would you like more pet energy and mana?
You folks are bummed out because the company said that storm is so perfect it didn't need an upgrade. The other schools still aren't quite right, and are still being tinkered with, and this makes you jealous? Storm is perfect the way it is, it cannot be changed without breaking.
My storm wizard is quite a refreshing change from my necromancer.

So basically you are saying that its fine for the other schools to get a bit higher damage because we are the level cap, coz we are still at the top. But we cannot get increase in health or resistance bec. we(storm) are already perfect? You proving the unfairness here.