Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Well, Insane bolt is one of the worst spell Storm has ever gain.

First of all, does 1,000 moon damage... That really great, or not as everyone gains higher resistance the card does half of its damage....

2 pips so it can barely do 500 damage and risking myself to get kill if it backfires....?

This spell would have been more useful is it was 50% chance to either hit 1,000 moon damage to enemy or 1,000 moon damage to caster.

The Storm community have ask for improvements, we not seeing any yet...

I also agree to mark all Insane Bolt treasure cards as NO PvP, just like they did with Talos... Maybe that will stop low levels from exploit usage of Insane Bolt.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Daviato wrote:
Well, Insane bolt is one of the worst spell Storm has ever gain.

First of all, does 1,000 moon damage... That really great, or not as everyone gains higher resistance the card does half of its damage....

2 pips so it can barely do 500 damage and risking myself to get kill if it backfires....?

This spell would have been more useful is it was 50% chance to either hit 1,000 moon damage to enemy or 1,000 moon damage to caster.

The Storm community have ask for improvements, we not seeing any yet...

I also agree to mark all Insane Bolt treasure cards as NO PvP, just like they did with Talos... Maybe that will stop low levels from exploit usage of Insane Bolt.

The reason there have been no changes is because the spell is good at what it does. It is meant to be cast at a dire situation, not spammed like you want it to be. That's why they changed Wild Bolt. I like the 80-20 chance of 1000 or 10000 as is, because I use it as it was meant to be. As for the treasure cards, it's one of the few chances a low level has at beating a higher level, so why do we really have to crush them just because they are using a legitimate, reasonable part of the game?

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
It was made for drastic measures. But it was made backfire so high in case of spammers who rely solely on it.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Well, remember, insane bolt wasnt EVER meant being as spam-able as you are letting on, its a hail mary spell, a last resort, not some spell that you use every fight right out the gate. Also, insand bolt I am pretty sure acts WITH your boost, just like hydra, chimera, and spectral blast for balance. So it wont do 500, but more like around 900.

Though I agree to make it no-pvp.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Insane bolt is the lamest spell in the game. Think about it no skill in when to use it. totaly based on luck. if it was mad as a last resort then it should cost about 5 pips not 2. It seriosly needs to be removed from pvp.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FIREurBUNs wrote:
Insane bolt is the lamest spell in the game. Think about it no skill in when to use it. totaly based on luck. if it was mad as a last resort then it should cost about 5 pips not 2. It seriosly needs to be removed from pvp.

At 5 pips it wouldn't be a "last" resort spell anymore.

I don't think it needs to be removed from PvP either, considering the "spamming effect" is considerably diminished at level 55+. Should it be level capped at 55? Yes, I would agree with that.

Historian
May 01, 2010
FIREurBUNs wrote:

Not really, by last resort I mean: You are low on health, pips, and so is the enemy, but he is storm. The last card in hand is insane bolt, but you dont have 5 pips. Not much of a last resort your way, eh? Just level cap it is what I say.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
FIREurBUNs wrote:

Not really, by last resort I mean: You are low on health, pips, and so is the enemy, but he is storm. The last card in hand is insane bolt, but you dont have 5 pips. Not much of a last resort your way, eh? Just level cap it is what I say.
Right, the spell is fine the way it is. The problem develops in low level pvp where it is being spammed as a low pip primary attack, a level cap is in order. 80% sucess rate of a kill shot in the first round is to enticing and has gotten out of control. CAP IT PLZ

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
SantaIceBerg wrote: "It was made for drastic measures. But it was made backfire so high in case of spammers who rely solely on it."

No, KI made it so most PVP players would hate storm. After all, we have to have something to complain about now that Talos controlled.

No other spells than either bolt causes so much discontent in PVP.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Insane bolt, it shouldn't KO the castor. I mean, why not have them be hit by the same amount of damage it's suppose to cause? It's still a punishment when it happens. :/

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
SantaIceBurg wrote:
It was made for drastic measures. But it was made backfire so high in case of spammers who rely solely on it.

I agree some one was doing that and i got him as a revenge match and we were friends cause of pvp and he used it and it did 10000 on him and i didnt even have to attack. :D

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
note to kingurz: a char could use regular bolt for a last resort spell. i believe KI should actually take insane bolt out of game completely. bad idea from the begining. Unless they change it from 2 pips to 4 or more. It just makes for a lazy dueler. and if i might say very lame.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
you forgot about storms damage boost which applies some how to the moon damage. insane and gargantuan/colossal with a +90% boost will need about 50% resist to do the normal 1000 damage. also i wouldn't have a problem if there was a level cap of 55 or a no pvp thingy on the treasure card like talos.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Most I will agree on, is capping Insane bolt and Insane bolt only.

No way should either bolt ever be removed. People have done enough nerfing to storm.

To put it mildly, if you lose to storm, you should not be playing PvP. Storm is lucky and that is the only way storm can win, especially in a 1v1 scenario.

Low levels use this spell and that is why it should be capped, but as for wild bolt, storm shields give protection, it can do 10, 100, or 1000 damage... So, if you have a problem with these spells, I have a cookie for you.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I never even bothered questing Insane bolt. I am level 69 Storm now and still don't care for it.

I do not like how Talos is not allowed to be used in PvP. Why? Every other minion is allowed in PvP? Why is Myth singled out?

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I never even bothered questing Insane bolt. I am level 69 Storm now and still don't care for it.

I do not like how Talos is not allowed to be used in PvP. Why? Every other minion is allowed in PvP? Why is Myth singled out?

Low lvls use talos in pvp and it is unfair according to many opponents I am not for or against it because it can be cheap but there were ways to beat it, but more people were against it and they changed it to pve only.
Great news insane TC will no longer be allowed in pvp according to the newest update. Not yet, but in the test realm update section greyrose said that it would be put in to effect during the newest
update. Finally our wish has been granted!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Personally I don't know why everyone has such a problem with insane bolt. It is perfect as a last resort even though it mainly fails for me. Being a storm warlord I really do need a last resort. Since ice can have up to 60% resist to storm and fire why can't we have something to counter it?

I don't think the spell should be capped or removed from pvp, I do think that the treasures shouldn't exsist as it has ruined pvp at low lvls.

It is a useful and fair spell since it has cost me my rank several times, I don't think we should be punnished for using it.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
On some people, Insane is always working for their favor. I think I've gone up against 50-some insane bolts, and I've only defeated ONE. This is just my luck, and others have the same amount, and complain. I complain too, just more silently then most.
And, just as I figure out a strategy so I can use insane to MY advantage, they take it out of PvP. What luck.
Kane Drake
PvP Veteran, former Knight

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
On some people, Insane is always working for their favor. I think I've gone up against 50-some insane bolts, and I've only defeated ONE. This is just my luck, and others have the same amount, and complain. I complain too, just more silently then most.
And, just as I figure out a strategy so I can use insane to MY advantage, they take it out of PvP. What luck.
Kane Drake
PvP Veteran, former Knight

yay its gone now
i lost a small stradegy but now i dont lose to it anymore
thank you
note not sarcastic just a little dissapointed its gone but also relieved