Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Game Is Too Overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
This game is too overpowered!
People have over 200% chance of critical
People have 80% attack boost
People have 80% defense boost
People have 100% critical block
People have Rank 2 that do 1000 damage

Noobs have stuff it takes a level 50 days to get

Ravens Hoard is worst of it all:
Wands give 2 cards like blizzard,frostbite,etc.
and a high damage basic attack
and high critical ratings
and a power pip

And now level 30 can get critical!

Now it is like level 70 or 60 people who work their so much for critical and all this other stuff and not worth of their work since a noob can buy a pack and get critical

There is people who can buy a legend spell for 1000 gold

This game is just going to far with the gifts people get

And now people are going to go emperor and bragging that they have legend stuff where is friends are left in the dirt with basic stuff

So Is This Stuff Good Or Not To This Game?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
carlcarl99 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion, but please, get your facts straight before you make claims that are untrue.

You don't get a 200% chance of critical, you can get over 200 critical points, yes, but out of 550 critical points, that is around 40%, not 200%.

Yes, some get more attack boosts than others, while others get more resistance and health. Trade offs are a part of the game.

While I wont say it is impossible to get an 80% defense boost, that will not be to all schools, that will to be to 1 possible school. Universal Resistance at best can be around 60% global resistance. Which is very hard to achieve.

Again, the 100% critical block is not a percent, it is a point based system. So 100 points on a scale of 400 points, is 25% chance of critical block.

Only 2 possible spells can do that much damage, 1 is Insane Bolt, which can backfire and do 10k damage to the caster, while the other is Wild Bolt, which can also do 10 or 100 damage for 2 pips and can be shielded by storm shields.

While the new packs do offer a good variety of possible boosts, there is no lower level gear that is better than the higher level gear. Again, this is where trade off come in.

and a power pip

Depending on the level you are buying the packs, you get gear that is in accordance with that level. Nothing that is too overpowered.

Any level can have critical, always could, just use a vengeance treasure card.

Now it is like level 70 or 60 people who work their so much for critical and all this other stuff and not worth of their work since a noob can buy a pack and get critical

They barely get any critical points, if any. 10 or even 30 points on a scale of 550 is like a 1 or 2% chance to critical.

These spells cost more than 1000 gold, people get these spells while fighting in Zafaria, people have the right to sell them at the bazaar. While they might be sold, they still cost 7, 8, or 9 pips to use. That is a lot of pips for any lower level wizards.

And now people are going to go emperor and bragging that they have legend stuff where is friends are left in the dirt with basic stuff

It is a great money maker for KI, which allows them to keep making new material for our wizards, new worlds, new spells, etc.

While there are some things you may not like, others greatly appreciate the chance to get some of these things.

This sounds more like a PvP complaint more than anything else, as none of this could have any bearing on PvE.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
It's great. And people don't have 200% they have 200 critical, big difference... Plus, KI is trying to make money to make a new world so they want people to buy these packs because it's more money for them.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
a majority of the people with good treasures have legend and/or transcended. legend spells cost nearly 3000 gold if there is only 1 in the bazaar. if you even save enough pips to use it you will probably already be dead without the right strategy. there is a dissadvantage to having so much critical, block, resist and attack boost. yes the max resist is 100%, at what cost? One is no universal resist can never be that high KI just wouldnt allow it unless schools get so insanely power that it is needed. Another is that so high resist is just to one school. 100 critical block doesnt mean that you will block criticals 100% of the time. If you look on your characters statistics it says a percent 30 critical block rating is about 7% block rating if i remember right. the same applies to critical. storms high critical and damage is one reson their life is so low. imagine a storm with 4,000 health. and 40 resist. that would be overpowered. also remember hoard packs cost REAL money for a reason. the new wands are to give playes something new to look forward to in the packs. what are the odds a " noob" will get something that allows them to critical. so what if a lvl 30 cant critical what are the odds they will? 5% or less? and there is such a thing as a shield. remember real money will easily allow you to get good gear below lvl 50.

yes some people in game is overpowered. arent all people who have beaten a game that involves leveling up compared to the newer players?

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
First off it's not 100 PERCENT Critical rating or Block rating. Scroll over the numbers and it gives you the actual percentage. I believe for every 100 it's like 20-30 PERCENT you get in the stats. :) Second of all noobs ( which means beginning players or players who have been on for awhile but A: Have forgotten how to play via they haven't been on for awhile or have been to busy in real life to play or B: Someone who has been playing awhile but still only understands the basics of the game) may get treasure cards of legend spells but unless they have a mastery amulet they can't cast anything over 8 pip spell cards Such as Levy. So they get wands to help them out. So what. All of us once wish we got these kind of gifts when we were lower level or if you didn't wish it it's because you enjoy a hard filled game. So really everyone can choose which path they want to take with the game. And if any so called Wizard brags about having high rank whatever then we can still brag that our Gear still way out matches any lower leveled wizard. :) Want me to prove it let them go into a battle with me and I'll show them how to reach the Damage Cap. :D
Level 70 Trancended Diviner Jeffery LionCaller.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It is good for the game, very good indeed...
Envy will cause many to try and get rare items from the raven's hoard packs. Chance will prevent them from getting everything they want right away, so they will buy more.

If you PvP then you have to "keep up with the Joneses"

If you don't PvP then, you don't haaaaave to have the latest greatest stuff... However, the little goblin of envy will keep poking you until you do.

I mean, if you are past Triton Avenue, then you are already spending money on this game...
I admit, I used to have reservations about spending money on virtual possessions. I got over it. It's not difficult. Save your pocket change in a jar. Skip dessert, turn off your television before you go to sleep, turn off lights when you leave the room, skip a few social events. The money you save could go toward buying crowns.
I caution you about buying the random item card packs. Some people are just obscenely lucky. Some are tragically unlucky. The rest of us should probably set a limit on how many horde packs we are going to buy. As in how many, not, "I will stop when I get the bow." Trying to get a specific item from a random pack is frustrating because you may never ever get it... at all... for as long as you live. It sounds ridiculous, but sometimes that's how things are.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I'm sorry, but this is a problem because....?
I know it's frustrating to work your way up to get critical and special gear, but just because a card can give you a critical chance doesn't mean it ever triggers it. One of the pets I won with a lower level wizard gave me that... critical has never happened.
The whole idea is to be more powerful to beat the MOBs and bosses.
If this is an issue in PvP, perhaps this should be posted there instead.

Historian
May 01, 2010
STORM has a critical over 200 critcal POINTS, not chance, 200= I think around 60%?
Storm, and maybe death has a boost over 80%, its in there nature
80% resistance TO 2 SCHOOLS, and everyone (even ice) has to sacrifice resistance to everything, for that resistance.

Rank 2: traps, maybe a blade, no resistance.. EASY

Ravens hoard: Crowns hoard gear=rare, getting what you want= even rarer

Btw, dont call level 30's noobs, its disrespectful, while I dont really work hard for critical, I usually just walk to the bazaar...

The bazaar, someone has to sell it, a rank 8 in the bazaar, is VERY rare, especially because they can be used in crafting.

Some people work harder for items than other, doesnt mean that we should take those items away.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I really can't believe I am seeing this topic at all.

First there are those picking on different schools saying they are overpowered or their spells are overpowered and now the whole game is "TOO OVERPOWERED".

What is it with players that they don't want to work hard enough to train their wizards to the best advantage? You need to learn how to gear your wizard and set your deck up.

If a piece of gear gives a lower level even the slightest chance at critical, "GREAT". I say go for it. But just because some may not be able to spend crowns for the packs or gear from the crowns shop does not mean that it should be changed.

It is very rare that we see members that have been here from the beginning complain about anything being overpowered.

We have worked and worked hard to get our wizards where they are now and someone comes along that has not played that long and wants to change all of it because they don't want to put the effort into their wizards that many of us have.

IMO, "OVERPOWERED" is a word that is starting to be used way too much.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
When you scroll over the GEAR it says percents

But a haord pack is like 750 crowns

But you people focus on ONE part of my post

my post is about UNIVERSAL all schools,pvp,and mostly everything

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
darthjt wrote:
carlcarl99 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion, but please, get your facts straight before you make claims that are untrue.

You don't get a 200% chance of critical, you can get over 200 critical points, yes, but out of 550 critical points, that is around 40%, not 200%.

Yes, some get more attack boosts than others, while others get more resistance and health. Trade offs are a part of the game.

While I wont say it is impossible to get an 80% defense boost, that will not be to all schools, that will to be to 1 possible school. Universal Resistance at best can be around 60% global resistance. Which is very hard to achieve.

Again, the 100% critical block is not a percent, it is a point based system. So 100 points on a scale of 400 points, is 25% chance of critical block.

Only 2 possible spells can do that much damage, 1 is Insane Bolt, which can backfire and do 10k damage to the caster, while the other is Wild Bolt, which can also do 10 or 100 damage for 2 pips and can be shielded by storm shields.

While the new packs do offer a good variety of possible boosts, there is no lower level gear that is better than the higher level gear. Again, this is where trade off come in.

and a power pip

Depending on the level you are buying the packs, you get gear that is in accordance with that level. Nothing that is too overpowered.

Any level can have critical, always could, just use a vengeance treasure card.

They barely get any critical points, if any. 10 or even 30 points on a scale of 550 is like a 1 or 2% chance to critical.

These spells cost more than 1000 gold, people get these spells while fighting in Zafaria, people have the right to sell them at the bazaar. While they might be sold, they still cost 7, 8, or 9 pips to use. That is a lot of pips for any lower level wizards.

It is a great money maker for KI, which allows them to keep making new material for our wizards, new worlds, new spells, etc.

While there are some things you may not like, others greatly appreciate the chance to get some of these things.

This sounds more like a PvP complaint more than anything else, as none of this could have any bearing on PvE.
Well, darthjt, you nailed it yet again. You have saved my keyboard from being beaten half to death by a very, very, very long rant. It's time for PvP complainers to figure out how to walk around the barriers that their lack of strategegic skill creates, instead of attempting to blow them up.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
carlcarl99 wrote:
When you scroll over the GEAR it says percents

But a haord pack is like 750 crowns

But you people focus on ONE part of my post

my post is about UNIVERSAL all schools,pvp,and mostly everything

Carlcarl99, Darthjt and BionaKnight summed it up very well. There is no point in the rest of us repeating what has already been said.

By the way, a hoard pack is 399 crowns. Any gear obtained from these packs are usually very limited in stats to the level of the wizard that purchased it. So if the wizard is level 30, the stats are going to be for that level and no higher. And as far as a level 30 or under being able to crit, fine. One of my wizards was able to crit at level 28 by using Amplify. It was not a major crit but still helped in the boss battle that I used it in solo. At least my wizard survived just barely.

But, I suspect BionaKnight also hit the nail on the head. Even though you did not list PvP ahead of Universal, I think that PvP is where you are going with this. This game is not designed around PvP. PvP is just a sideline and in my opinion, a way to hone skills. In general, I don't PvP except for an occasional practice now and then, but I am certainly not going to complain about someone beating me just because they were better than me or had better gear. The only thing I would do is try to find ways to make my wizard better and stronger for PvE.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Yet I do agree to some of the original post and some of the others, so I am not going there. I will just simply post this:

if a person wanted to purchase an 8 pip card and do not mind spending some crowns, they have the option of buying a medallion to allow them to use that spell. Simple but annoying ain't it?

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Actually it's possible to get a pet with 2 instances of spell proof, spell defy, and a selfish talent on the right stat and get 30% resist from your pet. If an ice mage combines this with all of the best universal resist gear available you get a resist of 77% across the board.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
JinZah wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Actually it's possible to get a pet with 2 instances of spell proof, spell defy, and a selfish talent on the right stat and get 30% resist from your pet. If an ice mage combines this with all of the best universal resist gear available you get a resist of 77% across the board.

And how exactly would you get 2 instances of Spell proof and spell defy?

You can get 1 spell proof and 1 spell defy for 15 resistance yes, but not 2.

You can get another 10 resistance to any school with that schools proof. You can get great ice gear yes, but, let me state this again. It is Impossible to have up to 80% global resistance. You can resist 80 to 100% on one school, yes, that is quite possible, but not to all schools, sorry, just can't happen!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
some say over powered some say under powered....

it dependes on what games you have played before.

and what type of character you played.
what weapons you used
what kind of spells your majik cast
and other variables.

since the game is not your concept of a game
i think you need to just play it the best you can.
and see if you can play it in such a way
you become more powerful than ...
say Ambrose....

start keeping tabs on how uch life you lose
or how many times you die
on the new wizard you start..

choose the school that is the most opposite
of how you feel about the "power" of the game.

and see the different the schools can make it
if you lay down certain rules for you to play by.

then you will truly understand the power of this game.

oh yea it build team work and
social skills too.