Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

to many reagents being bought?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
I think its time to reconsider on how many reagents are getting bought at the bazaar, ever since that "buy more counter" has been put on, people end up buying WAY to many reagents, I think its time to put a limit on what that "buy more counter" can do, say for example if you want to buy stone blocks and there is only a limit of 10 blocks in there, the person wants to buy them with the "buy more counter", and poof the blocks are gone and there is no more for people who REALLY want to use them, modify the "buy more counter" to only work on certain amount of reagents to be able to buy, like say for example, if the any reagents are "below" 100 the "buy more counter" does not work and the people that want those reagents would have to buy them the old fashion way, and when the reagents are up to a certain number, say above 100, the "buy more counter" works again, cause everytime i go to the bazaar, it kind of reminds me of a poem i heard on Star Trek: Voyeger, "Man goes to Risa for a night of pure pleasure, and he wakes up one morning feeling good, in till finds out he's missing a kiddney", thats how i feel like whenever i go to the bazaar to find reagents, "man goes the bazaar to find some stone blocks, and when he finally finds some, in till he finds out that he's missing a few fingers and the arm that goes with it" , cause i feel like i am walking into the lions den whenever i go there to get reagents . It needs to stop or slow down a bit, cause your not the only wizard in w101 that needs to buy stone blocks or kelp or diamonds or etc.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
ValeDonte wrote:
I think its time to reconsider on how many reagents are getting bought at the bazaar, ... It needs to stop or slow down a bit, cause your not the only wizard in w101 that needs to buy stone blocks or kelp or diamonds or etc.

I disagree. It is a "Bazaar" (auction). I think it should stay "as it is".

First come. First served.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ValeDonte wrote:
I think its time to reconsider on how many reagents are getting bought at the bazaar, ever since that "buy more counter" has been put on, people end up buying WAY to many reagents, I think its time to put a limit on what that "buy more counter" can do, say for example if you want to buy stone blocks and there is only a limit of 10 blocks in there, the person wants to buy them with the "buy more counter", and poof the blocks are gone and there is no more for people who REALLY want to use them, modify the "buy more counter" to only work on certain amount of reagents to be able to buy, like say for example, if the any reagents are "below" 100 the "buy more counter" does not work and the people that want those reagents would have to buy them the old fashion way, and when the reagents are up to a certain number, say above 100, the "buy more counter" works again, cause everytime i go to the bazaar, it kind of reminds me of a poem i heard on Star Trek: Voyeger, "Man goes to Risa for a night of pure pleasure, and he wakes up one morning feeling good, in till finds out he's missing a kiddney", thats how i feel like whenever i go to the bazaar to find reagents, "man goes the bazaar to find some stone blocks, and when he finally finds some, in till he finds out that he's missing a few fingers and the arm that goes with it" , cause i feel like i am walking into the lions den whenever i go there to get reagents . It needs to stop or slow down a bit, cause your not the only wizard in w101 that needs to buy stone blocks or kelp or diamonds or etc.

I disagree. If you want the old fashion way, FARM FOR THEM. I do. All of my wizards are WORKING wizards. It is very rare that I will buy a reagent from the bazaar. From your join date, your wizard should be high enough level to get the transmutes from CL. If I need Diamonds, I transmute them. I certainly am not going to pay some of the prices at the bazaar for reagents that are free by putting in the time to farm for them.

Everyone that is managing to buy the reagents are using them. They certainly are not buying them just to keep someone else from using them. You are not dealing with something that no one else has. There are just some reagents that are harder to find than others and believe me blocks is not one of them. Outside of the reagents from the normal Vendors, all the rest are obtainable if you work for them. Diamonds and Blood Moss used to be the hardest to find. But those are among the rare reagents along with Sunstone and Golden Pearls.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Welcome to the world of supply and demand.

I'm pretty sure everyone who is buying reagents need them. It isn't like other games where you corner the market, because you can't set the price in this game. You can't make a profit by turning the reagent, because it always costs more to buy than what you recieve by selling (no matter if it's the only one in the bazaar).

Survivor
May 24, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
ValeDonte wrote:

I disagree. If you want the old fashion way, FARM FOR THEM. I do. All of my wizards are WORKING wizards. It is very rare that I will buy a reagent from the bazaar. From your join date, your wizard should be high enough level to get the transmutes from CL. If I need Diamonds, I transmute them. I certainly am not going to pay some of the prices at the bazaar for reagents that are free by putting in the time to farm for them.

Everyone that is managing to buy the reagents are using them. They certainly are not buying them just to keep someone else from using them. You are not dealing with something that no one else has. There are just some reagents that are harder to find than others and believe me blocks is not one of them. Outside of the reagents from the normal Vendors, all the rest are obtainable if you work for them. Diamonds and Blood Moss used to be the hardest to find. But those are among the rare reagents along with Sunstone and Golden Pearls.

Please, if people think that stone blocks & kelp are rare reagents and are hard to find, i recommand looking in celestia, and crab alley for kelp and dragonspyre for stone blocks and plus, not everyone knows about transmutated cards, i do, so think you guys should make a posting to let people know about transmutate cards.