Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Firewing + Bloodbat = ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I have a firewing and a bloodbat. Does anyone know what kind of pet(s) are possible to hatch other than firewing or bloodbat? I was just wondering and will find out once I fully train both of them, but I am impatient :P

Chris RavenFlame Level 43 Pyromancer
Cody DuskBloom Level 13 Sorcerer
Lucas ThunderWeilder Level 8 Diviner

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
You do realize that ancient and epic pets cost more to breed than adult pets?
From your post it sounded like you didn't know. I would only level a pet past adult if I planned to actually use that pet in combat.

As for hybrid pets... Some types of pets are known to make hybrids. The level 48 school pets for example can possibly make hybrids with each other. Then there are other hybrids. Breeding a helephant with a unicorn can, rarely, make a nightmare. Hybrids like the nightmare are in uncharted territory. I suspect that the first nightmare was created by accident. A hybrid pet is a rather rare result even if you have two pets than can make a hybrid together it could take several hatches before you actually get a hybrid. I have read about people who have made ten or even twenty hatches, using the correct pairing, before they got a hybrid. Take the helephant. It can be combined with any of the other reward pets received at level 48 and with a unicorn pet, every once and a while you may get a hybrid. The unicorn on the other hand only seems to be able to combine with helephants... You may be able to get a hybrid by pairing a unicorn with something else, but finding out what that something else is... Well that is a rather time consuming and expensive process. Be aware some people like spreading rumors that have no basis in fact. Just because someone tells you that a certain pair of pets makes a hybrid does not mean that they are telling the truth. Some people are just mean.