Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Hey again everyone! After much consideration I have decided to be a balance wizard and have gotten to level 26! I managed to get death to feint and enjoyed using a vampire with Hex and Balance Blade against a boss <3 But I have 2 training points left at the moment and wasn't sure if I should invest in anything else as of right now. I kill quickly so I don't usually have health problems so not sure if life is a good fit, and ice for the shield seems a bit strange to me since I have shields for all schools (except balance of course.) All the guides I have found are fairly old so I don't know if I should save my points for the astral schools. Any thoughts?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Kotsana wrote:
Hey again everyone! After much consideration I have decided to be a balance wizard and have gotten to level 26! I managed to get death to feint and enjoyed using a vampire with Hex and Balance Blade against a boss <3 But I have 2 training points left at the moment and wasn't sure if I should invest in anything else as of right now. I kill quickly so I don't usually have health problems so not sure if life is a good fit, and ice for the shield seems a bit strange to me since I have shields for all schools (except balance of course.) All the guides I have found are fairly old so I don't know if I should save my points for the astral schools. Any thoughts?
save it for moon school!!!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Kotsana wrote:

You'll get a bunch more training points while you move on, so don't worry about the astral schools. And also, you won't be defeating people fast for long, because everything gets tougher as you advance in level. Especially in PvP (Ranked), but I recommend training up to Tower Shield, it helps stop those Judge spammers and also comes in handy if you can't find any other shields.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'd say finish out Death. It's more beneficial in my opinion to finish a secondary school and then move on to a tertiary school so that you don't waste training points. If you want to wait until Celestia and spend your training points on the Astral schools, then go right ahead. Considering you're somewhere in Marleybone (I'm guessing?), just remember you're a long way from it.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I wouldn't know exactly. I just started my Balance Character myself. I have a Level 70 Storm Wizard and I still have like 3-4 training points left to spend and I got all the Life spell and up to the Tower Shield in Ice and All the Star and Sun Spells and one of the Moon Spells. Of course I also have Elemental Blades and Traps from the Balance School. So I say Don't spend them unless you know what you fully want. In the end Wizards 101 gives you lots of training points to fully spend on A lot of spells from other school as long you you take the time to do the side quest that give you training points.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
My Balance is the wizard I use the most. I've trained her all the way through Fire (it's my favorite school after Balance) and she frequently uses a Mastery Amulet for it. She has recently reached Celestia and has invested in both the Star spells and the two Sun spells that add damage and has two points waiting around to bu used. Honestly I've never needed any life cards except for the Pixie the Seraph gives you in Unicorn Way. I do have a Dagger that gives major buffs to healing both incoming and outgoing so my Helping Hands does a lot more help.

If I felt like spending the crowns to buy my points back, I'd probably get a few levels of Fire 'cause I like the Elf and Sun Bird, probably grab a few levels in Death, and save the rest for the Astral schools.

If you're happy with what you've got now, save your points. As far as I've seen (I haven't played much in Celestia so I haven't gotten to any more training areas) the astral spells are pretty awesome.

Oh, as to your vampire with the hex and balance blade, try adding the blade and trap you get from the Balance tree. Even more enjoyment. I've done it frequently with my Fire spells.

Iridian Starmender
Grandmaster Sorceress

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
one of the spirit schools, because if you are fighting balance with no existing prisms, you don't want to rely on specteral blast hydra and. chimera. spirit schools boost on balance. i chose death and i love it as the second school.