Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary Schools for Storm

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
I have an adept storm wizard, and I want to know which schools I should invest my points into. I already have ice up to tower, and I am not planning to do pvp on the storm wizard, any suggestions?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
So far I have the following:
Ice up to tower shield
Life up to spirit shield
Going to work on:
Death to feint

I'm building defensive capabilities for my storm wizard so I'm not a "glass cannon". A bonus of doing life is that it gives a legend shield which protects against death and myth which is a big bonus.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
To be honest, I wiffled quite a bit on which schools to supplement my Storm wizard and ended up spending quite a bit in crowns on point buy-backs. What I've found is that it really depends on your style. I'm a tank - I set up for heavy damage and then kill with one spell, allowing my opponent to beat on me while I set up.

In earlier levels, it was mandatory to have life as a secondary, leveled up to spirit shield. Once you get higher up, however, having one of the other six schools isn't really necessary. What is necessary is saving your training points for the Celestian schools - in particular sun and star, though moon is my guilty pleasure. XD

Once I reached lvl 55, I redid my entire point structure and only lvled my life spells up to pixie. I haven't needed anything more.

~Roslyn Stormcaller, Lvl 67 Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
labtrinthine wrote:
To be honest, I wiffled quite a bit on which schools to supplement my Storm wizard and ended up spending quite a bit in crowns on point buy-backs. What I've found is that it really depends on your style. I'm a tank - I set up for heavy damage and then kill with one spell, allowing my opponent to beat on me while I set up.

In earlier levels, it was mandatory to have life as a secondary, leveled up to spirit shield. Once you get higher up, however, having one of the other six schools isn't really necessary. What is necessary is saving your training points for the Celestian schools - in particular sun and star, though moon is my guilty pleasure. XD

Once I reached lvl 55, I redid my entire point structure and only lvled my life spells up to pixie. I haven't needed anything more.

will i get any training points after level 42. because spent all of my training points on life and i really want the star school spells. post me back please

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jsd2122001 wrote:
labtrinthine wrote:

will i get any training points after level 42. because spent all of my training points on life and i really want the star school spells. post me back please

Yes, you will get more training points after level 42, make sure you take the side quests that give you them, Zeke is one.

On all my wizards accept the mistake I made on my first one I do not buy any spells that don't enhance my school given spells, usually these are blades and traps and the Celestia ones that start with Gaint. I am now meeting more people who are doing this also now. I get to say I am pure Death, Storm, Myth, Ice and it has been working quite well for me.

Storm was my hardest because I had to balance the gear for health, mana, pips etc. more then any of my other wizards, at level 56 I crafted the Wintertusk gear for her and she became a real, can solo, killer. If I need any other spells I just load them in my treasure side board. My thoughts on Feint is, I can't afford the 30% trap on myself, some where I did win a Feint Amulet that only put 20% but still a little rough for a Storm to take. I fight aggressive, blade up, run damage spell, one hit kills.