Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cleanse Ward needs an update.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
There is a posting asking for a 50 Balance shield, which I feel is unneeded.
The complaint is that Balance is too strong, and therefore a Balance shield is needed. This is all based on the stratergy of Feint, TC Feint, pet Feint, Balance Blade and +20 blade, and then full pip TC Judge. This will generate somewhere around 18000 damage or more (actually closer to 1900 I think).

Well, what is good for Balance is good for all the other schools too, and that is exactly what I am seeing. The last three matches I had were Fire, Myth and Death. All three schools used the exact same idea, only different attack cards. Still doing up near the 10,000 damage mark.
Death's monster hit me for over 8000, ending the match rather quickly.

I have 5 Cleanse Wards in my Side deck, but it wasn't enough.
After the first reshuffle, back poured in the Feints.

I really feel that KI needs to look at this issue, as it does ruin the whole idea of PvP. Is it a strategy, yes, but it's almost like Storm building up it's SuperCharge over and over. You just can't live, even when you have full health.

I am looking for solutions to this, and I would like to suggest one, and see what people think.

Take the idea of Cleanse Ward, generate a new spell and have it either remove all Wards, or have it remove all wards over four rounds, like many of the new sun spells. Have it cost a pip or if over four rounds maybe two (?).

I know that some may say that it will hurt death, but remember, Cleanse Ward is still out there as a spell and a TC.
Lots of spells have been inproved over time, like in Wintertusk. Earthquake removes all Blades, Traps, shields, etc already on the opponent.

This would just be the reverse in a way, and removed Traps (I wouldn't care if it removed my shields also, at the same time).

comments?

Thanks,
Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If it removes all negative and postive wards and costs at least 3 pips, why not?

As you already pointed out, Death has the most to lose from this spell, so the pip cost has to be high. Or maybe keep the pip cost low, but place debuffs on yourself after casting, like stunning yourself or leaving an infection, etc.

However, an upgraded Cleanse Ward affects more than just PvP. Cheating bosses have been using your suggestion for quite some time!!!!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
That triple feint strategy has a couple of draw backs. For one thing, given that it might be tried by someone who isn't balance means that you have an opportunity should you carry the proper shield, to block -70 damage from one of their feints. You can also stack a tower on top of that. Also keep in mind that every time the opponent uses feint on you they are trapping themself! So they too would have added 3 traps on themself. That's three turns no blade, no shield and three turns where they are spending one pip, thus leaving themself at the starting position of 4 pips, or 3 if they get a single pip, while you can shield and build up pips for a bigger hit.

A storm wizard tried this on me with a tiny deck, three feints and a vengeance spell.
"Are you joking?"
"lol watch"

I had tower and volcanic shield up, Triton did not go critical with the vengeance on, I actually blocked it, and was hit for 1900 damage. Nasty hit. but I was ready to attack. Unfortunately, my opponent "ran out of cards"
so I won it. It is an interesting strategy. But still has problems that you can take advantage of. Besides, what were you doing before your opponent used up all their pips on a reshuffle to get back their feints? You said they reshuffle for the feints again, but reshuffle for non balance is expensive. And cleaning off just one of three feints, while having a shield stack on you is pretty good for protection and or ruining their one shot strategy.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Well for me I just feel I actually would use a death treasure card in this case called dark pack and I think empower? I mean it does damage to yourself yes, but one it is weak damage compared to any attack they will do, and two it takes off 3 traps? I mean I do not see this as a problem much in pvp. And can easily be countered. So figure a way to counter it before complaining. Just find your own strategy.

Blake NightWraith

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
Well for me I just feel I actually would use a death treasure card in this case called dark pack and I think empower? I mean it does damage to yourself yes, but one it is weak damage compared to any attack they will do, and two it takes off 3 traps? I mean I do not see this as a problem much in pvp. And can easily be countered. So figure a way to counter it before complaining. Just find your own strategy.

Blake NightWraith

Sacrifice might be the best to use in that scenario, as it gives you health for the 1,700 damage or so that you put on yourself from doing it into three feints. A potential problem is that not everyone in PvP is death, and when's the last time you've seen sacrifice treasure cards for sale at the bazaar?

Also, sacrifice, empower, and dark pact take away blades on the user too, and Tower/Death shields that you might have been planning on using. And if it criticals, if you don't block it, you're dead.

I like Lion359's idea, actually. At what level would such a spell be available?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The easy solution would be to make feint non stackable like a regular school trap... Done