Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level too low for MooShu?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I just recently got to Mooshu at level 32. The thing is, everyone tells me I need to level up more. I can't even equip any of the things in the shops. Should I do some side quests or just continue Mooshu as normal? Thanks!
Danielle Owlheart Level 32 Thaumaturge
Stephanie Deathstone Level 11 Necromancer
Kiley Lifeblossom Level 9 Theurgist
Sierra Pixiecatcher Level 3 Conjurer
Daniel Trollpants Level 2 Pyromancer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
daniellestalker123 wrote:
I just recently got to Mooshu at level 32. The thing is, everyone tells me I need to level up more. I can't even equip any of the things in the shops. Should I do some side quests or just continue Mooshu as normal? Thanks!

It all depends on what kind of go at it you are having. I tend to do all quests and side quest up though DragonSprye only because it tends to make Celestia and Wintertusk a little less stressful. With the additions of Crab Alley and Wysteria it does seem easier to become a little high level when you hit new worlds.

"Please forgive any misspellings in my posts I do the best I can to remember how all words are spelled"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

If you can do battles without dying, your level is fine. If it's a constant struggle, you may need to level up. Everyone's game is personal depending on how you play, your gear, etc.
As for not equipping any of the gear in the shops: 1st, the gear is not all that great and is too expensive. Go to the bazaar. And secondly, I don't think I've ever gotten to a new world and been able to equip anything. no worries... you'll level up quickly. :)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
no why doesnt anyone get the world go like this

wizardcity 1-18

krokatopia 18-25

marleybone 25-30

mooshu 30

havent got to other worlds yet

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I got MooShu at level 26.
I got Krokotopia at level 9.
It proves that you're not alone, LOL.
It's hard for me because I don't have a lot of good spells to kill bosses, street monsters, etc.
I just get a lot of friends that can help me, good treasure cards, and that's kinda how I do it.
Taryn Dreamblade, Level 27 Theurgist :D

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
2000kpam wrote:
It's hard for me because I don't have a lot of good spells to kill bosses, street monsters, etc.
I just get a lot of friends that can help me, good treasure cards, and that's kinda how I do it.

Did you skip all the side quests? o:

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
2000kpam wrote:

Yeah, side quests aren't my strength. They make me forget my story quests.
I DO do alot of them though. Not all, they make stuff just, SOOOOO stressful.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Maybe, if your constantly dying. But if you can win more than die, than you're good. Now this is making me nervous. My Life, Autumn Pixiegem, got to Marleybone at lvl 22. Do you think i'll get to Mooshu at lvl 26, or lower than 30? I'm nervous

~Destiny Deathblood lvl 38 death wizard Mooshu~

~Autumn Pixiegem lvl 22 life wizard Marleybone~

Survivor
May 24, 2009
zazly wrote:
no why doesnt anyone get the world go like this

wizardcity 1-18

krokatopia 18-25

marleybone 25-30

mooshu 30

havent got to other worlds yet

I agree with this. You should start Mooshu around level 33 or 34 in my opinion, because then you can level to 35 and then buy the Mooshu gear. I guess this kind of goes for all the world since their gear is at lvl 35, 45, 55, etc.
Doing side quests is great, but I usually finish those up at the end of the world just to level up a bit to give me some support in health/mana for the next worlds. I don't really count side worlds.
Dragonspyre around 45-50
Celestia 50-60
Zafaria 60-70

Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 70 Life 8)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Level 31 is not too low a level to get into MS. In fact, I envy you. I always do all of the side quests in every world, except the Kensington Park quest in MB, so I finally got into MS today at lvl 37. And i leveled up within about maybe 20 minutes of being there. (i only had one xp box left to fill).

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Delver
Sep 27, 2009

your not too low.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
If you are having fun and not struggling, your level is just fine. :) MooShu is not a hard world, I think for the median level players it was the easiest to solo. It also has really good exp, so you will level up quickly. I would go do Grizzleheim if you need to take a break from it, since you need Grizzleheim and Wintertusk to get some of your extra spells. Also, in my opinion, some of the best MooShu gear (level 35) is dropped by Yakedo in Crimson fields and Youkai in the Tree of Life. You don't need to be high level to get good gear in MooShu. :)

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I got to mooshu on my life at that level. My death got there at level 29 :? . My storm is still in marleybone but i think he will make it at 32.

Adam Soulflame lvl 30 Diviner
Ethan Soulflame lvl 33 Necromancer
Luis Soulflame lvl 74 Theurgist