Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feint Questions

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I am soon going to try PvP for the first time, and that's what prompts this question--but it's a general one about Feint, so I thought I'd post it here rather than in the PvP section. Specifically, I want to know how Feint works with spells like Cleanse Ward and Pierce.

First question: I seem to remember that you can't remove the 30% side of Feint from yourself using Cleanse Ward. Is this still true? Nor, I think, can you use Cleanse to remove the 70% Feint that's cast on you. Is this correct? If so, is Feint affected by any removal spell that you know?

Second question: I seem to remember once, in PvE, that I unintentionally removed a Feint that I had cast on an enemy when I was aiming to remove a shield using Pierce. Does Pierce remove Feints, either because of a bug or for some logical reason I don't understand?

Thanks for any clarification.

Tabitha

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Cleanse ward will protect your target by removing the -70 portion. But, the -30 that is stamped on you as a side effect can be removed by Pierce! It's a little bug that has not been addressed for a very long time. In fact, there are a few other special traps that can be removed by pierce and shatter when they are not even positive protective wards.

The yellow troll attack that leaves your enemy with a -25 myth trap can also be removed by pierce. I assume this is also true for the life banshee trap.

So yep. that's all there is to it. Special type of traps are subject to removal by pierce, but cleanse ward is what you want for protection against feint. Or, in your case since you are going to be using feint, if you worry about cleanse ward, be sure to attack immediately after casting feint. This way there is very little time for your opponent to block feint. It should be the last ward you place before attacking because its so strong.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I'm sorry I missed one part of your first question, of course you can remove the -30 ward from yourself with cleanse ward. On the next turn, or if you are with a partner, if you are second you can use cleanse ward to remove the -30 charm on the same turn your partner is casting feint. I have done this many times in a supporting role. Unless an update messed something up, feints side effect should still be affected by cleanse.

Champion
May 03, 2011
CorbinW: Thanks for clarifying this. It seems that Cleanse Ward should remove Feints, then, on both ends. I may have experienced a glitch before. I will try it out again.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
CorbinW: Thanks for clarifying this. It seems that Cleanse Ward should remove Feints, then, on both ends. I may have experienced a glitch before. I will try it out again.

You got it