Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you buy a pet with Elucidate?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay KI,

Here is an Idea that is about to get those crowns seriously flowing throughout the spiral!

Even more than the new Hoard Packs...

A pet that gives Simplify Card at Baby and then gives Elucidate Card at Epic!

You can give this pet any look you choose, any talents you want. Your community will want this pet and buy it, like no other pet around the spiral!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
@darthjt

You are constantly posting these types of requests.
I'm really glad you dont work for KI, and have no say in the development, because in your world, all great talents and spells should just be bought outright w/ crowns.

You never want to work at anything, it seems.
I'm sorry you're having a tough time with pet talents, but asking KI - time and time again - to just give you a list of talents to buy with crowns, is kinda ridiculous.

In your world this game would be incredibly boring...

Now your new kick is Elucidate and Simplify.
Both spells have been removed for good reasons.
Greyrose has stated on Central, that these 2 spells unbalanced the game. She was correct.
She also stated that KI was working on a way to somehow keep them in the game, w/o causing exploitations.
Guess what, they did that.. You now get 2 Elucidates from a Science Centre quest.

So, as much as I give u credit for being very persistent about your wants, they unfortunately are very exploitative wants.

You have also requested Gear with these spells in the past.
You did a really great job writing out the stats of that gear - for all schools. But just like that idea, this pet w/ elucidate, is in essence the same request.
Whether we go with your Elucidate/Simplify Gear idea, or this pet idea, the fact remains that in EVERY fight a person will get 2 pip reducing cards. That's kind of a lot per battle.

Pls try to keep in mind the delicate balance of this game, and not just about your desires and wants.

What you're suggesting is insanely overpowered, and extremely biased toward crown players.

Bottom line, skill is something that is earned and learned, not bought.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay KI,

Here is an Idea that is about to get those crowns seriously flowing throughout the spiral!

You can give this pet any look you choose, any talents you want. Your community will want this pet and buy it, like no other pet around the spiral!

it should be non hatchable and the talents wont have rarity it would just have 4 talent slots and each one will say OO for the rarity

for those that dont know what i meant by OO its my typing way of the infinity mark

and this should be about o 10000 crowns or 20 dollars in money worth

nice idea darthjt i would so buy one for all my characters and give them talents with what would be best for them

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay KI,

Yes, I'd love to get a pet like this, even if I couldn't choose what it looks like :-) :-)

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
@darthjt

I'm really glad you dont work for KI, and have no say in the development, because in your world, all great talents and spells should just be bought outright w/ crowns.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time with pet talents, but asking KI - time and time again - to just give you a list of talents to buy with crowns, is kinda ridiculous.

Greyrose has stated on Central, that these 2 spells unbalanced the game. She was correct.
She also stated that KI was working on a way to somehow keep them in the game, w/o causing exploitations.
Guess what, they did that.. You now get 2 Elucidates from a Science Centre quest.

So, as much as I give u credit for being very persistent about your wants, they unfortunately are very exploitative wants.

You did a really great job writing out the stats of that gear - for all schools. But just like that idea, this pet w/ elucidate, is in essence the same request.
Whether we go with your Elucidate/Simplify Gear idea, or this pet idea, the fact remains that in EVERY fight a person will get 2 pip reducing cards. That's kind of a lot per battle.

Pls try to keep in mind the delicate balance of this game, and not just about your desires and wants.

What you're suggesting is insanely overpowered, and extremely biased toward crown players.

You are absolutely correct i have also noticed this, and darthjt if someone were to make this post you would try to find any negative way to prove them wrong and it surprises me that you would make a post like this.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
@darthjt

Please do not assume anything here Loki, I have more pets with spell proof and spritely than anyone else in the spiral. I probably have more pets with spell proof, spritely, and spell defy. Yet, this is besides the point.

Yes, keeping these spells within the game, without being able to Exploit them. That is why my Ideas work Loki, because it does not give you 5 or 6 in your deck, but gives you 1 in your deck.

You get to use this spell twice, after that, done, finished, gone!

In your opinion!

Actually, that is better than having 5 or more per battle. However, if you look at PvE, this is not really a concern. As for PvP, this is still only 2 cards in your deck, 1 for 1 pip reduction and the other a 2 pip reduction. With many possible uses for this spell, a 2 pip satyr, or 0 pip pixie. A 0 pip elemental or spiritual blade. However, you only get to use it once, if it comes up in your deck!

Well, the gear would be level 70 gear.

The Pets would initially be bought with crowns, however, can be gotten through hatching as any other crown pet in the game. So, this is essentially thinking about everyone in the game.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
no i would not unless it was a special one of a kind pet that would not hatch

it would make game rather boring if there was no punch to the battles.

and too many floating around would loose that one of a kindness

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I would love to see Give 1 Card 'Elucidate' as a Talent. The only reason Simplify and Elucidate were 'Broken' is because of whiners in PVP. The easy way of allowing it into the game would be to put that 'NO PVP' stamp that is on the Boss Minions and some of the Polymorph TCs on Simplify and Elucidate TRAINED spells...