Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much work, too little reward.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I don't normally QQ much, but Grizzleheim has too little reward for too much work. Killing the Jotun quest is gives onnly 440Xp for killing one monster with 9000 health and 3 others with at least 4000. Also impossible to solo. Is this truely fair? Seriously? Should be giving at least 2000-3000Xp for that quest.

Inb4: "Well I like a challenge, deal with it." A challenge doesn't mean doing a whole bunch of work for basically nothing.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sonic98123 wrote:
I don't normally QQ much, but Grizzleheim has too little reward for too much work. Killing the Jotun quest is gives onnly 440Xp for killing one monster with 9000 health and 3 others with at least 4000. Also impossible to solo. Is this truely fair? Seriously? Should be giving at least 2000-3000Xp for that quest.

Inb4: "Well I like a challenge, deal with it." A challenge doesn't mean doing a whole bunch of work for basically nothing.

I don't bother with Grizzleheim at all due to this factor. The entire world, including Wintertusk, are optional. I'll only go there if I'm really bored or am at a stage where I have to do a dungeon and don't have time, but want to play.

And I agree... the xp and rewards and way too low for the battles you have to do throughout those areas.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
sonic98123 wrote:

you know, you forgeting wintertusk! you get over 9000 XP for talk to so and so quests!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
I agree that the rewards are to little for extremly hard quests such as the jotun quest. I disagree that that that quest should be worth 2000-3000 xp. i think it should be much much more, like 6000-7500 would be fine. But i don't really mind because i think its really fun, and when you get to wintertusk the music is so great that doing all those quests are worth it. and in grizzlehiem, i think it just looks REALLY cool. In wintertusk the xp goes up a bit and if you want your level 58 pet your going to have to go to wintertusk at some point, wether you port to a friend or you go through all the areas. I also think the pets are really cool. you also have to remember that these worlds are optinol for the most part. They have some pretty cool close too.

Paige ThunderRiver Lvl. 66 Diviner

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
I agree i think there should be more Xp cuz i was in ravenscar and i had to fight a boss with 4000 health and then another with 4000 health and i only got 90 Xp.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I used to believe this. That Grizzleheim gave far too little experience for what you have to do. "Defeat the coven", earn 550 experience. "Defeat Jotun." I even remember it being less than that. What was it? 350? Wasn't Jotun harder than the Coven?

Well, now I believe differently. Sure, the experience might not seem fair, but then look at WinterTusk. You obtain quests where you can get up to 4,000 experience for talking to someone. More. And it's a side world.

I was in Celestia this past weekend, (I just started my second wizard through) and I was level 53 in the survey camp. I was asked how I was such a high level, to be starting. I actually thought it was rather low a level. I had all of the Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Wysteria, and Dragonspyre quests done, including the sides, and I was only a level 53? Well, I walked into the survey camp, and there were people that were entering it at 55, 59, 61. Why is this? Because of WinterTusk.

WinterTusk reaps wonderful rewards, beyond that of any of the worlds. Recipes for gear that rival the Waterworks itself (Of course, the boots can be a pain to obtain. *cough* 15 aether). It gives great experience, rivaling only that of late Celestia and anywhere in Zafaria. It has the length of Mooshu. You can go from a level 50 grandmaster to a level 60 legendary in just a week's time.

My point? WinterTusk is a very good area to go to. Grizzleheim is only just the first step. You earn more experience from talking to someone in WinterTusk than you do in the whole of Ravenscar.

Ian FrostBreeze/Ian Ravencaller
Lvl. 68 Thaumaturge/Lvl. 54 Theurgist
Waterworks Warrior/Hero of Dragonspyre
Zafaria/Wintertusk

Thanks for reading!

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I ccompletly agree. Even just street monsters there get hard to defeat eventually. This is probably because it's a glitch, and the game thinks you're a high level at that point. :? :? :? :? :?

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
What about Snorri Oystertusk? 1200 Xp To kill 3 395 Health enemies. It is one of the best level 20 rewards for a quest Xp wise. Even Boss quests in Krokotopia dont give that much.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
oh yeah i agree kingisle should stop giving us little reward that are barely worth the effort i rather fight the Harvest Lord than having to battle jotun for litttle reward i battled him with Charles BatlleShade level 42 sourcer'er ( deleted ) and died even i got a " friend" with him and hes death....( i think ) and he kept healing my minion i had like 346/2336 health minion had 450/450 and i died :P i removed him so yeah my main wizard is Kiearan RavenForge level 24 ( almost 25 ) therugist.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Too much work & Too little reward? Really? Really, really?

After you finally make it past Grizzleheim, you get to Wintertusk. This is where all that extra experience went to. You get tons and tons of XP, for simple tasks and boss fights. You get awesome gear, you get pets, and you get spells all because you completed Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. How is that too much work with too little reward?

Did you know, just doing Wintertusk, you can take your Wizard from level 48 to 58? Did you also know, that it only takes a day or two to complete Wintertusk?

So young wizards, I believe that some of you might want to rethink your concept of what Grizzleheim and Wintertusk is all about.