Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Empty out friends list today

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Today I had a player come into a dungeon in wintertusk. The end dungeon. maybe he had port marked it I dont know but he didnt port in from friends list of anyone that was with me. He refused to tell me how he got into dungeon. I could not hire a healer for end fight making things hard for all of us.
I am going to every wizard and deleteing off all friends so this does not happen again because we do keep our ports closed in a dungeon. I have grown tired of players porting in on me when I am in a tough situation. The end dungeon of wintertusk is a tough quest when you have limited wizards and want to remain limited. But from now on I will not have this to worry about, Game needs to see if Dungeon in wintertusk can be port marked as this player got in somehow by not porting by way of a friend list, but I clean my list anyway.. To those that just port at anytime I say you should ask before and see what waits for you. I have been told no before and i dont port. But I am kind enough and courteous enough to ask.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This rant probably belongs in Ravenwood Commons (it's currently in Wizard City).

Your complaint is what the "Allow Friend Teleports?" toggle is for.

Also, if you don't want to be disturbed by friends, there is a "Hidden to Friends" toggle.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Don't remove them right away. Put them on Ignore for a few days at least.
My kids removed a couple wizards, and guess what, these removed wizards ported to my kids. I would think because just because you removed them, doesn't take you out of their list!

Rogan

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
there is a much easier way, and will retain your friends: go to your settings (hit esc) and choose not to allow friends to teleport. Done. That way if they need your help, you can still port, or if you just want to meet somewhere to battle together.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
My kids removed a couple wizards, and guess what, these removed wizards ported to my kids. I would think because just because you removed them, doesn't take you out of their list!

Rogan

It takes the people off their list if you delete someone from your list.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Rogtim wrote:

Rogan

It takes the people off their list if you delete someone from your list.

Actually, it does not take you off their list if they are not online at the time you delete them. Unless that has been recently changed. But if they are fast enough to act before you disappear from their list the next time they log in, they can port to you.

On topic:

Darkblood1, the only way that player should have been able to have a port mark in that dungeon is only if he had been in it within 30 minutes or less pryor to porting into your battle. Even so, it should not have let him enter in on you. It should have actually sent him in solo. This is a little odd. Is it possible that one of the people on your friends list has a second account and ported one of their own?

I would really hate to see this dungeon fixed so that friends can come to your aid if you need it. I recently did that dungeon with a couple of my wizards and got to the last chamber and needed more help and asked a friend if she could join me. Believe me, I am certainly glad she could but she was also Transcended.