Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

6pm Lag in Australia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
I know someone posted about this late last year in a now locked thread, but did someone find a solution or a least a solid reason why this is happening?
I have a very powerful quad core computer and a very fast and stable cable internet connection in Sydney. Every night at about 6pm the game suddenly hangs taking up to 5 minutes to recognise a change of location or combat decision and frequently comes back in the middle of combat just stacking all the spell effects of a couple of rounds of play on me at once usually meaning I'm defeated.
I have tried all the recommended tweaks to the game, my computer, connected server etc to no effect.
Someone suggested that it was the australian network having high latency issues but I can play DDO and EVE Online at the same time in the evening without issue and they are both much higher bandwidth games.
My whole family enjoys this game and has accounts. It is just troubling that at the prime time I would like to play it is unavailable.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nickfoodle wrote:
I know someone posted about this late last year in a now locked thread, but did someone find a solution or a least a solid reason why this is happening?
I have a very powerful quad core computer and a very fast and stable cable internet connection in Sydney. Every night at about 6pm the game suddenly hangs taking up to 5 minutes to recognise a change of location or combat decision and frequently comes back in the middle of combat just stacking all the spell effects of a couple of rounds of play on me at once usually meaning I'm defeated.
I have tried all the recommended tweaks to the game, my computer, connected server etc to no effect.
Someone suggested that it was the australian network having high latency issues but I can play DDO and EVE Online at the same time in the evening without issue and they are both much higher bandwidth games.
My whole family enjoys this game and has accounts. It is just troubling that at the prime time I would like to play it is unavailable.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Have you tried sending a ticket to support for this? I'm not sure if anyone here can help, but they should be able to narrow down what the issue is. Sounds frustrating!