Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why doesn't anyone complain about myth?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
People have made general complaints on minions, Judgement, Bolts but I find it truly fascinating that Myth can get increasingly high hitting powerful spells, Medusa, Basilisk, and yet people still will say that Myth is Weak or rather not even dare say that Myth is too powerful. That's just so...odd. Is there anyone willing to claim that Myth is too powerful? Or is the idea of a Conjurer being "overpowered" truly just...a myth?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
People have made general complaints on minions, Judgement, Bolts but I find it truly fascinating that Myth can get increasingly high hitting powerful spells, Medusa, Basilisk, and yet people still will say that Myth is Weak or rather not even dare say that Myth is too powerful. That's just so...odd. Is there anyone willing to claim that Myth is too powerful? Or is the idea of a Conjurer being "overpowered" truly just...a myth?

Shhhhhhhhh.

Let the Storm, Ice, and Balance folks all hit each other with nerf bats for awhile.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
myth has been one of the weakest schools since the begining and now they are as good as balance or ice in 1v1 when played right.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

It just flies in the face of the common in game comments about myth being "weak". Many seem to feel that they only excel at PvP but that on their own in PvE, they are terrible. Myth is in the middle in terms of both damage and resistance and therefore doesn't stand out like Ice at one side or Storm at the other. It also takes a very tactically minded player to master it, so its rare for people to make it very far with a myth and therefore they are frankly, just smaller in number. In my opinion, people often get their perceptions about the "power" of a school from standing next to one in PvE. In that, even mediocre storm players can kick out massive damage in a small number of rounds. Not so with Myth.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Myth, being my Favorite school, I dare not bring them into the lime light!

But if you think I am putting up a battle about Storm being Nerfed, you have not seen anything if people start attacking myth!

I do love Ice, but I have to be realistic, it was given a bit too much with the new crafted gear. Especially, while storm has been hit with the nerf bat time after time after time.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

You know this is kinda off topic, but i'v always liked myth even though it's not my main school.....

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I actually think Myth needs to be nerfed a little especially with they're powerful spells, earthquake/shatter, minions, and they're dreaded stuns. Sincerely, no one cares about PvE and schools have been nerfed (especially Storm) usually because of people complaining in PvP. Think about it guys. Myth may have some pretty weak spells at the beginning but later their gear and power increase drastically and thats what really counts. Myth not only has the ability to take off shields and charms but also they can stun,summon minions ( good ones too), they even have a few AoE's and now they have a DoT? The DoT was a little uncalled for and on top of that it stuns so people cant triage. That my friend is overpowered not to mention the fact they also have pretty good stats overall.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I actually think Myth needs to be nerfed a little especially with they're powerful spells, earthquake/shatter, minions, and they're dreaded stuns. Sincerely, no one cares about PvE and schools have been nerfed (especially Storm) usually because of people complaining in PvP. Think about it guys. Myth may have some pretty weak spells at the beginning but later their gear and power increase drastically and thats what really counts. Myth not only has the ability to take off shields and charms but also they can stun,summon minions ( good ones too), they even have a few AoE's and now they have a DoT? The DoT was a little uncalled for and on top of that it stuns so people cant triage. That my friend is overpowered not to mention the fact they also have pretty good stats overall.

Earthquake is a powerful spell? It is a 6 pip spell that does the same damage as Humongofrog, it just removes all traps and wards.

Medusa is not overpowered, as if you play correctly, most bosses will be dead after the attack. So, the stun for 2 rounds is useless and the base damage was lowered because of this effect.

Myth also, has not gotten a powerful attack all spell since Humongofrog a level 4 spell. Sure, it has Earthquake, a level 6 spell, that does the same damage.

Myth now needs a powerful AoE spell, one that either does all the damage at once, or one that does double damage in the same round.

Oh yeah, then myth would be nice and powerful.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I really have to agree with TheDarkestMask on this one, Myth is a Powerhouse. I don't say this just because of my loses in PvP to them, but I had a Level 70 Myth also. My level 70 Balance has been crushed by Myth, while I can usually handle my self with Fire, Storm, Ice and Life (but seem to have trouble with certain Death's).
If you let Myth get a Blade and a Trap in, you are in trouble, no matter what school you are. I worry more about Myth than I do Fire or any other school.

Joe.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
I really have to agree with TheDarkestMask on this one, Myth is a Powerhouse. I don't say this just because of my loses in PvP to them, but I had a Level 70 Myth also. My level 70 Balance has been crushed by Myth, while I can usually handle my self with Fire, Storm, Ice and Life (but seem to have trouble with certain Death's).
If you let Myth get a Blade and a Trap in, you are in trouble, no matter what school you are. I worry more about Myth than I do Fire or any other school.

Joe.

I quite agree, Myth has excellent resistance, critical, accuracy, and power. Not sure what exactly could or would be taken away, but Myth is definitely one of the toughest cookies in PvP.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

Earthquake is a powerful spell? It is a 6 pip spell that does the same damage as Humongofrog, it just removes all traps and wards.

Medusa is not overpowered, as if you play correctly, most bosses will be dead after the attack. So, the stun for 2 rounds is useless and the base damage was lowered because of this effect.

Myth also, has not gotten a powerful attack all spell since Humongofrog a level 4 spell. Sure, it has Earthquake, a level 6 spell, that does the same damage.

Myth now needs a powerful AoE spell, one that either does all the damage at once, or one that does double damage in the same round.

First of all let me state that power of school is based on PvP and not PvE since anyone can mindless attack hordes of them and win.

1. Yes I do admit that earthquake isn't exactly the best in damage ( actually later on in the game you find out with WW gear and a myth blade + colossal quake is actually not bad damage wise ) it still removes every charm and ward on your opponents ( yes I do understand they remove objects like traps or weaknesses but shielding yourself and simply using blades can easily fix that or better timing ) which if done correctly can be a turning point in a PvP battle.

2. Again you mention PvE, Medusa is overpowered in certain situations even if the stun doesn't go through because of conviction or stun blocks. Maybe its not the spell by itself that makes it overpowered but the fact that you have good overall stats a colossal and a blade and the opponent will usually not shield and use weakness instead in fear of you simply bombarding through it (or quake/shatter).

3. Neither has death? The only AoE they have is scarecrow which does horrible damage for a 7 pip spell ( I know it gives back half our health but 400 base damage is extremely low it should at least be 500-575 ). Humongofrog and earthquake costs less pips and still do better damage than that and earthquake in my opinion has a more deadly effect ( Its really easy to get one person down on their health if everyone focuses in on them but charms and shields gone is a problem ).

Transcended Death Warlord ~ Brandon Legendmask

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
CorbinW wrote:

All I can say is I've won my last ten matches against Transcended Conjurers. Fully bladed Basilisk or no fully bladed Basilisk. To be fair, I do carry Stun block, but it hasn't always come up. I'm sure I will eventually lose to a Transcended Conjurer and definitely won't come here to complain they are overpowered.

Going first or second hasn't mattered either.

And no, I don't carry Triage.

Stun block helps. A LOT.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

First of all let me state that power of school is based on PvP and not PvE since anyone can mindless attack hordes of them and win.

1. Yes I do admit that earthquake isn't exactly the best in damage ( actually later on in the game you find out with WW gear and a myth blade + colossal quake is actually not bad damage wise ) it still removes every charm and ward on your opponents ( yes I do understand they remove objects like traps or weaknesses but shielding yourself and simply using blades can easily fix that or better timing ) which if done correctly can be a turning point in a PvP battle.

I do quite agree, that an earthquake in PvP, right before storm attacks is very strategic and can be quite the turning point. But this again is a pro's vs con's issue. Sometimes it can help, sometimes it is better to use the frog and save pips!

2. Again you mention PvE, Medusa is overpowered in certain situations even if the stun doesn't go through because of conviction or stun blocks. Maybe its not the spell by itself that makes it overpowered but the fact that you have good overall stats a colossal and a blade and the opponent will usually not shield and use weakness instead in fear of you simply bombarding through it (or quake/shatter).

Point being, that damage is lowered from the spell, compared to other rank 8 spells, because of it's after effects. Not taking anything away from the power of Medusa, although, it should remove 2 stun resist shields, since it is supposed to stun for 2 rounds.

3. Neither has death? The only AoE they have is scarecrow which does horrible damage for a 7 pip spell ( I know it gives back half our health but 400 base damage is extremely low it should at least be 500-575 ). Humongofrog and earthquake costs less pips and still do better damage than that and earthquake in my opinion has a more deadly effect ( Its really easy to get one person down on their health if everyone focuses in on them but charms and shields gone is a problem ).

Transcended Death Warlord ~ Brandon Legendmask

Again, you can put a colossal on Scarecrow, use a 45% death blade, a 40% death blade and with death having a higher critical chance, that is quite a bit of damage + full heal. Sorry, but you make no ground on this comparison!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Myths were made to be solo people
Thats why they have a mass aresenal of effects
Minions/stun/destroy are just the weapons of a Myth

Solo is the the Myth code i believe

I soloed most of the game with my myth

Chase DragonSpear Lv.70 Myth
Flint SunStone Lv.35 Fire

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
You really want a argument of myth being overpowered?

Haha, never thought i'd see the day! It's official, every single school has now been critized on being "overpowered/underpowered"...

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
Nooo! don't complain about myth now!
we have always stayed the same power you just haven't realized cause storm has been nerfed. we have been the third strongest school all this time and now myth will be nerfed -.-

Level 70 conjurer

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
CorbinW wrote:

Don't say Myth is powerful too loud, let Balance and the External schools ( Fire, Ice and Storm) weaken themselves from the inside and then us Internal schools ( Myth, Life and Death ) will rein!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I don't see why Myth would need to be nerfed. My main wizard is William Rider, a Magus Conjurer, and as much as myth is great, It's not great in the area of damage. While my friends have Kraken, Skeletal Pirate, and Helephant, my best spell is minotaur. But I must admit, for what Myth lacks in damage and power, it makes up in well-roundedness. I can stun, pierce, ward, summon minions, and deal pretty good damage.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
myth has been one of the weakest schools since the begining and now they are as good as balance or ice in 1v1 when played right.

Really? I have friends that are balance and ice and I have owned them multiple times easily. Myth is all about strategy. Yesterday I easily beat a Legendary storm in 1v1. He was 63 and I am 56.Myth is mainly manipulatives.
BTW, was humungofrog 7 pips before?

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Haha, never thought i'd see the day! It's official, every single school has now been critized on being "overpowered/underpowered"...
Am sorry for the confusion but Corbin is complaining that no one is saying myth is overpowered and i respond to that by saying you really want a conflict of myth being overpowered my response was not in the way you thought again am sorry for the confusion.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
zackcatsteel wrote:
hanable33 wrote:

Really? I have friends that are balance and ice and I have owned them multiple times easily. Myth is all about strategy. Yesterday I easily beat a Legendary storm in 1v1. He was 63 and I am 56.Myth is mainly manipulatives.
BTW, was humungofrog 7 pips before?

Yes, Humongofrog was 7 pips before.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Am sorry for the confusion but Corbin is complaining that no one is saying myth is overpowered and i respond to that by saying you really want a conflict of myth being overpowered my response was not in the way you thought again am sorry for the confusion.

I am not "complaining", I am only being observant of how scarce complaints are for the power in Myth school. It was only something I found amusing and my post was not meant to be read as a complaint.

I honestly think that Myth Balance and Fire are the only schools that Kings Isle just can't mess up. They are the only three classes that KI has done so well with and are fantastic just as they are and I applaud that. Please don't see this thread as a complaint.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

you should look at the blades and traps of all school, myth blades and traps are the lowest and that is a fact. their damage is low also. you need to boost cards and blade and trap to hurt. storm can just hurt you as bad with less pips and no blades.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
CorbinW wrote:

True, those spells COULD be a problem (at least for a storm like me.). However, Convictions and Stun shields kill the additional effect of a stun, while using weaknesses and vaporizes instead of shields will have a greater effect on the damage they deal. I'd rather KI look at the school of storm first before they look at myth, I was quite surprised by the amount of nerfs storm had in comparison to the other schools, and that could be a potential reason as to why there are very little storm warlords.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm