Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do your Charectors have a Story?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
So, I was wondering, if your wizards have, like, a back story. Do you put any thought into how your wizard(s) fit into the storyline? My wizard Victoria CrowFlower (AKA deathlyvictoria) does have one in my mind she's the neice of Malistare (daughter would just be too Cliche) she a something against Life wizards (who knows why). She is known to sometime get upset with them, for no reason, (No, no , no! in my MIND not the game!). This might just be 'cause I'm a writer wannabe, and seem to make a story out of everything.
So do your wizards have a story?

Victoria CrowFlower, Death level 12
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I like to pretend that my big wizards on my Rihanna12 account are the big siblings of the low levels on my other GetFeatured accounts. Like my storm wizards Brittany Rainriver and Tatiana Nightsong are sisters, and also Caroline Sunbright and Cheyenne Starglade, and much more pairs.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:
I like to pretend that my big wizards on my Rihanna12 account are the big siblings of the low levels on my other GetFeatured accounts. Like my storm wizards Brittany Rainriver and Tatiana Nightsong are sisters, and also Caroline Sunbright and Cheyenne Starglade, and much more pairs.

If their sisters use a common last name I possible next time.it makes more scence.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
michaelgris11 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

If their sisters use a common last name I possible next time.it makes more scence.

I just like to pretend they are

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
deathlyvictoria wrote:
So, I was wondering, if your wizards have, like, a back story. Do you put any thought into how your wizard(s) fit into the storyline? My wizard Victoria CrowFlower (AKA deathlyvictoria) does have one in my mind she's the neice of Malistare (daughter would just be too Cliche) she a something against Life wizards (who knows why). She is known to sometime get upset with them, for no reason, (No, no , no! in my MIND not the game!). This might just be 'cause I'm a writer wannabe, and seem to make a story out of everything.
So do your wizards have a story?

Victoria CrowFlower, Death level 12
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."
HI CUZ! lol XD i am malistaires daughter but i took after mom oh yeah meet me in seraph realm one o clock central dye shop in Shopping District Sunday Janurary 9 2012 tell me yes or if the time or date doesnt work for you plz i will be in dye shop from 12:45 to 1:30 anyway in case you read it in the nick of time, i will be wearing dark green and white or solid dark green, and i will have a large sword equipped with a hero of unicorn way badge on lol Laura Drake level 46 Theurgist ty :-D

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
James Skullwielder is my main wizard and first. He is a transcended death student. I write books and I actually wrote one about him. I might send it to the website, it's a really big saga. His summarized story is:

James was born in a small cottage. His mother was Sylvia Drake and father the evil Malistare. After having the baby, Sylvia became unknowingly ill and died leaving Malistare and his secret baby alone. Malistare's anger tore the death school apart as for young James was to be left crying on the cold stone of ravenwood. Cyrus picked him up and rushed him to the human world, being the only other knowing Malistare had a baby. At the age of 12, James is recovered by Dworgyn to the wizarding world. He must face five years of terror for the ultimate war of the spiral against Malistare. In the sequel to the saga, Morganthe is discovered to have poisoned Sylvia for her revenge on Sylvia taking her old boy-friend... lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
First of all, I loveloveLOVE threads like these! I'm a writer as well- I recently wrote a novel based on this game for fun, so all of my wizards (and I have 18 of them, between 3 accounts) have personalities. There are too many to list here, but here are a couple of my favourites:

Shadowsong (Balance):

She has no known first name, history or surviving relatives; was taken in by the Order of the Fang at a very young age and trained by Alhazred as a vigilante/protector. She is resourceful, prefers to work alone, and is at her best when she's fighting evil- about halfway through, there is a rather unfortunate run-in with Malistaire, but her creative problem-solving is what wins the day.

Scarlet Skullhammer (Death):

Scar is young and fiery, but reckless and inexperienced. She takes huge risks, for the chance of a huge payoff- taking on enemies far stronger than she is, tormenting Life wizards, and selling her soul to Malistaire, in exchange for a powerful siphoning spell, are just some of the ridiculous messes that she gets into.

Tavia Summershield (Life):

A simple country-girl from Wysteria, she is very gentle and loving; likes school, helping out on her parents' farm, and riding her pony, Starshine. Of course, she doesn't like to fight; instead, she focuses on healing others- including Scar, her arch-nemesis, and Malistaire. Her best friend is her dormmate, Erin, a feisty Scottish girl who is always up for some tea and fairy cakes.

Angela Nightflame and Blaze Firefist (Fire):

They are the most oddly-matched twins in the Spiral- he's a hot-tempered troublemaker, who is constantly causing trouble in the Arena, and she is a gentle soul who likes everyone. They get along famously, but the one thing they don't agree on is Ice wizards- why does she like them so much, when he would gladly be rid of them?

-

Happy writing, everyone!

L.S.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
My person, Maria Drake, is the daughter of Malistaire , but netheir of them know this. As she juroneys through the spiral, she learns more about herself and her ties with her father :D

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Malistaire's Neice! Also a long lost daughter of a Ice wyvryn and Great Great Grand daughter of Grand mother raven . Too much going on p.s.Meet me in dye shop on Jan. 14th saturday in dye shop! xoxo Allison Goldweaver lvl 39 ice wiz P.s. Remember, long LOST daughter adopted by syrus drake. LOL! P.S. If a relative of The drake family meet me 2! :D

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
my fire

Destiny summerflower is a powerful apprentence pyromancer thats known to have a carefree additude wherever she travels but when she is in danger of losing a fight her cool goes down and she starts growing hot headed temporarly
thus allowing her to defeat anyone she meets by using her personality

my ice

Destiny iceflame is a powerfull grandmaster ice and is very kind in many ways
she loves gardening and spends lots of time in the arena and when she does pvp
she does it using only fair spells and gear no exploits whatsoever like the old glitch with death minotaur or anything crazy like that

she is honest and hardworking but always gets sometime to relax and eat a ice cream cone with her pet piggles

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
michaelgris11 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

Well the way it makes sense of being siblings is because they're both the same school.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Cool thread. I think most people give at least some "story" to their avatars--it's one of the fun things about role-playing games. I haven't thought this out in as much detail as some of you, but I do have a vague idea about my wizards. I've got three Tabithas, my "spirit" sisters. Tabitha Mythrider was my first--I didn't pick her last name, just took the one the computer chose--because I was only playing to help my son out, and was pretty sure I'd be quitting after a few weeks. :? Which is now pretty funny. Anyway, my Myth is the big sister who does all the work for the others. She's the only Legendary Artisan, so she crafts for everyone. She's had to work hard for everything--it took like 15 failed hatches for her to get a pet with Spritely and Spell-Proof, for example. My second Tabitha is Death, and everything is easy for her. She's the spoiled middle kid. Her Scarecrow got Spritely the first time. She gets all the amazing furniture drops--even totally rare ones. And of course she's Death, so she never gets killed in battle. My third Tabitha is Life, and she's the baby sister. She seems nicer than the others, but lacks that Killer Instinct. She has a pet that heals like crazy (with Unicorn and Spritely), but it has no other redeeming qualities. She lives in a Desert Villa because she likes to make things grow in inhospitable environments--she's got a very green thumb, naturally. She's hates when her older sisters argue, which they do all the time. :-)

My second group are all called Abigail, and only my Storm has really grown up enough to have a personality. She's in Mooshu. The other two are still in Wizard City, so I don't know how they will turn out. Time will tell. I suspect the Fire and the Ice will have some squabbles...but we'll have to see.

Tabby/Abby

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
My main char, Jasmine Icecrafter, does:

Jasmine was the daughter of the dragon titan. She was born from a fire in dragonspyre and was the only human to survive when Malistare destroyed her world. After she found that she was the ony human still alive, Jasmine decided to live in the drake hatchery, the older drakes taught her how to master fire magic and flew her around the spiral to learn about the other worlds. She learned the basics of life magic in Mooshu. In Celestia and Grizzlehiem, the worlds of storm and ice, she met the other two elemental masters; Kiera Seabreeze from Celestia and Melissa Thunderwhisper from grizzlehiem. The girls soon became friends and defeated Malistare and are currently chasing after morganthe. The girls also hope there is a group of spirit school masters, for a little friendly competition.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

First of all, I loveloveLOVE threads like these! I'm a writer as well- I recently wrote a novel based on this game for fun, so all of my wizards (and I have 18 of them, between 3 accounts) have personalities.

Nice, those were great back stories.
I enjoyed reading them :)

Maybe one day you can upload longer versions to the fan fiction section?

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
My characters are currently involved in a fanfiction I want to send in (have to shorten each chapter though), so each of them have a story, although it is kind of awkward at times since most of them have the same first name, I found a way to fit it in the story line.

My storm, which was my first wizard, is Amber Stormsong. She is around level 42 at the beginning of the story, but that is actually her level when she enrolls in Wizard City, it's because she was trained when she was young but got involved in an accident and sent to Earth, where she lived with her adoptive parents. Before the accident she was actually on Malisatre's side, although they learn that he really isn't the one behind everything, after all, when Sylvia died did he just remember learning how to take over the spiral? The person who told him how actually turns out to be Amber Stormsong's mom.

My death wizard is Amber Soulhunter, a powerful adept necromancer at the beginning of the story. She and my storm wizard meet in pvp, where she actually beats my storm due to her not remembering exactly how to fight well. Amber Soulhunter is found to be Malistare's daughter and former head of his attempts at getting rid of every student with the power to defeat him. She is very secretive at times, and extremely protective of her friends and little sister.

My balance wizard is Amber Sandrunner, a carefree and slightly wild magus who is working on Marleybone still. She is actually caught hosting a party at my death wizard's house (and isn't really her friend until later in the story because they are so different), she doesn't act like it, but she is actually strong when she wants to be, although a bit of a judgement spammer in the story (but not as much in the game).

My fire wizard is Amber Drake, a six year old novice pyromancer and my death wizard's little sister. Amazingly, her older sister managed to convince her that the last name didn't mean anything (although it seems obvious, Amber Drake is only six). She is different from her sister in many ways, although when she is mad she nearly disintegrates someone.

My life wizard is Taylor Emeraldspear, an initiate who was meant to replace the original life wizard meant to help, which is why she doesn't have the same name. She was one of the few wizards who learned how to fight without a dueling circle, and uses it to her advantage. She is very powerful when there are no restrictions on the fight, and while was absent for some of the story was the only resistance when the school was taken over.

My ice wizard is Amber Hexblood, an adept wizard working at the library instead of fighting to earn money. She is really all facts, and new to the group when she comes in, but she helps them out and eventually is the one to truely finish thier quest (which you will know if i ever get my fanfiction posted).

My myth wizard is... a little hard to explain. She was originally Amber Hexblade, daughter of Cyrus Drake, but do to the fact she had the power to be a full storm and myth wizard, she was seperated into two people, a myth and a storm. She was remaned Iridian and Sestiva Hexblade, and is now the weird twins atRavenwood. Her other half, Sestiva, often either finishes her sentences like they were still the same person, or says the same thing at the exact time, and often moves like the other half when not concetrating.

Eh, its kind of mixed up, but it makes more sense in the story line. Sorry for making this post so long

Amber Stormsong level 58 diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
loki1201 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

First of all, I loveloveLOVE threads like these! I'm a writer as well- I recently wrote a novel based on this game for fun, so all of my wizards (and I have 18 of them, between 3 accounts) have personalities.

Nice, those were great back stories.
I enjoyed reading them :)

Maybe one day you can upload longer versions to the fan fiction section?

That's a great idea- I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Unfortunately, I lost the novel when my laptop's hard-drive fried... But , with the help of this game and Sims Medieval, I'm working a rewrite. Perhaps I'll upload a completed version when I'm done or I'll post it to my blog~ some of the combat scenes are probably a little graphic for the forums.

Nice stories, everyone~ good to know I'm not the only one who gives my characters personalities. :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Rowan has no last name as she was orphaned as an infant
but it seems no one wanted the baby.
so she was placed in a home for the unwanted.

why was she unwanted?

well her fiery red hair set her apart
from the towns folk and
they wanted nothing to do with her.
after all they were all Sun Folk
whose hair shone the color of the Sun...

time went on till Rowan was about age 7
that she grew tired of how people would ridicule her
and other children where cruel to her
because she looked different from them.

Rowan took what few things she had and stole away in to the dark time
when no one was about for fear of evil things the lurked in the dark.

Far out away from the town,deep in the Ruins,
Rowan found an abandoned stone hovel.
It gave her some protection from the elements so she moved in.
The Ruins bordered on the farm lands
so she had no problem getting food.
Soon she found she could make a small fire
if she thought about it hard enough
when she looked at the tinder in the old stone hearth.

All went well the rest of the spring
and all through summer.
When the weather began to turn cold
there became more activity in and around the Ruins.

Towns folk had come to investigate
the rumors of a evil spirit
who was now inhabiting the Ruins.....

it about this time that Headmaster Ambrose
sensed Rowans presence in the Spiral and
set about to locate her and bring her to Ravenwood.

and now you know the rest of the story.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
These are all fantastic, guys~ I have enjoyed reading them. :)

One thing that strikes me as amusing is all of the relations to Malistaire (daughter, niece, etc.). I decided against that because, as much fun as it would have been to make Shadowsong an evil Balance wizard, it was better for all involved in the plot that I didn't go there.

She does have her moments, though, since she shares the stage with him for a fair bit of the book. Malistaire asks her to join him, but she hates him and won't do it, so he steals her soul and turns her into the Mistress of Death.

As the MoD, Shadowsong returns to Ravenwood and attacks her mentor, but Ambrose figures out a way to restore her to her former state. Upon recovery, she chooses to return to Malistaire, under the impression that he still has her soul, and infiltrate his defenses from the inside. She eventually wins his trust, and he begins to let his guard down around her, which puts her in a perfect position to overthrow him and take Dragonspyre for herself. Whether or not she does is still unknown...

Keep writing, guys~ can't wait to hear more!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
time for mine (i also gave them quotes. gotta find a post with them someday)

quinn ironsword: balance

quinn is a normal boy in a nice neighbor hood. one day when he went on a walk, a volcano came up from the earth and grew very big. he thought about climbing up but it erupted and quinn fell in a hole. he knocked his head and was unconcious. when he woke up, he found himself in a shining cave. after walking a little, everything went black and he found a sprite (not the fairy ones, but the flying lights) which gave him magical powers and he got drowsy, then went to a deep sleep. when he woke up, he found himself in a new world, with creatures thought to be legends. he has come to a new story

david silvercloud: ice

david is a young boy enjoying winter. he is known to dive in snow and sometimes ice cold water in his summer clothes, which made people think he was crazy. his nickname in school was jack frost and he won dares and bets which was related to cold stuff. he once slept in the big freezer in his house, but that was a mistake since he froze to a big ice cube and melted away with it. that made his family think he was dead, but what he truly was is resurrected in halstons lab

luis nightwalker: death

this little boy walks out of his house at night into the graveyard to admire the graves. he always pretended to practice necromancy but sometimes got carried away and dug up the bodies, which didnt end up pretty. he went missing at a cemetery one night when there was thought to be a zombie apocalysm

duncan anvilpants: myth

duncan is a fine boy who believes in a lot of things. he loves myths and stories and would love to actually see them, but people called him crazy, which made him mad. he then practiced conjuring skills in front of a big crowd but ended up in total humiliation. he then disappeared the day after. how he did it is unknown

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hmm, I gotta give thought to this, as I never thought up a story for Stormglade or Ironflame before. Or Frosthammer, Or Deathbringer, or-you get the idea. I'll think about it and post tomorrow or sometime when I have one lol.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Oops, just got brainwave. Here goes:

Young Paul was an ordinary boy living in an ordinary neighborhood. Well, almost ordinary boy living in an almost ordinary neighborhood. Paul would tinker with his inventions by a nice fire, drinking ice water. One day, he created the unimaginable: A teleporter, leading to distant realms! Or anywhere within a three mile radius, whichever came first. Nobody believed him, so he organized a public demonstration. When he turned it on, he was absorbed into a vortex of light, along with his teleporter! He woke up a few minutes later in the middle of the Commons, surrounded by very concerned students. Maybe it was because he had been unconscious, maybe it was because his legs were glowing blue, his hands were burning, and the rest of him was crackling with electricity. To this day, nobody can be sure. Headmaster Ambrose took him in and gave him a placement test. He scored equally excellent in Ice, Storm, and Fire magics. Never before had this happened, and nobody knew what to think until they learned what had happened to Paul: He had split into three personalities, each with their own masteries! Paul Stormglade was a calculating, intelligent, and somewhat eccentric Master of Divination, and could summon monsters of the sea and the power of electricity and wind to battle his foes. Combined with his unique ability to generate machines from nowhere, this made him a deadly foe. Paul Ironflame was a kind but hot-headed Pyromancer with devestating heat-based powers, and could transform water to lava. Paul Frostmancer was a valiant but absent-minded Ice wizard who was weaker in Power then the others, but had immense capacity for damage absorption. So much so, in fact, that he was granted the advanced power of draining the foe of their energy and discharging it against them in the form of the spell they were going to cast. These versions of Paul would change according to when the situation required it, or the consciousness of the original Paul would switch between them at will. Combining the might of his alter egos, Paul defeated Malistaire and is well on the way to saving the Spiral from Morganthe!

Enjoy, and sorry for the double post.

Defender
May 17, 2011
my wizard saffron firehunter was captured by malistare and forced to work for him to do his evil bidding, but before she could do anything really bad she escaped, and is now out to get malistare. also, she is hiding from myth magic and cyrus drake because he is so much like malistare.

i am working on writing a book based on that lol. hope it turns out ok .

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
laulenak wrote:
my wizard saffron firehunter was captured by malistare and forced to work for him to do his evil bidding, but before she could do anything really bad she escaped, and is now out to get malistare. also, she is hiding from myth magic and cyrus drake because he is so much like malistare.

This is almost the same as what happens to my poor wizard, too! Only difference is, she's not afraid of Cyrus Drake~ if anything, he is afraid of her. :P

Just wrote my new ending, and it's awesome... It's horribly-cruel, but still better than the old one :D Good luck with your book... Mine was really fun to write; took me back to when I was a kid and actually had an imagination. :P

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
laulenak wrote:

Sounds like Son of Neptune :D(Gaya forces Hazel to summon a giant)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
laulenak wrote:

I just reread this and noticed that your wizard escapes before things get ugly... mine doesn't. Poor Shadowsong is subject to quite a few of Malistaire's horrible 'experiments' before she escapes, but she eventually pays him back with his own cruelty.

When the Order of the Fang comes for her, Alhazred tries to attack Malistaire. But Shadowsong steps in front of him and says, "don't touch him. T'would be far crueler, should he live- alone, and in eternal suffering."

Ouch!

-

This time next year, the completed version will (probably) be available on my blog, as some scenes are a bit graphic for the forums. If I can tone it down some, I'll probably post a kid-friendly version to the fan-fic section as well.