Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance needs improvement on their blades

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
balance blade is not fair 25%? thats so underpowered i think balance blade should be 40% to next damage BALANCE spell and bladestorm needs improvement too it should be +35% to next 3 BALANCE damage spell to all enemies and balance should get another spell that is +30% to next 3 BALANCE damage spells (trap)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Have you learned about percentages in school yet? 25% is equal to 1/4, so one fourth of the damage of your spell is being added on. If your spell does 100 damage, and you add 25%, you get 125 damage. 20% is a little less, but that's because it's to all of your team. Once you add other blades and traps, the damage really starts to stack up...

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
That wouldn't be good because if you read the description on the schools it says under balance, this school has buffs to buff other schools. Imagine a balance buffing a death with a plus 40, then they use a plus 40, death trap plus 35, and feint plus 70.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
eggywig wrote:
Have you learned about percentages in school yet? 25% is equal to 1/4, so one fourth of the damage of your spell is being added on. If your spell does 100 damage, and you add 25%, you get 125 damage. 20% is a little less, but that's because it's to all of your team. Once you add other blades and traps, the damage really starts to stack up...
balance never stacks up there damage they have weak blades i cant evan hit more than 4000 with ra!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
eggywig wrote:
That's why you get Dragonblade pets so you can REALLY stack up :D

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
eggywig wrote:
balance never stacks up there damage they have weak blades i cant evan hit more than 4000 with ra!

Dude, no offense but that's just really your damage boost failing on you. I hit 1000+ BASE with Ra. Also, I have:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Hex
Bladestorm
So maybe I could hit 4000 with Ra, if I critical.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I am gonna say is if there is a new world soon, the need to add a blade just for balance. Not a blade that anyone can use, just balance.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
klaeb2 wrote:
I am gonna say is if there is a new world soon, the need to add a blade just for balance. Not a blade that anyone can use, just balance.

I agree with you. I have a lvl 59 Balance wizard and I have done just fine with her and the blades she currently uses.

Saadkhan123, you just need to learn to use what your wizard has to the best advantage.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
balance blade is not fair 25%? thats so underpowered i think balance blade should be 40% to next damage BALANCE spell and bladestorm needs improvement too it should be +35% to next 3 BALANCE damage spell to all enemies and balance should get another spell that is +30% to next 3 BALANCE damage spells (trap)
For 1: This is the 3rd time (i am not going in order i dont think) that i have seen you complain.
Second: 25% + 20% = 45%

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Whoa there, saadkhan. You're overpowering the blades and traps... by a LOT. You just need to learn how to use enough blades and traps. So let's put a graph here:

Let's say your Balance damage increase is 20%. When you combine your blades together, you can get this:

25% + 20% + 30% + 20% = a whooping 95%! That's nearly TWICE the damage.
(Balance Blade, Bladestorm, Dragonblade, Damage Increase)

Now, I am a Balance wizard, so sometimes I do think that our blades are a bit weak. But, we can buff ANYONE. Not just Balance, anyone! If say you aren't a Balance but you have a Balance friend who gave you the same blades as above, (minus the damage increase) you get an even LARGER damage boost. Let's say your a Life in this scenario, and your Life damage increase is 20% again:

25% + 20% + 30% + 40% + 20% = 135%! That's awesome!
(Balance Blade, Bladestorm, Dragonblade, Life Blade, Damage Increase)

And that is the beauty of Balance's various blades. :)

-Daniel SoulWalker, Level 47 Master Sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Balance blade boosts all schools. That is why it is the lowest. So either deal with it or make a wizard of a different class. Sorry if that sounded rude it's just the way it is (plus i feel really tired and am stressed out about my upcoming auditions).