Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Reminders

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
So i guess this kind of belongs here, under problems. It is about Membership renewal. I was not playing Wizards for a while and the automatic renewal was a problem. I believe KI should send out a reminder a week before the membership renews and the day it does as well, for i think it is ridiculous that if you forget about it you automatically get charged 60$.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Hawk337 wrote:
So i guess this kind of belongs here, under problems. It is about Membership renewal. I was not playing Wizards for a while and the automatic renewal was a problem. I believe KI should send out a reminder a week before the membership renews and the day it does as well, for i think it is ridiculous that if you forget about it you automatically get charged 60$.

Not to be rude, but KI staff have game issues to deal with and can't just monitor account renewals. That is our responsibility as the paying customer.
If you know you are not going to be playing, then you should disable your account to stop the charges until you are ready to play again.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
What I do is as soon as I purchase the membership and the order is complete I automatically stop the renewal. That way I just pay for the months I want. Its better to have to renew when ur playing than to keep getting charged when ur not!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Whether the fault lies in the subscriber or the company is irrelevant. A GOOD business will do exactly what the OP said. When something involves other peoples' money, every little courtesy should be done to inform when it is taken. That is just GOOD mannerism. Especially since money is usually a very touchy subject to play around with.

I had subscribed to Xbox Live when I bought my Xbox 360 elite. It was also a yearly thing, for about 50-60 dollars a year, or something like that. I sold my Xbox 360, realizing that I don't ever play it, ever. I never liked Xbox anyway, I always stuck with Sony's Playstation. But I don't even play my Playstation 3. It sure looks pretty sitting ontop of my entertainment center, though.

I completely forgot about my subscription, when I noticed that a chunk of money was automatically withdrawn from my bank account for Xbox Live. I remained perfectly calm, called Xbox Live support, and staying respectful, told them about my situation. They refunded my money in the end.

A GOOD company will do that. So far, although seemingly very greedy, KI has given me no reason to believe that they wouldn't try taking the OP's situation under consideration to resolve his issue.