Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why a Storm DoT won't help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Honestly you guys fight too much! Debating and layering insults
Isn't going to get you anywhere. No matter how much you wizards fight each other isn't going to change KI's decisions. Let it be and let each school have its specialty, I see arguments about ice school's massive resist or storms critical and damage but what you don't see is that they had to work for it. Please stop all this fighting complaining wont get you anywhere. I feel that you all should apologize to each other and start fresh :)
Anthony Lifeheart
Level 48 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I'm going to decide to take a side in this. So, it's DoT vs. no DoT, am I correct? There have been some great points. But what you people don't understand is what power is the DoT? You can't fight against something that you don't know of yet,can you?

So, if this DoT were to hit moon damage, but the third hit to be Storm, would that make the idea so much better? Storm blades wouldn't break, which would be a good and a bad thing at the same time. Then, Storm can cover up with a Storm attack, Leviathan for example. (This is a terrible idea in my opinion, most likely in yours)

I'm going to throw that idea away. Now, back on topic. When Storm attacks, is it the end of the world? I can show you an example of Storm's most powerful spell, Leviathan, and how much it hits on an average level 70 wizard. Ignoring the fact of which school.
1020 is the damage of Leviathan correct? I remember that argument of 1020 or 1030, so I will show examples of both, to ignore it that fight.
1020+90% (The average Storm wizard's damage boost)=1938. I'm going to stop doing mental math now.
1030+90%=1957 damage. Alright, now! The average resist would be around 42-55%!
1938-42%=1124 WEAK!
1957-42%=1135. Still weak! Now, with 55% resist!
872 or 880. Haha, very strong for 8 pips. Now, a DoT, would that be so powerful?

I'm going to say 1 thing that might make you all mad: You're ALL wrong.
You forgot Spritely and how often it happens didn't you?! Well, guess what, Spritely would make the DoT even weaker! O:

And also! May cast Unicorn! Happens 35% less often then Spritely! Yup, the DoT would be soooo strong. Now, if the wizard had Weakness/Efreet weakness/triple Storm Shield/ Plague/Virulent Plague. The DoT would be even weaker. I made a post why Storm shouldn't have a DoT, and it's in the past now, and same as my thoughts. I can tell you a bunch of reasons why it's OK to get a DoT:
Does nobody ever think to shield!? Shields were even with a DoT! Just not as effectively.
Spritely happens about 5 times per round!
MC Unicorn is a great help!
No one thought that heals were worthy
Resist has gone pretty high now
DoT's were never troublesome in the first place.

Now that I've made my point of view obvious, hopefully to change yours. I'll stick to it until I have some reasoning, or until I end up pvping and actually losing against a Storm.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
RosamaryH wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Dear RosadarthmaryjHt:

You seem to have missed what I was implying by going back and forth with your names. Whether or not you are the same person in real life is irrelevant. The posts are written in the same style, make the same points, use the same debate tactics, coin the same phrases, and even share the same mutual love of awkwardly placed exclamation marks. It doesn't matter if you share a body, you certain share a mind.

For your information Mr. Gtarhannon,

An Exclamation is:
The exclamation mark, also referred to as an exclamation point, bang, or dembanger, is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example:
“Watch out!”

This punctuation mark is called, in the newspaper world, "a screamer, a gasper, [or] a startler".

History of the Exclamation mark:

The exclamation mark comes from the term “note of admiration”, in which admiration referred to its Latin sense of wonderment. One theory of its origin is that it was originally a Latin exclamation of “joy” (io), written with the “I” above the “o”.
The exclamation mark was introduced into English printing in the 15th century, and was called the “sign of admiration or exclamation” or the “note of admiration” until the mid-17th century.

Usage of the Exclamation mark:

A sentence ending in an exclamation mark is an actual exclamation (“Wow!”, “Boo!”), the imperative mood (“Stop!”), or intended to be
astonishing or show astonishment: “There were the footprints of a gigantic duck!” Exclamation points can also be placed mid-sentence with a
function similar to a comma: “On the walk, oh! there was a frightful noise.” Casually, exclamation marks may be repeated for additional emphasis

The exclamation mark is sometimes used in conjunction with the question mark. This can be in protest or astonishment ("Out of all places; the squatter-camp?!") however this can be replaced with a single,
nonstandard punctuation mark, the interrobang, which is the union of a question mark and an exclamation point.

Some authors , most notably Tom Wolfe, are known for unashamedly liberal use of the exclamation mark.

In comic books, the very frequent use of exclamation mark is common!

This is what an Exclamation mark is. Now, I do use them occasionally or sometimes even frequently, especially when I am emphasising a point.
Alright come on guys we are getting really off topic, now i do agree that a silly trained dot wouldn't make any difference because there is something called shatter which only costs 3 pips! there are other different tactics but i stick to that one with my life wizard. There are so many opportunities for storm wizards but they aren't taking advantage which angers me the most

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Dear RosadarthmaryjHt:

You seem to have missed what I was implying by going back and forth with your names. Whether or not you are the same person in real life is irrelevant. The posts are written in the same style, make the same points, use the same debate tactics, coin the same phrases, and even share the same mutual love of awkwardly placed exclamation marks. It doesn't matter if you share a body, you certain share a mind.

For your information Mr. Gtarhannon,

An Exclamation is:
The exclamation mark, also referred to as an exclamation point, bang, or dembanger, is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example:
“Watch out!”

This punctuation mark is called, in the newspaper world, "a screamer, a gasper, [or] a startler".

History of the Exclamation mark:

The exclamation mark comes from the term “note of admiration”, in which admiration referred to its Latin sense of wonderment. One theory of its origin is that it was originally a Latin exclamation of “joy” (io), written with the “I” above the “o”.
The exclamation mark was introduced into English printing in the 15th century, and was called the “sign of admiration or exclamation” or the “note of admiration” until the mid-17th century.

Usage of the Exclamation mark:

A sentence ending in an exclamation mark is an actual exclamation (“Wow!”, “Boo!”), the imperative mood (“Stop!”), or intended to be
astonishing or show astonishment: “There were the footprints of a gigantic duck!” Exclamation points can also be placed mid-sentence with a
function similar to a comma: “On the walk, oh! there was a frightful noise.” Casually, exclamation marks may be repeated for additional emphasis

The exclamation mark is sometimes used in conjunction with the question mark. This can be in protest or astonishment ("Out of all places; the squatter-camp?!") however this can be replaced with a single,
nonstandard punctuation mark, the interrobang, which is the union of a question mark and an exclamation point.

Some authors , most notably Tom Wolfe, are known for unashamedly liberal use of the exclamation mark.

In comic books, the very frequent use of exclamation mark is common!

This is what an Exclamation mark is. Now, I do use them occasionally or sometimes even frequently, especially when I am emphasising a point.
Alright come on guys we are getting really off topic, now i do agree that a silly trained dot wouldn't make any difference because there is something called shatter which only costs 3 pips! there are other different tactics but i stick to that one with my life wizard. There are so many opportunities for storm wizards but they aren't taking advantage which angers me the most

Storm wizards are trying their best to take advantage, but there's a slight problem. After that Shatter, what do you think would happen? More shields would drop in obviously. No one just stops defending themselves against a Storm wizard. They're going to Reshuffle, or just use the spare shields that they already have. The DoT maybe wouldn't be strong, and believe it or not, Storm wizards would love that!