Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spectral Minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
Hello.
I want to report a bug. When my Spectral Minion is storm, he heals himself every round, while i am dying, and his Taunt doesn't work. I hopw you guys do something about that, because i could survive a hard battle if he had healed me every time i needed.

P.S.: He had full health.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
rafael2010 wrote:
Hello.
I want to report a bug. When my Spectral Minion is storm, he heals himself every round, while i am dying, and his Taunt doesn't work. I hopw you guys do something about that, because i could survive a hard battle if he had healed me every time i needed.

P.S.: He had full health.

Unfortunately, he is working as designed. The problem with the spectral minion spell is that you never know what you're going to get. I generally only cast it if it happens to come up early and I haven't started dealing damage or healing just in case I get this minion. The taunt spell will work, but its effect is weighed against what you are doing. Basically it makes the enemies think that the minion is more "threatening", but if you have already started dishing out damage or healing, you could easily be considered the larger threat for some time.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
The minion is still lame. I cast it at the beginning of a duel, and it healed itself four times in a row, then shields three times in a row, then started taunting, too late to do any good.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
I've purchased lvl 40-70 henchmen that do the same thing and that's crowns not well spent. What a rip.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
What gtarhannon said! If you have dished out some damage before you used the minion, the enemy still sees you as a larger threat. A good idea is to cast the minion, then blade and trap until you can hit them hard!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's not a bug. That's how the storm minion works. I have a storm wizard and don't even have it loaded in my deck because it's utterly useless. Sadly, with the spectral minion, you never know which minion you'll get. I'd use the helpful mander instead. :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Yes, the Spectral Minion is basically useless.

My Balance wizard is Lvl 59 and uses the Helpful Mander. Even though he does not give a heal, he does give me shields and a couple of pips every few rounds and this does help my wizard to be able to heal when I need to. Plus, Helpful Mander does help with the battle instead of just taunting and shielding self.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
I agree, the spectral minion is useless. A minions role in a duel is to support the player.

The storm minion uses sprites and shields to protect itself from harm and uses threat to draw the enemy's attacks. A good strategy in theory, but when you reach a certain level where you can use spells of a higher caliber, the raise in threat is insufficient to stop the enemy from attacking you, and begin attacking the minion. This inconvenience therefore renders the sprite spells and shields useless, and the minion is just a waste of space where a competent player could join into the battle.

The fire minion is more effective to get in battle, but still has it's flaws. It uses link as it's primary attack, but it only has one more besides. The lack of attack spells is a disadvantage, but it is known to use spells such as fire shield and Glacial shield. I am more satisfied with this minion than the storm minion, but it could still use improvement.

The ice minion is by far the best of the three different minions that the spectral minion spell provides. It is aggressive and helpful. As a balance wizard you have access to spells which use ice in it's attack (Hydra and Spectral Blast) and the ice traps and charms it may give you are helpful in that circumstance. The aggressiveness is an advantage. It allows you to end the duel quicker than if the storm minion just sat by and built up shields and heal over time spells on itself.

I see no need to change the properties of the ice minion, but the storm minion requires major change and the fire minion needs minor tweaking, but if that is done, the spectral minion will hopefully be worth using again. If anyone has anything to add to this comment, I would be happy to hear it and i hope Wizard101 staff will notice this problem and repair it in their next update.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
In my opinion, other than helpful mander, Balance does not need a minion.

But, spectral minion is just one of those spells I have a feeling I would really like. Fire minion is perfect the way it is, in my opinion.

Storm minion is fine the way it is, in my opinion, since Storm school needs no outside sources of damage to begin with.

Ice minion, right along with Death minion, is way too overpowered. And in my opinion, neither class need minions.

The only classes I would allow minions is the helpful mander for balance, Sprite minion for Life, and the minions for the minion class, Myth. Fire honestly does not need a minion, but since the Fire elemental deals low level dots, I would not consider it overpowered.