Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats with the bands?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2009
I know some one else already pointed it out, be seriously? Walflowers? Beatles? Lounghing Lizards? I looked all of them up! Whats with the 60 band names? What are you time travlers comeing to amaze children of today with the bands of anchint? I'm onto you people!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Okay Jay, these bands are not ancient, they're classic. In MooShu, Blue Oyster Cult. Marleybone, Stray Cat Strut. I didn't notice this either, until I read your post. Went in and spoke to my husband, since he did all of these Zeke quests, and I went "Wow, that's kind of fun!!". You should do more than look up the band names. You should listen to them. They're not as ancient as you think, and they're much better than say, Eminem or Britney Spears. Music like that, doesn't roll around anymore.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Defender
Jan 20, 2010
jayrose5555 wrote:
I know some one else already pointed it out, be seriously? Walflowers? Beatles? Lounghing Lizards? I looked all of them up! Whats with the 60 band names? What are you time travlers comeing to amaze children of today with the bands of anchint? I'm onto you people!

Not all of them were 60's bands, in fact i think The Beatles is the only name from a 60's band, the rest are 80's and 90's if i remember correctly.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
MedievalManor wrote:
Okay Jay, these bands are not ancient,

Ok I do know they're like 60 and 70 bands but I just said their ancient and as joke.

Defender
May 01, 2011
it is sort of wierd how they are mostly names of bands. i dont see how in grizzleheim the hunting quest is The yard birds. or the wintertusk quest:The Troggs. or dragonspyres quest: the stone roses. or celestia's lounging lizards. even zafaria's sock monkeys

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I love easter eggs in wizard101! When you first get to Drum Jungle in Zafaria, the quest says :Welcome to the Jungle (Guns and roses anybody?) Malistare quest: The final countdown (Oh, everyone knows that song!!! ) Wizard101 mixes the real world into the game creatively. Nice work KI!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
it is sort of wierd how they are mostly names of bands. i dont see how in grizzleheim the hunting quest is The yard birds. or the wintertusk quest:The Troggs. or dragonspyres quest: the stone roses. or celestia's lounging lizards. even zafaria's sock monkeys

The sock monkeys and the troggs are bands I know. But stone roses andd lounging lizards I have no idea. I know beatles and smiths too...

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I like the band names! I guess it might be since i know them and i am a younger player. I wonder how they would do with duran duran....

Destiny Ashstone
Grandmaster theurgist
lvl 54

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
stone roses,smiths,troggs,yard birds, or sock monkeys and lounging lizards
i fail to see these as bands i think it might have been a coincidence with no intent of band names stray cats they dont refer to the band (idk if there is one not big on remembering eho sings what and etc.) scarabs do not refer to beattles because they might be one buit it fits egyption theme blue oyster cult eh never heard of a band similar

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
jayrose5555 wrote:
True, but I love how they do that, I dont know why they do it but its awesome, I think they are trying to make younger generations listen to awesome music, and most of them aren't sixties names, like example in the pet pavillion (spelling) the pet egg shop is called Pet Shop Boys and the snack place is the west end girls, so eighties, lol pet shop boys' song west end girls? PS :) i noticed that

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:

The sock monkeys and the troggs are bands I know. But stone roses andd lounging lizards I have no idea. I know beatles and smiths too...

Stone Roses are a band, pretty sure Lounghing Lizards are too.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
blaze552563 wrote:
stone roses,smiths,troggs,yard birds, or sock monkeys and lounging lizards
i fail to see these as bands i think it might have been a coincidence with no intent of band names stray cats they dont refer to the band (idk if there is one not big on remembering eho sings what and etc.) scarabs do not refer to beattles because they might be one buit it fits egyption theme blue oyster cult eh never heard of a band similar

Ok, let me google this for you.

The Smiths were an English alternative rock band, formed in Manchester in 1982. Based on the song writing partnership of Morrissey (vocals) and Johnny Marr (guitar), the band also included Andy Rourke (bass) and Mike Joyce (drums). Critics have called them the most important alternative rock band to emerge from the British independent music scene of the 1980s.

Stray Cats are an American rockabilly band formed in 1980 by guitarist/vocalist Brian Setzer (Bloodless Pharaohs/Brian Setzer Orchestra), upright bassist Lee Rocker and Slim Jim Phantom (drums) in the Long Island town of Massapequa, New York. The group had numerous hit singles in the UK, Australia and the U.S. including "Stray Cat Strut", "Look at That Cadillac," "I Won't Stand in Your Way", "Bring it Back Again", and "Rock This Town", which the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has listed as one of the 500 most important songs in the history of rock

Blue Öyster Cult, often abbreviated BÖC, is an American rock band, most of whose members first came together in Long Island, NY in 1967 as the band Soft White Underbelly. The group is well known for songs including "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", "Burnin' for You", "Godzilla", "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll", "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", "Astronomy" and "This Ain't the Summer of Love". They have sold over 24 million albums worldwide – including 7 million in the U.S.

The Stone Roses are an English alternative rock band formed in Manchester in 1983. They were one of the pioneering groups of the Madchester movement that was active during the late 1980s and early 1990s. The band's most successful lineup consisted of vocalist Ian Brown, guitarist John Squire, bassist Gary "Mani" Mounfield, and drummer Alan "Reni" Wren.

The Yardbirds are an English rock band that had a string of hits in the mid 1960s, including "For Your Love", "Over Under Sideways Down" and "Heart Full of Soul". The group is notable for having started the careers of three of rock's most famous guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page, all of whom were in the top five of Rolling Stone's 100 Top Guitarists list (Clapton as #2, Page as #3, and Beck at #5). A blues-based band that broadened its range into pop and rock, The Yardbirds were pioneers in guitar innovations of the 1960s: fuzz tone, feedback, distortion, backwards echo, improved amplification, etc. Pat Pemberton, writing for Spinner, holds that the Yardbirds were "the most impressive guitar band in rock music". After the Yardbirds broke up in 1968, their current lead guitarist Jimmy Page founded what became Led Zeppelin.

The Troggs are an English rock band from the 1960s that had a number of hits in UK and the US. Their most famous songs include, "Wild Thing", "With a Girl Like You", and "Love Is All Around". The Troggs' Billboard Hot 100 chart topper "Wild Thing" is ranked #257 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time and was an influence on garage rock and punk rock.

The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie.

Drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound.

The Wallflowers is a rock band from Los Angeles, California, fronted by Jakob Dylan. Formed in 1989 and originally known as The Apples, the ensemble has gone through numerous personnel changes with Dylan the only constant.

They have released five studio albums, one compilation album and have had various songs on television and movie soundtracks. They have won two Grammy awards for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and Best Rock Song for their song "One Headlight" in 1998.

The Beatles are the best-selling band in history, and over four decades after their break-up, their recordings are still in demand. They have had more number one albums on the UK charts and have held the top spot longer than any other musical act. According to the RIAA, they have sold more albums in the United States than any other artist, and they topped Billboard magazine's list of all-time Hot 100 artists in 2008. They have received 7 Grammy Awards from the American National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and 15 Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. They were collectively included in Time magazine's compilation of the 20th century's 100 most influential people.

As you can see, every last Zeak explorer quest is name after a band.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
jayrose5555 wrote:

KI already posted something a couple years ago I think about how their find the... is working. They purposely do the bands :D It's fun too

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Ok The Troggs and Sockmonkeys I has not seen yet. Also I do relize I just used improper grammar, got a problem? I do have some Beatles songs on my sister's Ipod. One of my faveriote songs is Beatles. I just want to know whats with the bands for Zeak's quests.
I also have another question:
a personal faverite post called The Wrong Answers Game is on lock altough I was not the genuis who came up with the wonderous thing, should I start a new one?