Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First, Middle, Last...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Greetings fellow wizards!

This topic is aimed at selecting your wizards' name upon character creation. I recently got my wife interested in starting a new adventure with me!

The only problem is that the name "River" is not available as a First name, is not available as a Middle name, but it is however available as a Last name.

Two solutions;

1. Add "River" as a first name so that my wife can add a first name to her character, and not select a middle or last name. While on the subject, add many more names to all three name slots?

2. Make it possible to not have a first name, middle and last names already have <None> option. My wife would then be able to name her character <None>, <None>, River. :)

Cheers!

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
andymccormick wrote:
Greetings fellow wizards!

This topic is aimed at selecting your wizards' name upon character creation. I recently got my wife interested in starting a new adventure with me!

The only problem is that the name "River" is not available as a First name, is not available as a Middle name, but it is however available as a Last name.

Two solutions;

1. Add "River" as a first name so that my wife can add a first name to her character, and not select a middle or last name. While on the subject, add many more names to all three name slots?

2. Make it possible to not have a first name, middle and last names already have <None> option. My wife would then be able to name her character <None>, <None>, River. :)

Cheers!
If the first one has a (none) section, then many people can have NO NAME cause middle and last have a (none).Also the middle and last are little nicknames after.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
It's a very simple programming mechanizism to not allow 3 <none>'s. In fact it would take about 5 minutes to program the code to require at least one selection other than <none>. I agree there need to be more names. On another game that I used to play that had the same type of name selection, you were allowed to make up your own name but it was sent out to be approved and you had to have a generic name until it was approved. If it wasn't you could try again.