Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Comlimenting Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
So I am a returning player, but don't really remember what I played last time since I made a new account (didn't have a ton of progress so didn't feel a need to recover it). I am currently playing a necromancer/balance mage, but it feels like I might of made a mistake by taking balance as my secondary. Anyone have any tips and/or links about which schools mesh well together?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I just reset my charaters, so I have a fire and life now. It was a fire and myth charater, but I found that I didn't need two attack elements. So, I changed the myth to life. I also have a life and ice charater which is working well so far. Since you have death charater which can steal health you might want to try storm. I hear it has power attacks. Ice is more defence.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I am testing out some various combos. I changed to life and fire but now am working on a necromancer with fire. I was going to do lightning but the accuracy is a bit frustrating plus from the list of spells to choose from I would rather have that fire AoE spell than more single target attacks. So far it's pretty good, I cast a fire imp on one monster and drain life from another in dungeons.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
However I need to reconsider my name next time... too many "Wolf" characters running around. Just walked into firecat alley and saw 3 not including myself haha.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally with my first a life wizard I wasted training points but did not need to buy them back. By DragonSprye I realized being true to your school works best for my game play style, I solo a lot and usually only wait or get help with main bosses in each world. I did get Death to Feint and not regretted that and visited Niles for the Balance blade later in Celestia I did get the boost card which I put a few in deck.

In general it is recommended to get the 50% shield from ice and feint from death.

On a side note I have not found feint a good fit for my storm wizard because putting that 30% trap on her may make or break a battle so she does with out fine.

The game has come down to the right gear for the way I fight and small as you can possibly get away with deck set up. I rarely use shields on mob fights and most bosses. I go in blade, blade, trap, blast, repeat as needed.