Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not feeling too jolly with the crowns thing

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
This christmas, i wanted to get a santa or elf suit! I wanted to decorate for christmas so even on the game I would feel Christmas is close! I went to Felix, and everything was crowns... I was a little annoyed but then saw the calendar! I saw the new mount, so excited thinking wizard101 would gift it to me and.... it says: "Buy Crowns now!" I can't just grow crowns on Bartleby! I am already paying monthly, crowns items just make me pay way more. I understand you need to keep a business, and at first I was ok with crowns. But now this is too far. Mounts, holiday items, awesome pets, awesome houses, i've had it . I don't mean to be rude, and sorry if I am, it's just, I want to be able to get something cool without no extra expense. As you can tell, Wizard101 can't get too decorative without people complaining on religion. So, all I want is at least a santa hat and reindeer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. People are spending money in real life for gifts already, they don't have enough money to buy the Christmas stuff on wizard101 too. Wizard101's prices have gone way up. I just made my own suit by changing my gear to red and white and using the silent nightcap. Kingsisle, please know not all of us can grow money on trees and have enough money for tons of presents and wizards...

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
If you look at the bottom of the list of crown items, there are some items that you can buy with gold instead...

I'm getting my horned sweeper! Yes!

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
It seems as if the game is doing so badly that KI has no choice but to make EVERYTHING worth getting, crowns-only. K, that's obviously not true, but srsly KI wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many items are crowns-only and ridiculously over-priced.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Amen! Seems like something is crooked if the best items are those that you have to pay additional cash for. Some of these items are over $10 real money.
How "family friendly" can a game be if children are begging parents for gift cards so they can have what their friends have?
I'd love to see a MMORPG where the best items are those that are player crafted.

Historian
May 01, 2010
If you arent wanting to pay for crowns, then to the boss, which EVERYONE sub or non, chat or non, rich (crownswise) poor..... Nightshade. I am pretty sure that he has been dropping the pieces of the suit (weather you get them all this Yuletide I dont know)

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
I'm not one to defend KI and the Crowns for some items such as the obviously over priced henchmen we have now but in defense of KI (very little defense) they do put quite a few crown items in as drops in boss fights...useful items too. Examples of drops for me, Sea Dragon, Ice and Storm Mastery Amulets, and Lifeforce Blades (twice)...these are the few and more expensive items I've gotten in boss drops. Might be others like the new Artic Ninja Pig is rumored to be dropped in Helephant Tower. It's not perfect, obviously but you can get some very good Crown items for free in some cases.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
loganskt wrote:
Amen! Seems like something is crooked if the best items are those that you have to pay additional cash for. Some of these items are over $10 real money.
How "family friendly" can a game be if children are begging parents for gift cards so they can have what their friends have?
I'd love to see a MMORPG where the best items are those that are player crafted.

Try Playing Ultima On Line...Very Good MMORPG Game (The First and Grand Daddy of all MMORPG) Monthly low charge and no added cost for the Best things the game has to offer,,, You use the Gold that you acquire and save to buy Things from with in the game....

But thats in no way a Knock On KI and what they have done With Wizard101....KI has come along way and is Growing by leaps and bounds.... Because of the Players that love the game....and spend that money for Crowns to buy game items,,, that make them elite at the moment.... I for one agree that Crowns is a Gimmick to get more then just a monthly or yearly cost.... Ki treats this game as a business and sell sell sell is the game and as long as the majority Buy Buy Buy it will not change....The more KI makes The More they Upgrade and make Better Stuff For the Players to experience....So it's A Give and Take ....

Thanks for Reading....