Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rain of Fire issue...sorta...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
When I got Fire's lvl 68 Rain of Fire spell...I checked out the damage and all that nice information on the spell card. Maybe I am getting old but that very last symbol on the spell looks like a Gobbler's Head but I ain't sure. Regardless if it is or not...my "issue" is what is that symbol really and what is it in reference to?
I understand and seen everything else that the spell does damage size, DoT, etc...but that last symbol has me stumped.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Yes, I can't figure out what it means either. IF=f any one knows, Plz reply to Muisak's post and tell us!
William Crowthistle Transcended Pyromancer
8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I brought this very same issue up in the test realm forums (confusion and lack of intutiveness of that icon).

The icon description is found in the in-game help manual. However, it is not apparent.

The gobbler's head icon is really the symbol for "hits all enemies." This is used in spell descriptions, vice the yellow circle thing that denotes "hits all enemies" for a card type.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
A gobbler head is exactly what I thought, too. And also it doesn't say 'rounds' like the other spells, instead it shows a clock, which added to my confusion.

It's a grand spell, though. Long animation, but so are all the new ones.

Madeline Soulhaven
Transcended Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
kingurz wrote:
I brought this very same issue up in the test realm forums (confusion and lack of intutiveness of that icon).

The icon description is found in the in-game help manual. However, it is not apparent.

The gobbler's head icon is really the symbol for "hits all enemies." This is used in spell descriptions, vice the yellow circle thing that denotes "hits all enemies" for a card type.

Really wouldn't make sense that a Gobbler's Head denotes a global attack when the icon located at the lower right hand corner of the picture (looks like a gold ring, I think) is supposed to imply that it is a global spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Muisak wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Really wouldn't make sense that a Gobbler's Head denotes a global attack when the icon located at the lower right hand corner of the picture (looks like a gold ring, I think) is supposed to imply that it is a global spell.

Global and "Hits All Enemies" are two completely seperate spells.

Global spells are spiral looking icons. Hits All Enemies are gobbler heads (spell descriptions) and yellow swirls/gold ring (spell types).

....and yes. My point in the test realm forums was that the gobbler head should "not" be used at all.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
One moment please...good thing I have the W101 wiki favorited... Huh...I really don't know. According to the wiki it means all enemies, but I've never seen that before. Weird.