Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why we need a wand for?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Hi I find the wand thing very useless.

I am a level 32 death wizard and I am using a level 20 wand. I can see there are several level 30 wands I could buy but they only do 80 damages per hit which my current wand also does. Even it gives like 5 extra card but why I need 5 cards that do the same 80 damages? Can anyone explain to me why we need a high level wand? Did I miss something here?

Historian
May 01, 2010
DeathEnchanted wrote:
Hi I find the wand thing very useless.

I am a level 32 death wizard and I am using a level 20 wand. I can see there are several level 30 wands I could buy but they only do 80 damages per hit which my current wand also does. Even it gives like 5 extra card but why I need 5 cards that do the same 80 damages? Can anyone explain to me why we need a high level wand? Did I miss something here?

The wand that you have on right now, my guess, is from wysteria (does it give 1 pip at start of battle?). When you start progressing in worlds, you will need a wand outside of your school for things like weakness breaking (*cough*dragonspyre), tower spammers (celestia), and on death enemies (for this I suggest a life wand) to break shields after you place your convert. Also, when you get to level 40 (I think 1 or 2 are 35) you get wands that give you a power pip at start.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
A wand is not needed to cast spells. But it is a very useful item. Those 5 extra attacks can be used for a lot of cool tricks:

1: If you are using a wand that does not match your school, you can use the wand strike to remove a weakness placed on you and you will save your own school blade if you put one up.

2: It is a free attack and is great for picking up left over health from a big strike that did not eliminate the opponent.

3: As a free strike you can hurt your opponent and continue to build pips and bust shields to open them up for a partner or for your next attack.

4: Wand attacks are also great for removing a dispel charm from you.

Personally, I think the and is the most basic yet important and flexible attack you can have in your deck.

5 Oh yeah, wands also allow you to start fights with an extra pip at later levels and will come with other stat boosting affects.

Love your wand. Figure out new ways to make the best of it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
A wand is not needed to cast spells. But it is a very useful item. Those 5 extra attacks can be used for a lot of cool tricks:

1: If you are using a wand that does not match your school, you can use the wand strike to remove a weakness placed on you and you will save your own school blade if you put one up.

2: It is a free attack and is great for picking up left over health from a big strike that did not eliminate the opponent.

3: As a free strike you can hurt your opponent and continue to build pips and bust shields to open them up for a partner or for your next attack.

4: Wand attacks are also great for removing a dispel charm from you.

Personally, I think the and is the most basic yet important and flexible attack you can have in your deck.

5 Oh yeah, wands also allow you to start fights with an extra pip at later levels and will come with other stat boosting affects.

Love your wand. Figure out new ways to make the best of it.

I agree 100%. A wand is extremely handy at all levels. You just have to know how to use it. :)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
At the higher levels, you can obtain wands that do more than give a single hit of a specific damage type, as well as giving various bonusses outside of the standard extra (power) pip.

A lot of weapons at or past level 55 give you extra critical and/or block odds. You'll find weapons in areas such as Wintertusk that give specific cards (like every single double-shield available, or a mess of healing cards)

And, of course, you cannot miss out on the extra power pip. In later battles, you will love that extra power pip with every bone in your body.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
1: breaking shields
2: dispells
3: pip increase

done

Ronan Deathcaller - Level 70 Death wizard

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Once you hit level 50 or 60, wands start doing 100-120 damage for 0 pips. IT also gives you critical, and in some cases, critical block. Wands aren't too helpful to you right now, but once you are a higher level you will be very grateful for them, as they increase your power significantly.
William Crowthistle soon-to-be-Transcendant Pyromancer
8)