Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rainbows and Flowers and Unicorns! Ugh...

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I get that healing spells aren't supposed to look very serious, but the attack spells are so...non-threatening. When the Rank 8 spells came, people got menacing creatures and powerful deities. We get Fluffy the sasquatch. Then Rank 9 spells finally come after waiting for so long, and people get ferocious monsters and natural disasters. We get gnomes. The way I look at it, the only decently intimidating monster we have is Centaur. It's no wonder why younger wizards think this school is for girls.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
Omg I so agree with you! Although, I like my Forest Lord, he actually does look intimidating in a way. The Forest Lord has a nasty looking set of horns, teeth that could tear through metal, and eyes of ferocity, with a slight touch of the evergreen power of life.

Anyway, the rank 9 spell, I am not too excited about. Ours should be something more indimidating and powerful. But they wont change it now, so I am hoping that our rank 10 spell, can be something powerful and exciting!

For our rank 10 spell, I was thinking of Pan: the wild god of nature and the forest. But maybe that might still be too un-intimidating (made up word oops). Possibly it could be Gaia, which I posted before as my idea of the rank 9 spell. Problem is, is that the things they can use as Life spells, gererally are not very fearsome.

The new spell I have for the rank 10 Life school, is: Woodland Titan. I dont know the effects or anything, but thats what I think the spell should be, or something along those terms. Or maybe: Elfwitch? Because I too, have been rather tired of my spells being Garden Statues, Pixies, and childish creatures.

Please, make the rank 10 Life spell animation fearsome! I want a powerful being of ancient nature and life! Capable of pounding its foes to dust upon the ground, and to cause dispair amongst the enemies of its master!

...not a fairy gliding down a cloud to throw some leaves on the opponent.

So yeah! Dont give us something childish. I mean seriously, please dont.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. Personally, I find Forest Lord rather fearsome. I mean, a giant monster with green eyes appears, green lightning engulfs his hands, and he vicsiously pummels his enemy with incredibly strong blows, and then disappears as mysteriously as he arrived. As for Gnomes, yes, the spell isn't as fearsome looking, but it is sort of creepy. Giant gnome creatures could be the stuff of nightmares for some people. And as for the damage, well, see if your foe is laughing he is pounded with 2000 damage when you used nothing but a damage boost and a blade! Then, he won't be able to heal (or if he is life, do much of anything) for the next 2 tries. At full pips, those two rounds are a golden opportunity to finish him with centaur, especially if you put up 2 blades at start of fight. If you don't like your spells though, make a new wizard.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
earthwizardofdeath wrote:
Omg I so agree with you! Although, I like my Forest Lord, he actually does look intimidating in a way. The Forest Lord has a nasty looking set of horns, teeth that could tear through metal, and eyes of ferocity, with a slight touch of the evergreen power of life.

Anyway, the rank 9 spell, I am not too excited about. Ours should be something more indimidating and powerful. But they wont change it now, so I am hoping that our rank 10 spell, can be something powerful and exciting!

For our rank 10 spell, I was thinking of Pan: the wild god of nature and the forest. But maybe that might still be too un-intimidating (made up word oops). Possibly it could be Gaia, which I posted before as my idea of the rank 9 spell. Problem is, is that the things they can use as Life spells, gererally are not very fearsome.

The new spell I have for the rank 10 Life school, is: Woodland Titan. I dont know the effects or anything, but thats what I think the spell should be, or something along those terms. Or maybe: Elfwitch? Because I too, have been rather tired of my spells being Garden Statues, Pixies, and childish creatures.

Please, make the rank 10 Life spell animation fearsome! I want a powerful being of ancient nature and life! Capable of pounding its foes to dust upon the ground, and to cause dispair amongst the enemies of its master!

...not a fairy gliding down a cloud to throw some leaves on the opponent.

So yeah! Dont give us something childish. I mean seriously, please dont.

I will say sasquatch-- er, Forest Lord is a bit fearsome, but still. Just Centaur and Forest Lord? That's not cool. At all. Anyway, about your ideas...

1. Pan: They already have Satyr, so Pan is kinda out of the question unless they make him really creepy and twisted compared to the whimsical, lighthearted Satyr.
2. Gaia: I don't see how Gaia can be made in a way that isn't exactly like every other innocuous looking Life spell. Making Gaia look ferocious would be an injustice in my opinion.
3. Woodland Titan: No more ambiguous names. We already have Forest Lord (which I much rather have be named Sasquatch, but I digress) and I already can't stand ambiguity when it comes to names.
4. Elfwitch: Huh?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Hi. Personally, I find Forest Lord rather fearsome. I mean, a giant monster with green eyes appears, green lightning engulfs his hands, and he vicsiously pummels his enemy with incredibly strong blows, and then disappears as mysteriously as he arrived. As for Gnomes, yes, the spell isn't as fearsome looking, but it is sort of creepy. Giant gnome creatures could be the stuff of nightmares for some people. And as for the damage, well, see if your foe is laughing he is pounded with 2000 damage when you used nothing but a damage boost and a blade! Then, he won't be able to heal (or if he is life, do much of anything) for the next 2 tries. At full pips, those two rounds are a golden opportunity to finish him with centaur, especially if you put up 2 blades at start of fight. If you don't like your spells though, make a new wizard.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

I don't find Gnomes! creepy; it's just annoying. Yes, some people are afraid of gnomes (why, I'll never know), but creepy =/= fearsome. This is Rank 9; I'd think the corny spells that take advantage of people's phobias would've stopped by now. Also, I thought it was a terrible idea for a spell to begin with. I'd feel bad for any school saddled with this spell, but Life? Really, KI? It really has nothing to do with the attack power, which is why I'm not complaining about that. I'm excited to use the spell for the attack power; I just don't like the monster dealing the attack. I never said I don't like my spells; they're great. What annoys me is the fact that people think Life is "for girls" and I can't wholeheartedly disagree with them when I'm casting Unicorns and Imps. As much as I hate myself for saying that, I can't help how I feel. In any event, no. I'm not in any rush to delete my Legendary Theurgist (since I have five other wizards) and create a Thaumaturge, but thanks for the suggestion.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Forest Lord is the best looking spell in the game. I love it when he bites bad guys heads off.

The gnomes are kind of creepy as well.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Personally, I like the Lawn Ornament of Doom idea. I also like the idea of a Gaia spell, although it's hard to get beyond the tree theme there, I think. Whenever I try and imagine what this would look like, I'm getting a sort of Medusa-like animation, only with branches and leaves :? .

And Life isn't the only Rank 9 spell that's a bit goofy. Katzenstein's Monster is pure camp, and I still think the Sirens look like Barbie dolls. But this is a kids' game, too...there's only so far you can go with destructive imagery without getting too scary.

What's up with the "only for girls" lament, though? Most of the girls/women I know who play this game are as far from fluff and flowers as anyone can imagine. Girls are tough, too. But you all know that, right?

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
i know right! are rank 10 spell should be our character useing leaves and vines to attack all the other players with 2,000 damage and give all players(allies) half the health but before that our character would snap the vine whip on the ground.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Well if I saw a forest lord running at me i would be running at 100 mph. Gnome, well...... it's creative but it needs work. I agree, that the rank 10,11,12,etc. have to be INTENSE.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I saw the level 9 life spell, and I was just saying "what was that?" I don't even know what happened during the animation! There is a gnome in the woods, okay, but then he grows huge! HOW?! I'm not even sure what he does to the enemy, he just sort of kicks them even though his legs aren't moving!
It just raises too many questions.
William Crowthistle Transcended Pyromancer
8)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Personally, I like the Lawn Ornament of Doom idea. I also like the idea of a Gaia spell, although it's hard to get beyond the tree theme there, I think. Whenever I try and imagine what this would look like, I'm getting a sort of Medusa-like animation, only with branches and leaves :? .

And Life isn't the only Rank 9 spell that's a bit goofy. Katzenstein's Monster is pure camp, and I still think the Sirens look like Barbie dolls. But this is a kids' game, too...there's only so far you can go with destructive imagery without getting too scary.

What's up with the "only for girls" lament, though? Most of the girls/women I know who play this game are as far from fluff and flowers as anyone can imagine. Girls are tough, too. But you all know that, right?

That's exactly why the spell annoys me. This is Rank 9! Why am I attacking with "the lawn ornament of doom"? That might as well be its name since that's pretty much all it comes down to. It just annoys me that that's the best KI could come up with. Gaia would sound great, but it just seems so benevolent and I'm kinda done with benevolent spells at this point. I agree; I don't see Gaia going any way but exaggerated earth and branches. It might as well be Earthwalker.

I'm fully aware Life wasn't the only school handed the short end of the stick. In my opinion, this was the worst set of spells they released. I'm planning on making a legit thread for my take on the spells when I finish Zafaria, but i will say I actually think Katzenstein's Monster was cool. At first I thought that was a huge cop-out, but was okay because they did something different for what I thought was the Storm spell. I was disappointed to find out that it was actually the Death spell, but I still think it seems cool. Sirens looks like an abridged version of The Little Mermaid in my opinion. That was the second-most disappointing attack to witness. I wanted to weep after seeing that hot mess of a spell. I know there are certain limitations to what KI can use (by the way this is a family game, not a kids game), but give me something besides corn. I mean this was just ridiculous.

I do know girls are tough, and I didn't mean to be misogynistic, but Life spells are just lacking in the intimidation department. They're either rated G or PG for lack of a better word.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Well if I saw a forest lord running at me i would be running at 100 mph. Gnome, well...... it's creative but it needs work. I agree, that the rank 10,11,12,etc. have to be INTENSE.

That's my main beef with the spell. This is Rank 9 and I get a killer gnome? It sounds like a bad horror flick. I doubt the Rank 10 spell will be an attack spell though; we'll probably get a stronger healing spell.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009

That's exactly why the spell annoys me. This is Rank 9! Why am I attacking with "the lawn ornament of doom"? That might as well be its name since that's pretty much all it comes down to. It just annoys me that that's the best KI could come up with. Gaia would sound great, but it just seems so benevolent and I'm kinda done with benevolent spells at this point. I agree; I don't see Gaia going any way but exaggerated earth and branches. It might as well be Earthwalker.

I'm fully aware Life wasn't the only school handed the short end of the stick. In my opinion, this was the worst set of spells they released. I'm planning on making a legit thread for my take on the spells when I finish Zafaria, but i will say I actually think Katzenstein's Monster was cool. At first I thought that was a huge cop-out, but was okay because they did something different for what I thought was the Storm spell. I was disappointed to find out that it was actually the Death spell, but I still think it seems cool. Sirens looks like an abridged version of The Little Mermaid in my opinion. That was the second-most disappointing attack to witness. I wanted to weep after seeing that hot mess of a spell. I know there are certain limitations to what KI can use (by the way this is a family game, not a kids game), but give me something besides corn. I mean this was just ridiculous.

I do know girls are tough, and I didn't mean to be misogynistic, but Life spells are just lacking in the intimidation department. They're either rated G or PG for lack of a better word. In my opinion, All the spells have their intense elements. Frankenstein coming at you with the classic zombie walk, Sirens, well singing isnt that impressive, but still its a great spell. Gnomes is a giant creature with glowing green eyes breathing light at the enemy. If you pay more attention to that then its namesake, you might find it more fun to use. And you cant exactly have a Gnome throwing poison knives at your foe, as you pointed out yourself, so isnt the current one better then having minignomes stampede you in a comic book like fashion? And as I said, you can always make another wizard.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
In my opinion, All the spells have their intense elements. Frankenstein coming at you with the classic zombie walk, Sirens, well singing isnt that impressive, but still its a great spell. Gnomes is a giant creature with glowing green eyes breathing light at the enemy. If you pay more attention to that then its namesake, you might find it more fun to use. And you cant exactly have a Gnome throwing poison knives at your foe, as you pointed out yourself, so isnt the current one better then having minignomes stampede you in a comic book like fashion? And as I said, you can always make another wizard.

The only annoyance I have with Katzenstein's Monster is that it being a Death spell could be seen from a mile away. It would've been exciting if it was a Storm spell since it would've been more unexpected, but that's just my opinion. Sorry, but no; Sirens was, in my opinion, one of the worst animations KI's ever done. It was painfully underwhelming and dull. As for Gnome, who says I'm paying more attention to its namesake? It's not like the name doesn't suit the spell. It's a giant gnome! What else do you want me to call it? I think you're missing my point. I don't like the idea in general. The whole thing screams "corny horror movie". Whether it was mini-gnomes or one giant gnome, I'd be unhappy either way. The idea is what was bad; the execution wasn't great either, but it's mostly the idea. And as I said, I have six wizards already and my Theurgist is Legendary. I'm not about to delete him over one spell, and the fact that you even suggest that is ridiculous.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I get that healing spells aren't supposed to look very serious, but the attack spells are so...non-threatening. When the Rank 8 spells came, people got menacing creatures and powerful deities. We get Fluffy the sasquatch. Then Rank 9 spells finally come after waiting for so long, and people get ferocious monsters and natural disasters. We get gnomes. The way I look at it, the only decently intimidating monster we have is Centaur. It's no wonder why younger wizards think this school is for girls.

No for rank 8 you guys got Fluffy the furball of ultimate doom. For rank 9 you got Karate Gnomes of evil. Life only seems girlish because for some reason younger ages find helping and things like that "girly", but don't let that get to you. Younger ages don't have text chat unless you mean 13 or 14 year olds. I'm not an adult, but I pretty sure most people doing that are immature or lie about their age.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
hey every school is important here watch

myth = minions! yay!
death&storm&fire = helpful with hard dungeons
______
| LIFE | = revives you/heals you
----------
balance - traps and blades and um hello? judgement!
ice = shielding

see? every school is helpful with something and if you want to have strong attack spells if your life do what i did. pick fire/storm/death i picked storm

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
it isn't about huge scary monsters in spells.... its how to make the spell

that looks innocuous.. be as horrid and bad as possible...

to get it that way ...you young wizard must know the spells to use.

i can make a fire cat hit over 1200 with out any traps placed on the NPC

easy to make the genie blast to over 50k

just by how you build it during the play.

so dont complain just learn what spells will do this.

The Rowan

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
No for rank 8 you guys got Fluffy the furball of ultimate doom. For rank 9 you got Karate Gnomes of evil. Life only seems girlish because for some reason younger ages find helping and things like that "girly", but don't let that get to you. Younger ages don't have text chat unless you mean 13 or 14 year olds. I'm not an adult, but I pretty sure most people doing that are immature or lie about their age.

I beg to differ. The times I've heard people call Life girly they refer to how we attack with leprechauns and gnomes as opposed to attacking with sharks and dragons. It's not that I'm letting anyone get to me; it's my actual opinion. I don't think Life is girly, but I do feel we should have some more intimidating spells. Theurgists are all typecast as ditsy, optimistic, innocent girls with their heads in the clouds (even in Abracadoodle), and so far the attacks have reflected this. Gnomes!, for me, is just the straw the broke the camel's back.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

I beg to differ. The times I've heard people call Life girly they refer to how we attack with leprechauns and gnomes as opposed to attacking with sharks and dragons. It's not that I'm letting anyone get to me; it's my actual opinion. I don't think Life is girly, but I do feel we should have some more intimidating spells. Theurgists are all typecast as ditsy, optimistic, innocent girls with their heads in the clouds (even in Abracadoodle), and so far the attacks have reflected this. Gnomes!, for me, is just the straw the broke the camel's back.

Well thats just some people. Some people feel helping others in "girly" so you prove to them its not. When someone says life is girly, you tell them these words : " If life is so 'girly' then you wouldn't mind stepping into the arena for a few minutes." Show them how tough life is and after that match I bet you tell probably make themselves a life wizard.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I think a cool spell would be a plant growing suddenly and grabbing hold of the enemy to wrap around them making it look at though there was no way out while it was squeezing the "life" out of you...but that's just me.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I think the Forest Lord looks intimidating! Centaur too! I mean, Leprechaun is pretty annoying, but the first time I saw a Forest Lord in battle, I nearly fell of my chair! Then someone used Helephant and I did fall off my chair since I was already almost off it and I had not seen a Helephant used while I was in battle. Life isn't girly, it is awesome. Just like gnomes. It is awesome. Case closed.