Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transcended what?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Those of us that have characters which have hit level 70 are now stuck with the less than popular badge of transcended.

My question now is what exactly did we transcend?

We're still young wizards. Apparently our characters are still children, still going to school, still not as advanced as any of the ravenwood professors even though we have beaten enemies they can't even touch.

So what did we transcend?

And for that matter, how did we transcend it?

(wishing we could have retained legendary as a badge regardless of level above 60)

Champion
May 03, 2011
*Sigh* Yes, I detailed the grammatical and conceptual problems with this label when Zafaria was still in Test. And no one seemed to care that "transcend" is a transitive verb. It needs an object. You can transcend something, or be transcended by something. You can't simply be "transcended" in the same sense you can be an "exalted" or "honored" person, although I think that's what the developers/designers wanted it to mean. (Sadly, many math genius types aren't really up on the fine points of grammar). Semantically, the "Transcended" title means this: you have either transcended something/someone, or someone has transcended you. But if you are a "Transcended Wizard," someone has transcended you. So really, Level 70's are weaker than Legendaries!

Besides being a grammatical mess, "Transcended" is awkward-sounding. Nowhere near as cool as Legendary. Even when I get to level 70, about 7 levels from now, I won't be sporting that badge.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I've been seriously busy with school, so none of my wizards have set foot into Zafaria or experienced any of what the new update has to bring. All I know is what I've been able to read online, and one of the first things I found out was this title "Transcended". I was pretty dumbfounded because the word seemed so out of place; thinking I was maybe having a moment, I looked it up:

transcend- transitive verb; to pass beyond the limits of something.

Uh...that seems a tad ironic to me. Getting a title that means you've surpassed limits upon reaching yet another level cap? I also don't see how "Transcended" even makes sense as a title. In addition to crystalwizard12345's point, when my Theurgist reaches Lvl. 70 he'll be a "Transcended Theurgist". How have I transcended Theurgy? I'm still a Theurgist. I still have Life attacks. What exactly have I "transcended"?

I think I get where you were going with the title. The word 'transcended' is usually used for religious figures (and of course where else are you gonna go after "Legendary"?), but...no. Just, no.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I transcended near Umilio Sunchaser and he didn't even care that I transcended. Where were the huge crowds of cheering masses as I transcended? I Transcended into a land of no fanfare or praise for my unbelievable achievements...just another day at the office.

I agree, it's not the best moniker they could have chosen. Call me what I am, King of the Universe.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
If theres a level 100, they will prob make a title as Professor of _________. or Headmaster of ravenwood

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Transcended is an abysmally weak title. I am not sure what they were thinking when they chose it. There were a couple of posts with good suggestions,and they were apparently ignored. I would much prefer another title. :?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
muttly889 wrote:
If theres a level 100, they will prob make a title as Professor of _________. or Headmaster of ravenwood

Nah. Maybe "Scholar of [insert school here]", but professor? I cringe at the thought of having a bunch of professors running around the Spiral.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
OR, you could all finish the crafting quest in the market and get a badge of.. Legendary crafter..

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Indeed, transcendant can be an adjective, but it also has this definition: Above all others. I think that is what they are aiming for: you have transcended all others.
BEST TITLE EVAH!
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
= I think that is what they are aiming for: you have transcended all others.

all other what? If you mean all other characters in the game, then there can only be one Transcended wizard - and that's obviously not going to be the cast.

If you mean all other titles, well that's the case with each new title.

If you're trying to say you're as high as you can go, that would mean that the level 70 cap has to stay there forever.

If you mean something else, I'm at a loss to figure out what.

It's not the best title ever, it's the worst.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Those of us that have characters which have hit level 70 are now stuck with the less than popular badge of transcended.

We're still young wizards. Apparently our characters are still children, still going to school, still not as advanced as any of the ravenwood professors even though we have beaten enemies they can't even touch.

(wishing we could have retained legendary as a badge regardless of level above 60)
should of been maybe "extradionary" wizard.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Indeed, transcendant can be an adjective, but it also has this definition: Above all others. I think that is what they are aiming for: you have transcended all others.

TranscendED can be an adjective, although transcenENT is the usual adjectival form. But because the word derives from a transitive verb (to transcend something or someone), a "transcended wizard" is one who has been transcended, superseded, whatever...by someone else.

Sigh. Never mind.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
BEST TITLE EVAH!
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

I'd like to see where you got this definition, but still it's not true. We're not above all others even as of now. We're still not as powerful as our professors, are we? Plus, like I said, the wording of the title doesn't make sense. Our title once we hit lvl. 70 is "Transcended [insert school]", but we haven't "transcended" our school. You can say it's the best title ever, but I still say it was a last minute, poorly thought-out title by KI.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011

there was a mix up with lvl 70 badge. Its not transcended its transcendant. This website has something showing that name. It might be under see the game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
</div>
</blockquote>there was a mix up with lvl 70 badge. Its not transcended its transcendant. This website has something showing that name. It might be under see the game.</div>
</blockquote>
No. In the game the badge IS "Transcended" I've seen it many times. KI really messed this one up.
IMO, "Exalted" would have been a much better choice.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Possibly the best way to fix this is to retain the badge of Legendary and start adding a rank or class such as:

Legendary Rank 1 or

Legendary Class 1.

Although, if this were to happen, I would prefer Legendary Rank 1.

Just an Idea.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
awesomecam030 wrote:
there was a mix up with lvl 70 badge. Its not transcended its transcendant. This website has something showing that name. It might be under see the game.

No. In the game the badge IS "Transcended" I've seen it many times. KI really messed this one up.

Exalted should've come before Legendary though. Heck, Legendary should've been the last title we get.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:

only if they stop calling characters that have reached that level "young wizard". Honestly, can you imagine some 10 year old kid beating the tar out of people our characters beat all the time?

It reminds me of that rather idiotic cartoon about the little kindergarten girls who have to ask permission to go save the world each episode.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Exalted should've come before Legendary though. Heck, Legendary should've been the last title we get.

Have to agree. Hard to top Legendary--it really says it all. It's grammatical, too. :-)

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
you know, professors might also be uber-powered wizards that are just too lazy to go around doing all that hard work, and send their students out just because of that. So relative to them, you might still be a sand dust to the universe.

I remember a french teacher of mine that was like that, she was entering the classroom, falling (literally) on the armchair (that cracked dangerously, a little more every time..) and saying " je suis fatiguée".

That was our french lesson.
For about two years.

Well not sure she was that uber-good french speaker, but it gives the picture.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
elvinlith wrote:
you know, professors might also be uber-powered wizards that are just too lazy to go around doing all that hard work, and send their students out just because of that. So relative to them, you might still be a sand dust to the universe.

Nonsense.

Take professor Greyrose. She caused the mess with the gobblers and then couldn't figure out how to deal with them.

And the entire story line from creation onward tells you that your character is the chosen one - the only one that can save the spiral.

Malistair is so powerful none of the other school wizards can take him on. Even Drake apparently can't take him on. You wipe the floor with Drake and then take out Malistair and everything he can throw at you.

And you do all that before you even become a legend.

Then you wander around in Wintertusk, rescue Grandmother Raven when no one else can do so and go beat gods to keep the ice titan from waking up.

And you managed to do all this while remaining a kid!

While I agree that this is a game designed for kids, once the characters have reached a certain level they shouldn't be little kids any more.

And they (the characters) shouldn't still be called young wizard. That implies that the character is immature and just starting to learn how to cast magic. About the time a character reached Magus they should start being Esteemed wizard or some other far more respectful title.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
elvinlith wrote:

Nonsense.

Take professor Greyrose. She caused the mess with the gobblers and then couldn't figure out how to deal with them.

And the entire story line from creation onward tells you that your character is the chosen one - the only one that can save the spiral.

Malistair is so powerful none of the other school wizards can take him on. Even Drake apparently can't take him on. You wipe the floor with Drake and then take out Malistair and everything he can throw at you.

And you do all that before you even become a legend.

Then you wander around in Wintertusk, rescue Grandmother Raven when no one else can do so and go beat gods to keep the ice titan from waking up.

And you managed to do all this while remaining a kid!

While I agree that this is a game designed for kids, once the characters have reached a certain level they shouldn't be little kids any more.

And they (the characters) shouldn't still be called young wizard. That implies that the character is immature and just starting to learn how to cast magic. About the time a character reached Magus they should start being Esteemed wizard or some other far more respectful title.

Agreed.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Well the term Transcended would mean that there would be something greater because i don't take KI to be idiots and put transcended on there for no reason at all there's got to be something better they will come up with something better i believe in them they can do it must have been a last minute thing and its just a title so you don't always have to wear the title around you know could always wear your master (insert school) badge it works perfectly fine. anyway back to the Transcended subject there shouldnt be a rank to legendary and scholar would mean travel so i am a little on that side as well but the professors send the students out because its "homework" and you get a "grade" AKA exp for it and other items there should be no top person there is always someone who will come and beat you so those to you cocky people stop only makes things worse for yourself

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
From my opinion ,,Legendary" is better than ,,Transcended",i mean before zafaria was released i was thinking what's better that legendary buut...really now!Transcended?i admit there aren't many things greater than a legend but it sounds awful(Transcended Necromancer) see how awful it sounds?