Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stats donot add up correctly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
I recently noticed that my stats do not add up to what they should. For example, under critical hits for life spells my combined gear adds up to 96% for landing a critical hit. The spell book stats page reflects a total of 96% for a critical hit for life spells, however, when you mouse over the statistics to see the underlying percentages based on individual items, they give incorrect percentages and only add up to 17% for critical hit on life spells.

I also noticed that this applies universally to critical resistances and all other critical hit percentages for other spell schools.

I do not believe I am receiving the proper critical hit percentages based on 5 separate battles where none of my spells went critical. In 5 battles with a 96% percent critical hit rate I should expect a critical hit rather frequently.

Anyone else notice that their percentages are not applying correctly in game? I submitted a trouble ticket for this and am waiting for a reply. I just wonder if it is an isolated glitch or more widespread.

Thanks for any replies.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
chad4944 wrote:
I recently noticed that my stats do not add up to what they should. For example, under critical hits for life spells my combined gear adds up to 96% for landing a critical hit. The spell book stats page reflects a total of 96% for a critical hit for life spells, however, when you mouse over the statistics to see the underlying percentages based on individual items, they give incorrect percentages and only add up to 17% for critical hit on life spells.

I also noticed that this applies universally to critical resistances and all other critical hit percentages for other spell schools.

I do not believe I am receiving the proper critical hit percentages based on 5 separate battles where none of my spells went critical. In 5 battles with a 96% percent critical hit rate I should expect a critical hit rather frequently.

Anyone else notice that their percentages are not applying correctly in game? I submitted a trouble ticket for this and am waiting for a reply. I just wonder if it is an isolated glitch or more widespread.

Thanks for any replies.

The critical isn't by percent. I have a critical over 200 so it is not by percent. I don't know what it is measured on but I know it isn't percent.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Having a critical rating of 96 doesn't mean that you have a 96% chance to critical.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
chad4944 wrote:

Thanks for any replies.

unlike many other aspect of the game, crit rating, and crit block numbers are not based on a % but rather a "gear score" for lack of a better term. The 96 "gear score" you have equates to a 17% chance to crit.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

The critical isn't by percent. I have a critical over 200 so it is not by percent. I don't know what it is measured on but I know it isn't percent.

Well, before the update, the critical point score was based on 500!

So, 100 points would equal a 20% chance to critical.

After the update for Zafaria, I think, have not checked, but think that this number increased to 600.

Block was based on 400 points before, not sure if that has changed.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

After the update for Zafaria, I think, have not checked, but think that this number increased to 600.

I Think The percentage is a little higher then 100 = 20 percent... because i have 120 and i hit critical quite offten ... more so with lower spells then higher ones... but who can say Maybe i'm just lucky....

Thanks For Reading

Armiger
May 10, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I Think The percentage is a little higher then 100 = 20 percent... because i have 120 and i hit critical quite offten ... more so with lower spells then higher ones... but who can say Maybe i'm just lucky....

Thanks For Reading

If you go to your stats page and put the mouse pointer over your critical stat number, you will see it converted from points to percentages. You can add up the percentages and see for yourself that I am correctly stating this information.

As with all math in the game, 98% accuracy means you can fizzle about 20% of the time... lol, so 20% critical means you with critical about 75% of the time... lol, go figure!