Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, please fix your math when adding!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Again, we are back to the same old problems... Get something fixed, get a new update and get an old problem back...

Simple addition KI, it is simple addition... Let me clarify for you...

Hangman's Boots, +7% Resistance
Hangman's Cape, +12% Resistance
Hangman's Cape, +9 % Resistance
Pet with Spell Proof, +10% Resistance
Pet with Spell Defy, +5% Resistance

7+12+9+10+5=43 This is correct and how Math is supposed to be done!

Now, according to what KI has, this is what KI gives me in the game...
7+12+9+10+5=42? Sorry, but this is incorrect and needs to be fixed, again.

Should I check all of your math? Is the Power Pip chance not adding up correctly again? How about Damage Boosts and Accuracy Boosts?

Please fix these issues as quickly as possible, thank you!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Again, we are back to the same old problems... Get something fixed, get a new update and get an old problem back...

Should I check all of your math? Is the Power Pip chance not adding up correctly again? How about Damage Boosts and Accuracy Boosts?

When do Report Cards come out Im dieing to see what they got in Math .... lol .... i have also noticed this in Pet training .... get 4 points from playing the game.... get 7 pionts from eating snack.... thats eleven my begining points was 125 and it only gave 134 i thought i was maybe wrong so i did it again ok it added right this time did it again and it added wrong again..... whoops sure its just a small thing but it still needs to be fixed ....

Thanks For Reading

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

No you are wrong. 7+12+9+10+5= 43 not 42. Simple mistake made by you. We're only human it's ok.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
I have noticed this as well when using the Giant (+125) to Scarecrow (400) and only producing +483 to all enemies? My math shows it should be somewhere around 525 (125 + 400 = 525). Something does not add up?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
darthjt wrote:

No you are wrong. 7+12+9+10+5= 43 not 42. Simple mistake made by you. We're only human it's ok.

Exactly, David, 7+12+9+10+5=43, not 42, but if you believe KI and their math skills, it would be 42 and not 43. Sorry, but I dont want KI to be teaching my children or anyone else's children how to add improperly!

Which is why I made this post, so KI can fix this problem immediately, because anyone who can add, knows the correct answer is 43, now if KI would just realize this, we would be off to a good start!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
RobbieRahja wrote:
I have noticed this as well when using the Giant (+125) to Scarecrow (400) and only producing +483 to all enemies? My math shows it should be somewhere around 525 (125 + 400 = 525). Something does not add up?

Sorry Robbie, but here is where math actually gets a little tricky. Lets take Gargantuan of 225, it will be easier to show you this way.

Scarecrow does 400 damage to all enemies and gives back 1/2 damage to your health.

So, if you boost Scarecrow with Gargantuan, the new damage is 550!

Why you ask? If you take 150 damage and give back 1/2 health, you get 75 health back, correct? 150+75=225, does it not?
So, if you take 400+150= you new damage boost is 550!

This is how proper math is done. Even simple math. If KI can figure out the mathmatics it takes for drain spells, why does it keep messing up with simple addition for resistance?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RobbieRahja wrote:

That is completely different and intended, since Scarecrow is a drain spell. Sun spells do not work at full enchanment, because those spells have a healing component to them.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

ok this post makes no point....to me it says that
=DavidStronghunter1.... is wrong when indeed he is right.... i don't know maybe reading first makes a difference...

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:

He's right it doesn't really matter they designed the game let them do what they want

Armiger
May 10, 2010
wwiill11 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

He's right it doesn't really matter they designed the game let them do what they want

I am sorry, but I don't want my kids to learn that 5+1 is still 5!
I want them to correctly learn that 5+1=6.

You may not care and yes, it is KI's game, but I am the one who pays for it and it is supposed to be a family game, however, I dont buy things for my family that teach things I don't agree with.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Yes, you are correct, proven by paper and technology, but come on... 1% is not the end of W101! It may annoy picky players just for a little tiny difference. KI is busy as you would think as they would be. And here is some, what you could call, proof: https://www.wizard101.com/game/producers-letter-august2011
Read the steps.