Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

myth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Has anyone noticed there aren't allot of myth wizards out there. I only have two myth wizards on my friends list and never see any others. It also seems that myth hasn't gotten a new aoe for a long time.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I've met quite a few Conjurers, which makes me wonder what you're talking about, but then again the Rank 8 spell that was the hardest to get a peak at for me was Medusa as opposed to the other spell which I'd seen several times each. This might be why.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Yes Medusa was hard
Lucky me that i marked the place and had potions
I came back quickly
And look!
No minion just the boss
I was like super happy and beat the dude and got medusa

And basilisk was easy
though the boss get so many critical first time around
came back and owned him

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
123987456 wrote:
Has anyone noticed there aren't allot of myth wizards out there. I only have two myth wizards on my friends list and never see any others. It also seems that myth hasn't gotten a new aoe for a long time.

yea i feel the same way

Destiny iceflame (ice)
Destiny soulspear (death)
Destiny summerflower (fire)
Rachel dreamdreamer ( balance)

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Well myth is a noble and strategic school and it'a about strategy and wits.There aren't too many gifted people out there to realise that we are the best!Thus everyone is so judgeful about Proffesor Drake bein' to mran!Well he may be a little impulsive but he is the best teacher.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Stuns and ward removal is nice, but when it comes right down to it, Myth is a weak damage class that is easily overpowered, and overshadowed, by the other stronger classes.

Unless KI were to allow Myth to truly be Myth....

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Stuns and ward removal is nice, but when it comes right down to it, Myth is a weak damage class that is easily overpowered, and overshadowed, by the other stronger classes.

Unless KI were to allow Myth to truly be Myth....

KI does allow Myth to be Myth. Our strength is divided because of our minions. Learn them. Use them more, or if you don't like them, then Myth probably isn't for you. We move slower because we spend pips on minions to double our damage output, especially in earlier levels. We get our blades early and our minions come with our troll and cyclops spells very early on too. If you think Myth is weak, you aren't using Myth right. Myth isn't straight up raw power. We are one of the most flexible schools you can pick. And that comes at a price.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
You are 100% correct. Minions is what makes the Myth wizard. That is why I created one, and play that same one today.

Now, I had posted this before I finished Zafaria. Before I realized that the final dungeon in Zafaria did not have rules that made minions impractical to use. In a place where Myth cannot use minions, like Waterworks or Nostrand, a Myth wizard becomes crippled and weak, especially when bosses and mobs are immune to stuns.

I have had and played my Myth wizard for a good long time now, and was incredibly 'disgruntled' during the "Celestia age."

Now I will say, heck yea, Myth can finally be Myth in Zafaria.

One thing I do have to say, CorbinW, is that the condescending attitude you used to reply was unneccesary.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
You are 100% correct. Minions is what makes the Myth wizard. That is why I created one, and play that same one today.

Now, I had posted this before I finished Zafaria. Before I realized that the final dungeon in Zafaria did not have rules that made minions impractical to use. In a place where Myth cannot use minions, like Waterworks or Nostrand, a Myth wizard becomes crippled and weak, especially when bosses and mobs are immune to stuns.

I have had and played my Myth wizard for a good long time now, and was incredibly 'disgruntled' during the "Celestia age."

Now I will say, heck yea, Myth can finally be Myth in Zafaria.

One thing I do have to say, CorbinW, is that the condescending attitude you used to reply was unneccesary.

I wasn't trying to be condescending, if you felt that way, please excuse me.

For Waterworks, yes, Myth will struggle, but then again, that place is a group effort involving more than one player. But personally, I've found an excellent way to shine in the waterworks. I've been in many teams where I'm one of two myths, or just the only myth, and I usually end up dealing some of the hardest hits in waterworks. I even competed once with a storm wizard for the hardest hits in that dungeon. The trick is the sun spells, and having gear that keeps your attack damage over 50% which isn't difficult when you have the right gear. My gargantuan frogs in waterworks completely melt the opponents, dealing large amounts of damage. The thing about myth is, because its attack base is medium level, it doesn't improve much as we level, which you know very well, but using multiple frogs and minotaurs, and finishing off with a medusa or orthrus after you have softened the bosses there, you can really come off as one of the best allies in those dungeons. Especially when you can remove enemy feints, or shatter any shields/blades off. I even soloed BriskBreeze tower. No henchmen, no minions, no crown potions. Just a condensed super boosted deck with the right shields and gargantuan and blades.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
shiningfantasia myth is not cripled and weak in nastrond or in waterworks
myth is the third strongest school in the game.
i stopped using minions around level 40 cause i decided i didn't really need them

Blaze ThunderWielder (Level 70 Conjurer)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Myth is awesome in water works because nothing in there resists myth as well as luska, ice and storm mobs granting a boost. I was able to hit luska with a 12k medusa with a myth blade (learned and tc), spirit blade (learned and tc), balance blade, blade storm, myth bubble and a tc garg boost. No critical :P

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, I was kind of referring to the fact that some of the spells Myth gets are weaker than even the general Myth spells, since they have reduced damage in order to compensate for the Stun, Ward/Charm removal effects.

Earthquake, the 6 pip spells, on average, does less damage than the 4-pip frog. Yes, Earthquake does have a relatively useful effect, but, people look at it and go "Gee, 6 pips and only 325 damage?"

Medusa has, in general, reduced damage, in exchange for 2 stuns. Those 2 stuns are way nice, but only if you fight opponents on which it actually works.
Let's say, if Medusa did not stun, let's say it would normally have had 850-890 damage. So, initially, people, even me, look at the 780 attack and go "whaaaat?"

The new Basilisk, which I love for some reason, is a dot, so while it's total damage number is pretty strong, that damage is divided into 4 turns. So, one could translate it as about 300 damage each round. So, people look at a single hit spell like Gnome, or even Leviathan, and go "Leviathan hits straight up for 1,000 damage, for 8 pips, and my 9 pip Basilisk only does 300 damage each round?" See what I mean?

This is what I mean by "Myth in general has weaker attack spells." Most people I know don't seem to like this at all, and prefer schools that have straight up attacks that are much more powerful, and seem to completely overshadow Myth.

I tried to learn to play my fullest as best as I could. Around schools that learned their 8 pip AoE attacks, I felt tiny and weak, but using my frog and boosting it with Gargantuan (now Colossus) and blades, I was knocking out mobs faster than even Forest Lord or Storm Lord.

Anyway, I do realize I am being waaay technical. Thank you for your guys' inputs and thoughts. Until the day I die, I will remain Myth at heart, even if I am not 100% happy like I was during the "Celestian age."