Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP live with it!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
people are always complaining about a fair pvp system. but most people who dont think its fair is because they cant have their way. nobody is ever going to be satisfied with pvp because they loose at it. some camplaints are lagit like talos before he got banned from pvp. but as it is, if you take the time to understand how pvp works you will realize it is fair. any spell can be used (including treasure),but if it is becoming a problem like talos then i am fine, but people insist it isnt fair they always will. so think before you complain, "if i did that could i win more?" the answer is probably yes.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Exactly.. Good to see someone separating the wants and needs of the pvp system. If you don't like it don't play it... Simple. I've heard it all pets are unfair, some schools are better than others, hats are unfair (which I agree with) minions, treasure cards, amulets, shields, traps, blades, spells.... You know what NOTHING is fair at all about pvp lol... Even Diego that scoundrel sells the arena gear for WAY to many tickets! No fair Diego... No fair. Suck it up and play people, find your groove and with patience you will succeed at any level with any school, just keep those strong hats off because they are cheap and unfair.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I will say this, the one thing that Does need to be fixed, is that matching system... No way should anyone have to face someone that is more than 10 levels above them, I am sorry, but there are limits to what should and should not happen in a Ranked PvP match!

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Exactly.. Good to see someone separating the wants and needs of the pvp system. If you don't like it don't play it... Simple. I've heard it all pets are unfair, some schools are better than others, hats are unfair (which I agree with) minions, treasure cards, amulets, shields, traps, blades, spells.... You know what NOTHING is fair at all about pvp lol... Even Diego that scoundrel sells the arena gear for WAY to many tickets! No fair Diego... No fair. Suck it up and play people, find your groove and with patience you will succeed at any level with any school, just keep those strong hats off because they are cheap and unfair.

thank you for agreeing with me i get tired of seeing complaints that are wants more than needs. i am not saying every complaint is a want but lately there are way to many easily explained by the stickied and anouncements at the start of the pvp forum. take the time to read them.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
PvP isn't fair. KI took the chance. PvP never works no matter what game. People level up, new gear, and an update restricting this would be tons of work. Of course PvP is messed up. KI can't do a thing. Live with it!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
I will say this, the one thing that Does need to be fixed, is that matching system... No way should anyone have to face someone that is more than 10 levels above them, I am sorry, but there are limits to what should and should not happen in a Ranked PvP match!
look at gamma's post it explains everything.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Oh, I have!

Once upon a time, there was a PvP system, that Gamma talks about. However, things have changed and is not always a published update.

It used to be, the longer you waited, the bigger the mismatch you could get! That is the way it used to be!

Now, although, I have not been back to pvp in about a month, a low level warlord, low level meaning even level 10, can face a legend, in a matter of seconds. Not minutes, or long wait times, but seconds...

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
hanable33 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Oh, I have!

Once upon a time, there was a PvP system, that Gamma talks about. However, things have changed and is not always a published update.

It used to be, the longer you waited, the bigger the mismatch you could get! That is the way it used to be!

Now, although, I have not been back to pvp in about a month, a low level warlord, low level meaning even level 10, can face a legend, in a matter of seconds. Not minutes, or long wait times, but seconds...

the reason it doesnt take so long is because they sped up the system to find the closest match to you faster i am appreciative of it but though recently i did loose to a captain on my balance who has only done about 15 matches but i live with it because it is a game of luck that skill plays a partial role. (i almost beat the captain but he criticaled a heal and i couldnt kill in time.)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
hanable33 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Oh, I have!

the reason it doesnt take so long is because they sped up the system to find the closest match to you faster i am appreciative of it but though recently i did loose to a captain on my balance who has only done about 15 matches but i live with it because it is a game of luck that skill plays a partial role. (i almost beat the captain but he criticaled a heal and i couldnt kill in time.)

I am not sure how long you have been a part of PvP, and my recent survey of PvP has shown the matchups to have gotten a lot better than what they were.

However, it was not that long ago, less than a month, that if you were low level and signed up for a 1v1 ranked pvp match, you could in a matter of seconds be matched up against a legend.

Now, this did not happen rarely, or hardly ever, this happened a majority of the time. 8 out of 10 to 9 out of 10. This was a severe problem, one that I hope and think maybe KI has finally fixed. *Fingers Crossed*

This had nothing to do with "Luck" partial or otherwise.

Thank you

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
please specify pvp highest lvl pvp lower lvl pvp? i have little experience in low lvl pvp but i have gotten very good at it. as for highest lvl i have one commander death (before zf still need to lvl him to transcended) and a transcended veteran balance who hasnt had much of a chance to lvl up (less than 20 matches total) recently. if you are having problems with low lvl pvp i have found a trick. wait for a day with a ton of realms full that usually means more low lvls are online and your chances increase of getting a lvl closer to you. to those of you who can level up to the highest lvl possible there are plenty matches there. I have been in ranked for about 1.5 years. and it has gotten much better.