Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new simple abbreviations for text chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
So I was thinking to add simple abbreviations for texting in the text chat. Like simple words that we might use, example.
are = r
you = u
And more.
I think this would be a great idea because there are a lot of people who text a lot and I think it would be cool if we could abbreviate on simple words to make texting faster.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
i think that would be a great idea because i am always to busy to text cause im always doing quests

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Also add im for I'm, bb for briskbreeze, sg for spiral geographic, ToH for helephant tower, and ww for waterworks.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I'm accually against this. Too many people are too lazy to write "Hello, how are you today?" and write, "Hi, how ru 2day?" It makes you sound like you have no idea what you're doing. I mean, would it kill you to write a three letter word? We're not Lolcats for pete's sake! Sorry if it came off rude, but I'm not censoring my thoughts from anyone.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
Also add im for I'm, bb for briskbreeze, sg for spiral geographic, ToH for helephant tower, and ww for waterworks.
tower of the helephant is toth already abbreviated :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Abbreviations are great for when your texting someone and need to get your point across quickly and in under a certain number of characters. As for Wizard 101 text chat, I think you have the time to type a three letter word such as "are" or "you". But hey, that's just 50-word-per-minute-typer me...