Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disappointed in Zarfaria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
i was sad how zarfaria came out and how it looked. mainly the market it is way to costs to much and not worth it too me the amulets are cool but that's the only thing i liked about the whole world and the monster aren't a challenge too me i was really disappointed that KI made this world and expected way better of them now my expectations have gone way to much that i don't like the game any more.

if you agree or disagree please post on this page

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Uh.. Sorry to say. but it's Zafaria not Zarfaria. Second of all, I haven't even been there, i'm only a level 47, but I caught a glimpse, and I really can't wait. I respect your opinion, but don't hate the whole game just because of one world. KI worked hard to make the game, at least I hope so. Good luck with it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
your lucky they dont charge crowns for it, besides once you finish Zf you will get enough loot to sell and get money, worked for me.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
I totally agree with the first post.
!.) leveled from 60 to 70 halfway through Zarfaria. That way much too easy
2.) The new spells lacked the Proper WOW factor. They're ok
3.) Crafting is a major element of the game that was not expanded properly.
Actually, I bought the subscription based on what I thought at the time was a good crafting aspect. Feel let down.
4.) Gear.....Lets not talk about the gear. I'm still using the same stuff I had already because the Zarfaria stuff is straight garbage. Terrible stats.
Lol ...Actually i see a gear nerf in progress since the stuff We already have is awesome.. Sorry developers, It's way to late to do that. Instead of gear nerfing the expected thing to do is to make mobs more like fighting a player, heals, crits, etc... Never try to go backwards. You will lose all your pay players.

I really didnt like being able to blow through this new content in a couple of days.
This is a prime example of rushing a product to market to please the masses

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Zafaria is awful.

1.) I started less then a week ago and I already leveled up six times.

2.) The fights are way too easy. They enemies don't critical or block critical hits. They're also just kind of weak all around. I want a challenge.

3.)The legendary crafting quest is ridiculous. It takes large amounts of the two rarest reagents in the game. It will take me at lest three weeks to complete.

4.) The gear is worthless. The Waterworks gear remains the best in the game with the level 58 gear and crafted Celestia gear the second best.

5.) The worst thing is the defeat and collect quests. The fire lion ravagers in the savannah are just the beginning. I'm currently in stone town and Zafaria so far has more defeat and collect quest then I can count.

To sum it up Zafaria is a boring world with very little variety. The entire world is full of defeat and collect quests, the gear is awful, and the fights are too easy to be very entertaining.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
The main problem here is that the gear hasn't been raised and there are some glitches and some boses cheat. Kingsile what is the point of the bosses cheating. They get to cheat and we dont. Same thing in wysteria. whoever agrees help me change this issue

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
waleedprw wrote:
The main problem here is that the gear hasn't been raised and there are some glitches and some boses cheat. Kingsile what is the point of the bosses cheating. They get to cheat and we dont. Same thing in wysteria. whoever agrees help me change this issue

Well, in my opinion, the cheating of the enemies is one of the greatest updates yet.

Why can't we cheat? You ask. Why do the enemies get an advantage we don't?

The fact is, the enemies don't exactly have minds. They're computer programs. If we had the capability to cheat, they'd completely ignore the negative effect on them, and do it again.

The cheating of enemies makes the game more of a challenge, and more strategic. It forces people to use teamwork, and their current knowledge.

---

As for the gear, I can't say anything. After completing the waterworks seven times and getting no gear, I really can't see the differences. All I can say is that the ice defense factor is horrible if you equip that gear. We're supposed to have a lot of defense!

But, I saw the critical bonus on the gear, and Transcended gear is probably coming soon, so I took some ZF gear. Fair enough, right?

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I love Zafaria. I truly do. The graphics are amazing.

And what I do love about it is. That you really don't need to buy the way "Too" Expensive henchmen. Get a friend and have a grand ole time :)

I don't mind the leveling up quickly. It's rather fun. It's not too easy. It's challenging. Not to hard either.

Remember this is a kid's game that everyone at all age level do enjoy. So we have to remember this is design for kids. We don't want it too hard for them. Yes I know that they play all sorts of video games. I'm talking about younger ones.

But it is challenging enough for me. And I rather play with my friends. It makes it more fun.

Now I will say what I am disappointed in.

Henchmen: Tooo overpriced and they're not even doing what they're suppose to do. Especially the Life. They're too selfish.

Critical: oh my goodness Let's not go there. You can hardly Well I know I Can't hardly critical at all in Zafaria. My gear is good. My Crit rating for ice is 101. So you would think I would be Crit more than not.

Let's just say I rarely Crit with my ice wizard. I'm not happy about that. It does not matter what I gear her with. I just can't get it to crit.

My friends can Critical Left and Right. But I seem to fail almost all the time.

The Quests: Mostly the collecting quests. I don't care what world you are in. I hate it I hate it I hate it! It takes forever. It's the most tedious, awful and people just shudder when they have to collect 10 and it takes about 50 + kills in order to collect what 2 or three. It gets frustrating and to be honest not everyone has that kind of time.

Plus, when people do help you out, they can collect easy and your still stuck on the task.

The Gear: I do like the designs but yeah...I have to agree way over price and if I can't crit with the gear I have on. Some of the gear have been dropped from Zafaria. Yeah it isn't good. People want to Crit. I know it'll make the game way too easy. But that's what the gear is for.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
1.) I started less then a week ago and I already leveled up six times.

2.) The fights are way too easy. They enemies don't critical or block critical hits. They're also just kind of weak all around. I want a challenge.

3.)The legendary crafting quest is ridiculous. It takes large amounts of the two rarest reagents in the game. It will take me at lest three weeks to complete.

4.) The gear is worthless. The Waterworks gear remains the best in the game with the level 58 gear and crafted Celestia gear the second best.

Quoted for truth...

I don't really mind the lack of creative quests. A fight is a fight really, but most of the "boss" types aren't even dropping loot for me let alone the stuff I do get being a mishmash of schools and stats all combined in rather bad ways.

This gear is obviously going off the second school amulet you can get that uses power pips for a second school. Unfortunately the Zafaria Gear waters both schools power down too much.

I think KI might be in error if they are thinking of spreading the spellcasting out like this. The Tempest Gear on my Legendary Storm Mage is still alot better than any of the "Hybrid" gear that is dropping in Zafaria.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
JAMS1054 wrote:
waleedprw wrote:

Well, in my opinion, the cheating of the enemies is one of the greatest updates yet.

Why can't we cheat? You ask. Why do the enemies get an advantage we don't?

The fact is, the enemies don't exactly have minds. They're computer programs. If we had the capability to cheat, they'd completely ignore the negative effect on them, and do it again.

The cheating of enemies makes the game more of a challenge, and more strategic. It forces people to use teamwork, and their current knowledge.

---

As for the gear, I can't say anything. After completing the waterworks seven times and getting no gear, I really can't see the differences. All I can say is that the ice defense factor is horrible if you equip that gear. We're supposed to have a lot of defense!

But, I saw the critical bonus on the gear, and Transcended gear is probably coming soon, so I took some ZF gear. Fair enough, right?

'Why can't we cheat?' - What do you think the Pet 'May Casts' are? They are KingsIsle giving us a chance to have the boss Interrupt. We have a lot of different 'Cheats' we can do.

Regarding gear, I stayed with my Crown gear or my DS Best gear through most of Celestia. I can honestly say I'm eagerly waiting to see what the LEVEL 70 Gear will look like. If Waterworks is any example, I expect the Storm School damage to drop a bit, but for them to get Generic Damage boost...

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
sasuke123248 wrote:
Uh.. Sorry to say. but it's Zafaria not Zarfaria. Second of all, I haven't even been there, i'm only a level 47, but I caught a glimpse, and I really can't wait. I respect your opinion, but don't hate the whole game just because of one world. KI worked hard to make the game, at least I hope so. Good luck with it.

i am a level 70 and i dont like zf a ton and i finished it

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
animalcrackersr1 wrote:
i was sad how zarfaria came out and how it looked. mainly the market it is way to costs to much and not worth it too me the amulets are cool but that's the only thing i liked about the whole world and the monster aren't a challenge too me i was really disappointed that KI made this world and expected way better of them now my expectations have gone way to much that i don't like the game any more.

if you agree or disagree please post on this page

i agree
flint nightbreaker=level70 fire wiz

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
INVIDD wrote:
I totally agree with the first post.
!.) leveled from 60 to 70 halfway through Zarfaria. That way much too easy
2.) The new spells lacked the Proper WOW factor. They're ok
3.) Crafting is a major element of the game that was not expanded properly.
Actually, I bought the subscription based on what I thought at the time was a good crafting aspect. Feel let down.
4.) Gear.....Lets not talk about the gear. I'm still using the same stuff I had already because the Zarfaria stuff is straight garbage. Terrible stats.
Lol ...Actually i see a gear nerf in progress since the stuff We already have is awesome.. Sorry developers, It's way to late to do that. Instead of gear nerfing the expected thing to do is to make mobs more like fighting a player, heals, crits, etc... Never try to go backwards. You will lose all your pay players.

I really didnt like being able to blow through this new content in a couple of days.
This is a prime example of rushing a product to market to please the masses

i agree with you

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
*Sigh* More complaints? So what is ZF was a tad easy?

well maybe we want more out of KI

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
my only disappointment is that the final dungeon is a solo and the last battle is so unbalanced i die before i get to cast a spell. the combat ratio is totally off.

i wont spoil it i will let you go fight it solo.

and if you have and you have won by some chance please do not spoil it for others by posting how here.
i just wanted to add my only disappointment me to the list

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:

only easy thing would be to fix the final battle in the queens crypt

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I think everything is perfect especially for the age groups the game is aimed at not too DIFFICULT and is entertaining try and remember this isnt that other online game.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Boy, you guys are all complainers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zafaria is sickly awesome!!!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
exactly the people here except you, me and a couple of of other people aren't complainers. The rest of the people are big fat five year olds complaining about everything.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
hobi wrote:
my only disappointment is that the final dungeon is a solo and the last battle is so unbalanced i die before i get to cast a spell. the combat ratio is totally off.

i wont spoil it i will let you go fight it solo.

and if you have and you have won by some chance please do not spoil it for others by posting how here.
i just wanted to add my only disappointment me to the list

The Final dungeon is NOT a Solo-Only. I manage to do Mirror Lake quite often with 4 players.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Zafaria seems very strange to me, not that it is new world, what I mean is, it is like a totally different group of people made Zafaria and not King's Isle. I know that seems wierd but that is the feeling I receive. For one thing the fact that the henchman price was raised to the high price. Also, Zafaria feels like it was just thrown together, and that is not the way King's Isle makes their games. In Zafaria at first, the colors all blend in together so a person is not sure where anything is, and this also is not like King's Isle. I know King's Isle gives a lot of money to charity, which is fine but did you think of all of the little kids who spend money playing your game, and then they now realize no longer can they buy a henchman when in need?
What about those poor little kids? I should know, cause I certainly do not have a lot of money. Have you all noticed the price of food in real life these days? I had to quit smoking cigarettes so I could pay my bills. I mean in the U.S, things are very difficult today as far as money. I do wonder why Zafaria is below the standards I am use to comparing it to the other wonderful worlds of Wizard 101. Kelly Spiritcathcher

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
first, I had a hard time reading this. Just saying. Second, KI went through a lot to give us this. You should be grateful. Third, I saw the preview and if I don't get into Zafaria soon I think I'm gonna blow my top :( fourth, I think you aren't being fair. I heard the market stuff is worth it.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
In reply to last message. I know I sounded harsh in my earlier note.
I think one of my fears is that Wizard 101 will get to expensive and
I no longer will be able to play. I do love the music in Zafaria, the beat of the drums and the singing is really charming. I also noticed the great art work. The new levels of armor are not helping my character however.
I miss the human henchman and I can no longer order a life character if I need one. There are a lot of things I do like about Zafaria. I am worried about how long I will be able to play. I am paying for me and three of my kids. I have already played other games and I prefer Wizard 101.
I realize my financial plight is my problem. I believe KI knows what I am trying to express. They know I love this game. Kelly Spiritcatcher Life Wizard :D

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008