Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School For PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
What is the best school for pvp?
I am leaning towards storm because of spells such as: Stormzilla, Tempest, Wild Bolt, and the new lvl 68 one.
I am just curious because I want to make a pvp warlord and I want to know what school I should do it on.

Please Discuss

Yours Sincerely, hela3

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Storm isn't very good for PvP in my opinion. Fire on the other hand has good damage, defense, and health. So I think fire is the best for PvP.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Fire or Myth. Choose fire if you are going to do more group play (there are better group pvp schools, but fire is the most well rounded.)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hela3,

Depends on what type of PvP you plan on doing, is it 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc?

If it's 1v1, I would strongly suggest a Fire or Myth.
Fire is my first choice in 1v1, Myth would be second.

If it's 2v2, I like Life, Death, Myth or Storm, (and Storm is what I use here). Try to get a Life as a Partner, if you can, they work well together.

If it's 3v3 or 4v4, Life, Storm, Ice, or Myth. (Again, I would use storm here, in my case).

It's always good to have a Balance on your team, especially if you choose to be a Storm. They have great heals and can boost and protect you.

I would suggest that if you are not doing 1v1, that you not join in with a random group. Find someone that you can talk with and form a strategy to use, and talk matching compatibility of your decks. After at least 10 to20 practice matches to adjust your decks, then go after that Warlord title.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
heres what i think the best is: myth. myth is well rounded it has spells that attack all opponents for a decent pip cost, good charms like mythblade, and if you take life as a secondary like me, in my opinon, your unstopable. now storm wizards please dont hate me, but i really dont think storm is the best
Ian Mythgiver

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Storm isn't very good for PvP in my opinion. Fire on the other hand has good damage, defense, and health. So I think fire is the best for PvP.

Not in my opinion. Fire is the second strongest in strength and also the second weakest in health, compared to storm. Fire's health is pretty weak, compared to death, ice and life, the three spirit schools that can solo the game.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Wouldn't it be best if people made their posts about this type of thing when we actually figure out how the new Zafaria spells work in the arena? It's certainly going to change how most of us play. And what level PvP are you talking about? Ice is probably best in lower level, though Storm might dominate after Sirens starts being used.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I think that storm or life are really good. In a 2v2 match the best combo is storm and ice. Storm has the attack but weaker defense while ice has weaker attack but stronger defense. You can also use a life vs fire. The life has and advantage because if the wizard knows triange, any over time damge spell (fire dragon, fire elf, link, etc.) that the fire wizard cats can be dispelled. Also, any damage the fire wizard does can be healed or blocked with absorb. The absorb also works on balance spells.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
hela3 wrote:
What is the best school for pvp?
I am leaning towards storm because of spells such as: Stormzilla, Tempest, Wild Bolt, and the new lvl 68 one.
I am just curious because I want to make a pvp warlord and I want to know what school I should do it on.

Please Discuss

Yours Sincerely, hela3
hey i'm a pvp warlord and im life and storm (great combanasoin) :D and have

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Nah, you're all wrong!

The best school for PvP is Gargantuan or Colossal, depending on your level :P

Rofl

Survivor
Oct 25, 2011
In my opinion, I think balance is the best school for 1v1. Only because they have good heath, shields for every school but there own, and they have judgement. Haha thats really all they need to be a really good school for pvp.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

Not in my opinion. Fire is the second strongest in strength and also the second weakest in health, compared to storm. Fire's health is pretty weak, compared to death, ice and life, the three spirit schools that can solo the game.

Ice isn't a spirit school....... :?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
dpeneds what type of pvp 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4? myht is atm very good at 1v1 because of 2 hit spells like minotaur, orthrus and the new dot basilisk and 4v4 with earthqueake. storm and fire and occasionally ice are generally 2v2 and 3v3 and 4v4 because they have good multi attack spells. death and life arebelow myth at 1v1 because their multi attacks arent so good as others in my opinion and have their own strengths. and balance is not best in any single class naturally but depending on how you like to play as one it will work for any type. forgot to metnion storm ice and fire are about equal with everyone at 1v1.