Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wishing i could kill henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
My husband and I went into Jotun with our level 50 and level 40 characters, for my quest. Knowing what we were in for, we each decided to hire a life henchmen. In the past we used Rose, with much success (usually). Rose wasn't terrifically bright, but I could count on her to keep me alive.

We are now in the 15th round or more, and the level 60 life henchman my husband hired has now healed himself 10 times and either of us NOT ONCE.
The level 70 henchman has healed me exactly once, and has healed himself about a dozen times, always making sure he puts a blade of life on himself first. When they have thrown an attack, it was a life spell on the LIFE MONSTER. This is unbelievable. Is this a joke? They have not taken any damage. I am nearly dead, and so is my husband. (Oh, wait, yay! The level 60 one got taken out! WOOT!)

Thank heavens our pets are healers. I wish there was a way we could dismiss henchmen. I do not have sacrifice minion cards in my deck, but i am not even sure that I could use on a henchman.
Listen, KI, changing the henchmen to creatures is fun and all, but upping the price on life henchmen who DO NOT HELP was not fair.

We hired a fire henchman, and he dragoned immediately. At least one of these things can think.
I will NOT be using a life henchman again. Rose, I miss you.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
24hourmama wrote:
In the past we used Rose, with much success (usually). Rose wasn't terrifically bright, but I could count on her to keep me alive.

I will NOT be using a life henchman again. Rose, I miss you.

I loved your statement but had to agree so much with these two comments. Made me really smile as I have thought the same things.

I understand they are working on henchmen and hope they fix the life at all levels. I will use them every once in a while, instead of a lot as I was, to see if they have improved. I usually solo the wizards on my two accounts and really counted on Rose in spite of her faults (lol) when I was in the multiple boss fights. She did her job when all was said and done, even if she could be slow. Now we have to pay way too much for broken henchmen. 400 crowns to be defeated? I don't think so.

I am counting on KI to figure out this is not the way to make money or friends (new or continuing players). I have to admit, I am saving money even if I can't do the big fights. However, will have to quit when I can no longer go to new places in spiral because I cannot do final fights. Maybe they should let us put the henchmen in the first player's circle so they get the most hits. Of course the ice henchman helps by casting taunt. Still, life is going to get awfully bored when no one uses them for being so selfish. If they die I hire another life henchman. If I die, they lose too.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
I had a negative experience with the new henchman in a boss fight as well. It did heal me one time , however healed itself about 12 times while sitting at full health!
I agree that 400 crowns is way too much to charge for a henchman lacking some type of AI programming to let it know who needs the heal. I may try the level 50 if I get in a bind, but I am done with the cute monkey with the spear.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I would recommend to everyone to not buy any henchmen until KI reviews their power, especially the life henchmen.

I bought four level 70 Life Henchmen that only heal themselves and heal you about 1 in 10 rounds (and it was usually something weak like sprite or Satyr). I can count on the Water Elemental to heal me more often now !!!!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
gmaof4ggmaof2 wrote:
However, will have to quit when I can no longer go to new places in spiral because I cannot do final fights.

The solution is to ask some high level friends to go with you, actually.

At a certain level bosses start cheating and you do not want to hire a henchman or cast a minion when facing a cheating boss. Those battles and dungeons aren't designed to be soloed, either. So it might be good if you stopped relaying on henchmen and made a number of friends you can quest with, anyway.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Carry around your School's Sacrifice Minion spell. The Minion Buffs that Myth gets can be used on Henchmen, so I'm pretty sure you can Sacrifice / Steal 350 health from them.