Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why steals cannot and will not heal all.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Now I have seen a lot of people suggesting an aoe steal spell for death. I am not saying they are bad ideas, but death cannot (and most likely will not be able to) heal all friends. That is life's job as the healer, and the life mastery amulet gives people the power to heal easily. Besides, death already a heal in its own school! Not to mention they can do just about anything anyone else can. AoE healing to? No way!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

I think a spell to heal all friends would be a cool idea, actually.
Death is already the 2nd best healer in the game (sacrifice is 700 base health).
Sacrifice makes sense, as death uses the power of necromancy to bring things back from the dead.
That's why they heal others.
They are the anti-life (student). The mirror image.

I have a feeling death will get a spell to heal all friends, one day..
It wont be like a rebirth. Life students will always be the kings and queens of healing.
It will be more like a unicorn. Nothing major, but health nonetheless.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
bravevline wrote:
Now I have seen a lot of people suggesting an aoe steal spell for death. I am not saying they are bad ideas, but death cannot (and most likely will not be able to) heal all friends. That is life's job as the healer, and the life mastery amulet gives people the power to heal easily. Besides, death already a heal in its own school! Not to mention they can do just about anything anyone else can. AoE healing to? No way!

OK- and what was the meaning of this post? To state an opinion which I support? Fantastic.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
loki1201 wrote:

I think a spell to heal all friends would be a cool idea, actually.
Death is already the 2nd best healer in the game (sacrifice is 700 base health).
Sacrifice makes sense, as death uses the power of necromancy to bring things back from the dead.
That's why they heal others.
They are the anti-life (student). The mirror image.

I have a feeling death will get a spell to heal all friends, one day..
It wont be like a rebirth. Life students will always be the kings and queens of healing.
It will be more like a unicorn. Nothing major, but health nonetheless.

Rebirth and unicorn are the ONLY heal all spells. Death having this ability?
NOT LIKELY and not practical. Sacrifice is a good heal, but I never have more than 2 of those loaded if any at all on my death wizard. But then my death wizard also has life as secondary and she does not have unicorn or rebirth as there are certain secondary spells you can't get from any school.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Well they do have sacrifice and sacrifice is enough o:

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Why not a group version of Sacrifice where it takes twice as much life and spreads it to the rest of the team. It would be more damaging to the death wizard but shields, weaknesses, and armor could make it feasible.

I'm surprised Death doesn't have a spell that hurts the opponent over time while giving life to himself. Even Fire has a spell like that and it seems much more of a Death type spell to me.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:

Hmm...you do have a point.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Death is the opposite of life, and a spell like this would allow it to heal under doom and gloom, thus making its healing ability the opposite of life's.

A fair compromise would be if you could choose the target your steal spell heals rather than making it an AoE health return.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Death is the opposite of life, and a spell like this would allow it to heal under doom and gloom, thus making its healing ability the opposite of life's.

A fair compromise would be if you could choose the target your steal spell heals rather than making it an AoE health return.

I disagree, an AoE health return should be left as it is for the casting wizards only.