Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There is such a thing as too hard.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I don't know if this will even be read by Kings Isle, but it needs to be said. There is such a thing as too hard. Players want to be challenged, but they also want to enjoy the game. I have spent hours trying to play the new towers. The Collosuss Avenue, the Marleybone Regent Square. I have used multiple potions to give me better hits and more life, and I have played with three other legendary players. These towers are just too hard. I have not beaten them, and have become so frustrated I have considered quitting the game altogether. I have spent, or rather wasted, quite a bit of money on crowns. And if I'm just too frustrated to even try? I can't take quests off my list. When a tower is unbeatable with four level 60 platers? There is a problem. I'm afraid to even look at the Helephant tower. It's probably just as bad. Level 60 players want more content, yes, but not something that we cannot defeat. It's a cruel joke, and I for one am not laughing.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
RavenEilan wrote:
I don't know if this will even be read by Kings Isle, but it needs to be said. There is such a thing as too hard. Players want to be challenged, but they also want to enjoy the game. I have spent hours trying to play the new towers. The Collosuss Avenue, the Marleybone Regent Square. I have used multiple potions to give me better hits and more life, and I have played with three other legendary players. These towers are just too hard. I have not beaten them, and have become so frustrated I have considered quitting the game altogether. I have spent, or rather wasted, quite a bit of money on crowns. And if I'm just too frustrated to even try? I can't take quests off my list. When a tower is unbeatable with four level 60 platers? There is a problem. I'm afraid to even look at the Helephant tower. It's probably just as bad. Level 60 players want more content, yes, but not something that we cannot defeat. It's a cruel joke, and I for one am not laughing.

I understand what you are saying about the difficulty level, but I just wanted to point out, in case you didn't realize it, that those two towers that you mentioned (Colossus and Marleybone) are not "required" to advance in the game. I have both of them in my Quest Log file, and maybe "some day" I will venture into them. I did take a "peek" at the Marleybone Tower, and tried just one level to see what it was like. Not sure when I'll be going back...

But please don't let things like that keep you from playing the game. It has so much to offer. Try to enjoy the rest of it. And, have fun !

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
RavenEilan wrote:
I don't know if this will even be read by Kings Isle, but it needs to be said. There is such a thing as too hard. Players want to be challenged, but they also want to enjoy the game.

@RavenEilan,

I would be happy to join up with you to complete the Warehouse and BriskBreeze Tower. Set a time over the weekend and let me know where and when to meet you. I'll bring along my finest comrades. We'll get you through those pesky dungeons :)

Regards,
qbb/Moira Shadowmancer, Legendary Necromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The towers aren't hard if everybody knows what to do. There are strategy guides for all of the tough instances on Wizard101 Central.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
They're supposed to be challenging, but you don't have to do them. Just ignore the quest because you won't be able to delete it. I don't know what to tell you besides keep trying. It's not impossible, trust me, but I will say Briskbreeze Tower is harder than the Spiral Geographic in my opinion, and you don't have to fight the final boss before talking to the guard. I walked around then tried fighting the boss and lost. I've completed Spiral Geographic a few times though. It's all strategy and the people you bring with you.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
RavenEilan wrote:

I am level or WAS level 44 when I beat the MarleyBone tower called keingston park, or whatever, with a level 60.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
RavenEilan wrote:
The Collosuss Avenue, the Marleybone Regent Square. I have used multiple potions to give me better hits and more life, and I have played with three other legendary players. These towers are just too hard. I have not beaten them, and have become so frustrated I have considered quitting the game altogether.

1. you can't use henchmen or minions in those, or any other places where the bosses cheat. The henchmen and minions will trigger the cheats.

2. There are specific things you MUST do in order to beat the bosses and specific things you must NOT do. If you don't follow the "rules" for the boss you're fighting, he/she/it will cheat and wipe you out. If you DO follow the "rules", you'll finish the tower without too much problem.

3. the bosses themselves give you hints on how to beat them. Those hints are usually in the large text that floats up the screen but sometimes it's in their dialog when you first enter their room, too.

5. detailed instructions on the cheating bosses and what to do and not do are posted in many places on the net. Look them up.

6. I and many many others have beaten briskbreeze on Collosuss Avenue, the warehouse tower in Marleybone, and all the other towers and dungeons where the bosses cheat. I've personally beaten all of them several times. If you'd like to arrange a time to meet me online, I'll be happy to go through the tower(s) with you and help you beat it(them).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenEilan wrote:
When a tower is unbeatable with four level 60 platers? There is a problem. I'm afraid to even look at the Helephant tower. It's probably just as bad. Level 60 players want more content, yes, but not something that we cannot defeat. It's a cruel joke, and I for one am not laughing.

Actually, quite a few level 60 wizards have beaten it. So it's not too hard for everyone, just some people. They were purposely meant to not be easy or normal, but very challenging. You might need to bring some different players with you or try a different strategy. Or you could wait until Zafaria comes out. The new levels and spells will certainly assist you in defeating those old quests.

Of course, as Honeybee pointed out, these are optional. You are not required to defeat those dungeons.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
Go to Wizard101Central.com and look up the guides for these towers. There is great information about what to expect and guides on ways to be successful in them. Knowledge is power.

I hate to say it, but try to do them with people you know, if possible. Knowing how a person battles helps a great deal with team work. These towers require teamwork.

Experience is a plus and getting a wizard to Legendary does not necessarily mean that wizard is experienced. Don't take that the wrong way, only you know how experienced you are, I mean that mainly for the people you might go in with. Don't assume because they are Legendary that they know how to work as a team or even play the game well. The first time I ran the Marleybone tower and Briskbreeze, I swore I'd never go back! I do WaterWorks with one other friend for fun now :)

Hang in there and don't give up. If you don't want the challenge of the towers right now, then don't do them. They are not required. True, you cannot delete the quest, but you might find further down the road that you want to beat those towers. It's a great sense of accomplishment when you do. Good Luck!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
RavenEilan wrote:
I don't know if this will even be read by Kings Isle, but it needs to be said. There is such a thing as too hard. Players want to be challenged, but they also want to enjoy the game.

@RavenEilan,

I would be happy to join up with you to complete the Warehouse and BriskBreeze Tower. Set a time over the weekend and let me know where and when to meet you. I'll bring along my finest comrades. We'll get you through those pesky dungeons :)

Regards,
qbb/Moira Shadowmancer, Legendary Necromancer

I'd be happy to help as well. :D

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The Warehouse and Briskbreeze are actually among the easier of the "hard" towers. Go poke Tower of the Helephant, or Waterworks, and then go back to the Warehouse and Briskbreeze.

Still, none of these towers are mandatory, and they mostly exist as a challenge for those of us who... want a challenge. Seriously.

If you sit down with your wizard, work out their strengths and weaknesses, figure out how to boost your power and defend your weaknesses, and overall play your class to the fullest, then the game can quickly become somewhat dull.

You breeze through enemies. You destroy ordinary bosses in a few rounds. You even go toe-to-toe with resistant mobs, or try to take them out using only wands while wearing nothing but your underwear...

It's for those people that the hard towers exist. The ones that WILL brutalise you, and WILL beat you, and WILL send you crying after pulling six powerpips out of nowhere to blast you with an extremely overpowered Judgement that you can only defend against with a very specific deck... Those towers are a challenge, and some of us want that challenge.

If you want to beat the towers and dungeons, your best bet is to look around. Find a group that know the towers, who understand their own parts, who can communicate, and who - probably the most important point - are capable of setting aside their own "I am the only person who can do this" mentality in favour of team work.

Find one of those überplayers. And you will find that the towers are suddenly not quite as intimidating as they look.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, I got to this post a bit late (as in, five people had already offered) but I'd be happy to do Briskbreeze Tower and the dungeon in Marleybone with you. Necromancers are fantastic support roles, and are insanely difficult to kill in PvE.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
EvanJadepetal wrote:
RavenEilan wrote:

I am level or WAS level 44 when I beat the MarleyBone tower called keingston park, or whatever, with a level 60.

Both of these towers can be beaten, and as was stated by another poster, go with a team you have already played with. Knowing how others battle makes a big difference.

Now, EvanJadepetal, The tower being discussed is the Spiral Geographic (also known as the Warehouse) in Marleybone. NOT Kensington Park. That is a whole different ballgame. And you should not have been able to get into that tower at level 44

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
RavenEilan wrote:

I have beaten all legendary and grandmaster towers. Just prepare. I'd advise going in with a high level life. Might I remind that these towers/dungeons are optional and are supposed to be a challenge in which they are and I love their difficulty.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
The Legend Towers (Briskbreeze, Warehouse, Waterworks...) are difficult for a reason.

I have a total of 6 Legends(Including hubby's) and only one of them has done all. My Necromancer..

My other girls (and hubby's 2 Balance Legends) are having alot of difficulties. They each have done one one or more of the towers and I find that simply asking to go in with a group easily solves this problem. It's how I did Waterworks, was just hanging around and a group came up and asked if I would join them.

"Doing your homework" is always a good thing too. Central Wiki and Central have ALOT of information. I always look up bosses and/or towers before I go in, just to be sure I won't do something stupid. Also helps farming... :D

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
I think you're over reacting. Just because you can't beat a tower doesn't mean you throw a hissy fit and throw in the towel.

I get that the Reagent's Square dungeon is hard, but you don't just give up. The reason this is an MMO is so people can work together. Don't make a comeback saying, "I already tried ". Try a different combination of people. Are you making the right person go first? Is your healer doing their job? Do you HAVE a healer? These are just some of the questions you can ask yourself.

If you still don't want to do the work and/or are STILL frustrated, just wait until the new level cap is on live. Should be easier then.