Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kormak Shadowclaw Bug

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
So I defeated Kormak in Wintertusk, and supposedly got the key to free Hrothgar from his cage. My quest arrow says "use key to free Hrothgar," or something similar. But Hrothgar doesn't know I have the key, so he keeps telling me to defeat Kormak and get it. Now this guy, Kormak, was a major pain with his tower shield cheats, and I am not going to fight him again. Nope, won't do it. I walked all around the cage, hoping that Hrothgar's question mark would turn yellow and I would get the interface command to open the cage. No go. This is just a side quest (This character finished WT a long time ago) so no big deal--but it would be nice if it could be fixed so I could finish the quest.

I had no trouble doing it with my Myth, btw. The bug didn't seem to be an issue then.

Tabitha Ravenheart, Level 60 Death

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a known bug. You have to be in exactly the right spot to get the prompt to free him, and that spot is small and not completely logical. Try moving around to different locations until you get the prompt.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
So I defeated Kormak in Wintertusk, and supposedly got the key to free Hrothgar from his cage. My quest arrow says "use key to free Hrothgar," or something similar. But Hrothgar doesn't know I have the key, so he keeps telling me to defeat Kormak and get it. Now this guy, Kormak, was a major pain with his tower shield cheats, and I am not going to fight him again. Nope, won't do it. I walked all around the cage, hoping that Hrothgar's question mark would turn yellow and I would get the interface command to open the cage. No go. This is just a side quest (This character finished WT a long time ago) so no big deal--but it would be nice if it could be fixed so I could finish the quest.

it IS fixed. you were too close to the cage.

walk up to Hrothgar in his cage, then slowly back away from the cage until you get the X to open the cage. it's quite a ways back from him.

Champion
May 03, 2011