Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Taking care of your plants is a tough job, it drains your energy too rapidly,
so the energy cost should be reduced. If you want to take care of what may seem like a decent sized garden, say a full marlybone greenhouse, no matter how you set it up, your biting off more than you can chew. your energy may deplete just taking care of half of it if your coming back from school. Even at lvl 60, giving you 70 energy and wearing energy boosting gear witch boosts it further to around 100, you CAN'T take care of your garden.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
In my opinion there are a couple of keys to gardening a large garden successfully.

First is to decide what your gardening goals are. At first I just gardened to enjoy the different plants.

Now I garden for a purpose, and for me that is pet snacks.

The second key is to plan.

I have 4 high level characters and they each have a large garden.
Each garden has only two or three plant types in aboundance. I selected them based on their growing needs.

And each garden is set up so that a 15 energy spell will cover all affected plants. So each garden for these plants have at most three needs, 15 energy each for a total of 45 energy.

Plus the largest bug they will get is a level 3, another 15 energy.

Next I have one or two single plants that are the likes of the major plants.
At most the additional cost to keep them happy 6 for the other two needs.(In one case more because it can have up to level 5 bugs, but I feel it is worth it.)

Total energy cost is 66.

Sometimes more because I will plant

I also train pets with each of these characters.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
emilo wrote:
Taking care of your plants is a tough job, it drains your energy too rapidly,
so the energy cost should be reduced. If you want to take care of what may seem like a decent sized garden, say a full marlybone greenhouse, no matter how you set it up, your biting off more than you can chew. your energy may deplete just taking care of half of it if your coming back from school. Even at lvl 60, giving you 70 energy and wearing energy boosting gear witch boosts it further to around 100, you CAN'T take care of your garden.

Get the:
fly swatter skill: kills all pests
Some garden spells that effect all of inside/outside
Maybe some gardening treasures
There's also a reason for crowns. KI needs money to continue making new worlds and updating wizard101. They already made several ways to take care of your plants. The energy boost elixir is really cheap

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
does anyone know if the spells that affect all plants indoors/outdoors are able to be trained? i've only ever gotten these spells as treasure cards. they come in handy as my life started a garden at one spot in her mooshu palace yard, but moved it to the other side of the yard, however she still has 2 trumpet vines that wont seem to ever reach elder :( and her other spot has 2 full gardens, one with honey sickle, one with various grapes and prickly bears and fickle pickles.

I understand the thing with not enough energy. I have a lvl 32 life on another account that only grows fickle pickles, and today it didnt have pets but had 5 needs on every pickle but they fit in the 15 energy circle but she only has enough energy to take out 3 of the needs (has water, pollination, sun, magic and music needs) I dont buy the elixir I just tend to the other needs next day.

however, I logged my legend life on today to find a few plants heading to dead which i dont understand because when i'm playing i'm usually using her, so every so often i will pop her home to check the garden and tend to a few needs that she has enough energy to do, so by the time i log off at the end of the day she has tended to every need of every plant... how, in a few hours time, can a plant head for dead when it was tended to fully just a few hours prior??? I was blown away to see this!